Post-Game Talk: pgt

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
So are we allowed an emergency call up or not in the season left remaining?
Seems the new wording is that we have to play at least one game shorthanded, and for the players we were shorthanded before Motte don’t count because we did this to ourselves.

Yesterday’s game doesn’t count either, because Motte was in the lineup, so our first official shorthanded game is tomorrow, then we can get an emergency player for Motte against Montreal.

Reactions: will1066

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Seems the new wording is that we have to play at least one game shorthanded, and for the players we were shorthanded before Motte don’t count because we did this to ourselves.

Yesterday’s game doesn’t count either, because Motte was in the lineup, so our first official shorthanded game is tomorrow, then we can get an emergency player for Motte against Montreal.
I don't see why we're not eligible to call up a defenseman.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I don't see why we're not eligible to call up a defenseman.
NHL reasoning is that we made the trade for Kane knowing full well it would put us in cap trouble with Miller suspended and Lindgren out.

If the injury and suspension happened after the trade, we may have been able to get the call-ups.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
NHL reasoning is that we made the trade for Kane knowing full well it would put us in cap trouble with Miller suspended and Lindgren out.

If the injury and suspension happened after the trade, we may have been able to get the call-ups.
I thought I saw yesterday that the fact we could have resolved it only applied to yesterday's game-- that is, we were in an emergency situation that could have been resolved but we made another move so that didn't count as the "one game shorthanded", then we played another game after it could no longer be resolved by a roster move so that should count. But I can't find the tweet that said that so maybe I'm just making it all up.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I thought I saw yesterday that the fact we could have resolved it only applied to yesterday's game-- that is, we were in an emergency situation that could have been resolved but we made another move so that didn't count as the "one game shorthanded", then we played another game after it could no longer be resolved by a roster move so that should count. But I can't find the tweet that said that so maybe I'm just making it all up.
If that’s the case, couldn’t we have added a replacement for Miller yesterday, as unless my count is off, he’s now served two games of his suspension?

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
If that’s the case, couldn’t we have added a replacement for Miller yesterday, as unless my count is off, he’s now served two games of his suspension?
We could have made a roster move before the Wednesday game that would have resulted in us not playing shorthanded, so the Wednesday game didn't count as the game we had to play short. We could not have made a roster move before the Thursday game that would have resulted in us not playing shorthanded, so by that logic it should count.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad