PGT: Wild one

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Beaulieu is already better than either of those guys. Zero way he shouldn't be in this lineup right now if we base it solely on hockey skills and how he played. Tinordi's a work in progress but at least its a means to an end.

Damn near leads the Dogs at-16...
He's still a work in progress.
Granted he is the type of player who can perform better with talent around him.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Im not gonna read this thread, kinda drunk, pre-tailgating baseball game, but just incase no one has mentioned it...Clearly the combo of the future: bouillon-subban

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Im not gonna read this thread, kinda drunk, pre-tailgating baseball game, but just incase no one has mentioned it...Clearly the combo of the future: bouillon-subban

Read the thread...
You are clearly not going to get to it once you actually start tailgating :yo:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Thanks guys. Leafs-Habs alliance in full force

alliance? what the **** are you smoking?

go back to the main board and make some thread, ill give you some ideas:

leafs defense: on paper, best in the league?
reimer = vezina?
kessel 4 hart?
leafs disproving advanced stats?
is it the year phaneuf wins the norris?
leafs are the best canadian team

i could go on and on, basically: **** off :laugh:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
feel-so-good-to-be-loved-funny-animal-picture.jpg

Feels mighty satisfaction.......

Bonsoir!

I'm not a numbaaaaa! I'm a free man!

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Fantastic game by Price, Vanek, and Plekanec. Good to see Pleks hit his 6th 20 goal season, and even better to see our 3rd line continue to dominate.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Crazy game for sure. Very rough night defensively for Subban. I'm really liking the makeup up front with the new lines. Plekanec away from Gionta is a breath of fresh air. And I can't wait for Gorges to come back and kick Bouillon to the curb (I hope).

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Crazy game for sure. Very rough night defensively for Subban. I'm really liking the makeup up front with the new lines. Plekanec away from Gionta is a breath of fresh air. And I can't wait for Gorges to come back and kick Bouillon to the curb (I hope).

You just know that MT will drop Tinordi just to keep Bouillon or Murray in the lineup.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Cant believe leafs fans talk of alliances. If we ever help them by winning its pure collateral damage. Coulsnt care less about that crap team.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
Regardless of Subban's terrible decisions tonight, the Cube-PK pairing has to stop. No idea why MT didn't bring any adjustments halfway through the game.

Totally agree. PK made some ill advised plays but that pairing was consistently pinned in their own end. It is difficult to make a perfect play every time when you have been stuck in your end all shift and you are trying to cover up for your partner's mistakes. I am also quite sure that Subban was taking more chances because he simply doesn't trust Bouillon enough to pass him the puck when there is pressure.

Playing your best defenseman with your worst is probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen and Therrien has done it more than once with Frankie/Murray with Subban.

I don't know if I have ever seen another team employ this strategy. Therrien needs to decide if he wants 3 mediocre pairings to play all game or if he wants a stud pairing to play 30 minutes, a mediocre pairing to play 18 and a weaker pairing to play 12. I vote for the latter.

PricePkPatch*

Oh, can somebody make a .gif of Vanek knocking aside the Wings D leading to the DD goal/

Also, someone found the Bourque Submission? Where he literally picked up and thrown down a Wings player, and then got away with the puck?

Not a huge Bourque fan, but I am gonna celebrate when he does something awesome.

Darth Joker

Dec 12, 2009
Canada
Some of you guys are really funny to read. Do you realize what a mess it will be if Tinordi was giving the same ice time that Bouillon is playing?

Did you see the mistakes that Tinordi made tonight with his little ice time he was giving?

For sure, Franky B in normal circumstances should'nt play that amount of time or be place in this situation, i'm well aware of that. Therrien is doing the best that he can with what he have.

We have a weak defensive squad and neither Tinordi or Beaulieu can do what Bouillon or Murray are doing for this team.

I largely agree. Beaulieu might be different, and I think the Habs organization might be making a mistake in leaving him down in Hamilton, but Tinordi vs. Murray vs. Bouillon is basically a "pick your poison" situation. Unless we call Beaulieu back up, we have to play one of Tinordi, Murray, and Bouillon in the Top 4 with Subban (Emelin/Markov have good chemistry, and Weaver's a righty). It sucks, it really does, but that's the cost of having Gorges out, and so I don't see why the coach should take heat for this. He has to pick one of three dreadful options.

We should be happy that we're winning in spite of the obvious cost of the Gorges injury.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Oh, can somebody make a .gif of Vanek knocking aside the Wings D leading to the DD goal/

Also, someone found the Bourque Submission? Where he literally picked up and thrown down a Wings player, and then got away with the puck?

Not a huge Bourque fan, but I am gonna celebrate when he does something awesome.

We can't complain about Bourque since his benching.. He's been pretty good along side Briere and Gio. Bringing speed and intensity, exactly what we need going into playoffs... Apparently Berg pulled him aside at trade deadline and said I'm not going to trade you, because if I do you're going to go score 25 goals somewhere else. I feel like he told him to work hard, gain value and they'll look at their options next season.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
We can't complain about Bourque since his benching.. He's been pretty good along side Briere and Gio. Bringing speed and intensity, exactly what we need going into playoffs... Apparently Berg pulled him aside at trade deadline and said I'm not going to trade you, because if I do you're going to go score 25 goals somewhere else. I feel like he told him to work hard, gain value and they'll look at their options next season.

Agreed here too. The last two games I've seen, there have been several times where I've said to myself, "was that Bourque? that was awesome".. or at least good. I'm not sure if it was something that was said to him, or maybe the Vanek trade has injected some enthusiasm into the forwards in general. Or maybe he just flipped a switch when he realized he wasn't going anywhere. Regardless, if he continues to be a positive force, even not great, just a positive contributor, that will really help in the POs. The forward lines are starting to look good. Now just need to get the cube out of the lineup.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
*takes drag of cigarette*

Hey guys. Thanks for last night.

*takes drag of cigarrette*

It was great. You guys were great. I had a lot of fun.

I just. I just don't think it's going to work out. I'm sorry. We'll always have last night though.

Listen. I've got your number. I'll call you sometime. Next Saturday maybe?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Hey guys. Thanks for last night.

*takes drag of cigarrette*

It was great. You guys were great. I had a lot of fun.

I just. I just don't think it's going to work out. I'm sorry. We'll always have last night though.

Listen. I've got your number. I'll call you sometime. Next Saturday maybe?

by the way, i gotta cancel our golf appointment in 2 weeks....you know how it is..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad