Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Autumn 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Shared language and cultural history.

Very few people realise that from a technical perspective Norwegian is not a language in itself but a dialect of Danish aha. As close as English English and Scottish English for example in terms of mutual intelligibility. And exactly the same written.

Swedish is a different language from a technical perspective, albeit a hell of a lot of similarities. Can be understood in terms of basic stuff in Danish/Norwegian in Sweden without knowing any Swedish. But not to the same degree as Danish and Norwegian.

Although most Norwegians especially will understand Swedish as their accents are similar and Norway gets so much Swedish TV ahaha.

Last edited:

LEIFey

Context Matters!
Jun 28, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Very few people realise that from a technical perspective Norwegian is not a language in itself but a dialect of Danish aha. As close as English English and Scottish English for example in terms of mutual intelligibility. And exactly the same written.

Swedish is a different language from a technical perspective, albeit a hell of a lot of similarities. Can be understood in terms of basic stuff in Danish/Norwegian in Sweden without knowing any Swedish. But not to the same degree as Danish and Norwegian.

Although most Norwegians especially will understand Swedish as their accents are similar and Norway gets so much Swedish TV ahaha.
Yea I’m learning Swedish right now and my friend is studying Norsk. We have a shocking amount of overlap.

I have it on good authority from my Swedish friends that Swedes really hate the Danes.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Sociological experiment. A group of Danes, Swedes and Norwegians were each isolated on an island of their own to see how they would work by themselves for a three year period of time. When the experiment was over, it was found that the Swedes were fighting with each other. The Danes were drinking and partying. The Norwegians hadn’t introduced themselves to each other. So much for a unified Scandanavian identity where one fits all.

Reactions: Appleyard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I really want to see Frost bring it this weekend, he's been improving, but time to make it clear he doesn't belong in the AHL.
It would be even better if Willman did the same, and we could see Willman - Frost - Brassard in a week or so.

Desnoyers keeping it up, 12g 10-12 22 +11. 6-8 14 at ES.
How good has he been, his linemates are L'Heureux +5, and Orr +2. No otherr Halifax forward is > +1.
So Desnoyers is carrying his teammates, not the other way around.

Mooseheads captain Elliot Desnoyers flying high after spending summer in Philadelphia | SaltWire

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I really want to see Frost bring it this weekend, he's been improving, but time to make it clear he doesn't belong in the AHL.
It would be even better if Willman did the same, and we could see Willman - Frost - Brassard in a week or so.

How good has he been, his linemates are L'Heureux +5, and Orr +2. No otherr Halifax forward is > +1.

Mooseheads captain Elliot Desnoyers flying high after spending summer in Philadelphia | SaltWire
L'Heureux got kicked out tonight 3 minutes into the game. Mooseheads are winning 2-1 n the 1st period and Desnoyers has 2 assists.

Both goals are by Bobby Orr.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
L'Heureux got kicked out tonight 3 minutes into the game. Mooseheads are winning 2-1 n the 1st period and Desnoyers has 2 assists.

And after googling, I noticed Desnoyers still gets no respect, L'Heureux as the 1st rd pick gets the attention.
But Desnoyers was the lead dog last year at 18, and is leading at another level at 19.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Missed the second goal. First point was a deflected point shot on the PP which doesn't count obviously.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

I’m not sure why you push Willman so much.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’m not sure why you push Willman so much.

Because he's fast, has good size, and has improved by leaps and bounds the last two years after recovering from a knee injury his senior year (and was hobbled in a fifth college season). He's an older player, but his backstory explains why it took him so long to blossom.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Because he's fast, has good size, and has improved by leaps and bounds the last two years after recovering from a knee injury his senior year (and was hobbled in a fifth college season). He's an older player, but his backstory explains why it took him so long to blossom.
If you like him, you like him. But I think you’re quite overrating him as an NHL prospect.

He’s pretty fast, & that’s about it. I’m not seeing anything beyond another fringe 4th liner/AHLer.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Good. We really need JOB to develop, because speed is definitely an organizational need.
JOB and Tuoamaala are the only fast prospects in the pipeline. Maybe Avon, but he's a huge ???
Lycksell has some speed, who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad