Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (2015-16 Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Wait...I'm confused. It was 5-3, Tony said it was a 1 goal game. How is it tied?

Lindblom has 3 pts tonight. I'm getting excited.

oh...nevermind, read it wrong.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Cant fault them for Comrie held it twice the play right before that. At one point jumping to save it.

No but that's Morin's bread & butter in the offensive zone. I doubt that guy beats him one on one there like he did to Comrie. Gordon wouldn't have used him on the right side in that situation anyway though.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
He's success in these few weeks can only help us with his confidence to play in NA.

I know he said he still has a year left in Europe. But hopefully Hextall can convince him to stick around.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Haks needs to get me this Caggulia for the bottom 6

I may take him inThe bottom 6 tomm

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Remember seeing that. He's so what I want in the bottom 6 though, fast and the ability to score. That UND line is magic !!

I imagine Haks recruited him as well

Obviously they do it to varying degrees but Konecny, Aube-Kubel, Leier, Bardreau, & Martel are in the same mold. I'd imagine that's part of the reason why the interest isn't really there given at least 4/5 of them will be at the pro level next year.

Even Goulbourne has enough speed & natural skill to be an effective bottom sixer if he develops properly. He's might be the fastest of the group to be honest.

The Flyers have shown it's pretty easy to build up winger depth in such a short time span without spending a lot of high picks on them.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Morin +4 in a 6-4 loss? Impressive.

He was pretty good tonight. The Phantoms weren't getting hemmed in their own zone when Morin & Alt were out there like the other pairings. He was pretty physical tonight, I don't think he lost a puck or board battle. He had a couple hits he sent guys flying where he seemed to not even get a lot of steam built up prior to it.

Gordon had him on the second PP unit for a shift later in the game but it was only about 30 seconds like normal. They never really got in the zone so nothing came of it.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
TITLE: Phantoms to host 2017 AHL All-Star Classic at PPL Center

The PPL Center in Allentown will be the main attraction for the American Hockey League in late January of 2017.

The Lehigh Valley Phantoms have been selected to host the 2017 AHL All-Star Classic, League President and CEO David Andrews announced Saturday.

"We are proud of the success of the Phantoms in quickly building one of the strongest and most vibrant fan bases in the AHL," Andrews said in a release. "The beautiful PPL Center and surrounding amenities will provide a fantastic home for the AHL All-Star Classic, and we look forward to showcasing our best players, our rich history and the Lehigh Valley to fans from around the league and an international television audience next January."

The three-day event, set for Jan. 28-30, 2017, will include a Phan Fest & Tailgate Party (Jan. 28), the AHL All-Star Skills Competition (Jan. 29), and the AHL Hall of Fame Induction and Awards Ceremony and 2017 AHL All-Star Game (Jan. 30).

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/04/phantoms_to_host_2017_ahl_all-.html

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He was pretty good tonight. The Phantoms weren't getting hemmed in their own zone when Morin & Alt were out there like the other pairings. He was pretty physical tonight, I don't think he lost a puck or board battle. He had a couple hits he sent guys flying where he seemed to not even get a lot of steam built up prior to it.

Gordon had him on the second PP unit for a shift later in the game but it was only about 30 seconds like normal. They never really got in the zone so nothing came of it.

I thought he played the left point on the 2nd PP unit all night. Tomorrow I'd assume Sanheim would replace him.

Morin also made a great play to pinch in to the goal line and whip the puck back to Conner on Lindblom's first goal.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Also made a great play to pinch in to the goal line and whip the puck back to Conner on Lindblom's goal.

Yeah he had the third assist on Lindblom's second goal too. He gained possession of the puck in the defensive zone & hit a streaking Conner up the right wing to start an offensive rush.

Hopefully his role expands into more a two-way role next year because he can be a factor offensively.

Edit: He might have. It was tough to really tell at times since Gordon would take the first unit off around the 30 second mark of the PP every time & some times they wouldn't even get full changes.

I don't even know why Gordon bothers throwing a second unit out there without a faceoff at that point. They basically have to gain the zone & get set up right away or its over. He's really doing them a disservice there.

Last edited:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Obviously they do it to varying degrees but Konecny, Aube-Kubel, Leier, Bardreau, & Martel are in the same mold. I'd imagine that's part of the reason why the interest isn't really there given at least 4/5 of them will be at the pro level next year.

Even Goulbourne has enough speed & natural skill to be an effective bottom sixer if he develops properly. He's might be the fastest of the group to be honest.

The Flyers have shown it's pretty easy to build up winger depth in such a short time span without spending a lot of high picks on them.
Agreed, they have good depth in speed and hockey sense, but do need some bigger wingers and depth Cs with size as well. Caggiula might not be the best fit. Now Vesey.... ;)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Agreed, they have good depth in speed and hockey sense, but do need some bigger wingers and depth Cs with size as well. Caggiula might not be the best fit. Now Vesey.... ;)

Yeah not just that but Vesey's a guy who's very likely on your opening night roster too. I doubt they get him but the Flyers should be throwing their hat into the ring for him on August 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad