PGT: Wild one

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Every goal is equal on the scoresheet.

Not to take either side, but that's the stats fan line. And as we know, stats have always failed at capturing the ebb and flow of confidence (individually AND collectively) in sports. Not all goals are "equal" to those actually playing the game. "Back-breaking goal" is more than just a funny combination of words; it's an idiom for a reason.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
He's the best Center on the team, when you try him with a sorry goal-tender like Howard, that's the result you're gonna get! Don't you ever talk about him!

I was referring to the fact that we call Pleks "Gangsta" and how the American media called Sherman a "thug" after his post-game speech.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
I was referring to the fact that we call Pleks "Gangsta" and how the American media called Sherman a "thug" after his post-game speech.
Understood.

I'm just seriously craving a hockey player to do a similar speech, if only because it might cause Grapes to have a coronary on the following Coaches Corner.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The Last Alliance, ready to face the Forces of Mordor Boston

Hobbit_thorin_charge.gif

:laugh:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Now Lafffans are coming here to thank us.

First, the Taranna obsession here.

Then, Lafffans thanking us.

What is this world turning into.

Next thing we'll learn is that we love the Nordiques.

KerryFraser

Apr 6, 2008
While Tinordi is showing flashes of being an NHL defenseman, he is struggling for sure at the moment. He will be a regular next season without a doubt but he is still not quite ready today. Beaulieu is more ready IMO.

I was impressed to see Beaulieu in his short try that he was giving before the olympics. I think he delivered pretty well.

I don't know what happened to him in Hamilton after that. I 'm clueless.

PricePkPatch*

I was impressed to see Beaulieu in his short try that he was giving before the olympics. I think he delivered pretty well.

I don't know what happened to him in Hamilton after that. I 'm clueless.

Rumor has it he sulked and acted like a dramaqueen for being sent back during the Olympics.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Huge win...
Tough game for Pk on the back end.
But....
You gotta love his progress on the offensive side of the game.
He is slowly learning he can become force to be reckoned with (without the puck).
Witness Plecky's second goal.
He's starting to make great dishes a la Marky, remember Ottawa.
The mistakes he made clearing the zone can be easily fixed (taught).
This will happen as he clearly see the ice well.
He has the offensive stuff that can't be taught (talent)
He may be outgrowing JJ...????
Let's face it our D has improved drastically over the beginning of the season.
Emelin starting to peak Weaver much better than we originally thought.
Crank useful against some teams and can go to war in PO's
So if we can keep scoring 3-4 goals per game consistently.
I wouldn't want to play us...
For the most part this was a great game.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's just hearsays from reporters, but it's the only thing we got.

But yhea. Sucks a lot. Beaulieu-subban was just.. beautiful

Can,t wait to see Beaulieu being traded at draft day so it could come back and bite us in the ass.....

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
To all the Leaf fans coming here to thank us, you should be coming here to join us.

C'mon, you know you want to deep down inside. Come and join the bright side, we have cookies. :)

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Regardless of Subban's terrible decisions tonight, the Cube-PK pairing has to stop. No idea why MT didn't bring any adjustments halfway through the game.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Regardless of Subban's terrible decisions tonight, the Cube-PK pairing has to stop. No idea why MT didn't bring any adjustments halfway through the game.

Agreed,
I think the management are trying to spread out the workload until Josh comes back.
You should see Crank against Fla.
I too would love to see Nathan back in the fold but not at the expense of attitude.
He needs to do what Bournival did when he went down.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Beaulieu makes us a much better team IMO... He skates so well with the puck, he brings something we need, we actually possess the puck more with him in the lineup. I don't think they'll bring him in though with the depth we have on D... especially when Gorges comes back. It'll be for next year then I guess.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Some of you guys are really funny to read. Do you realize what a mess it will be if Tinordi was giving the same ice time that Bouillon is playing?

Did you see the mistakes that Tinordi made tonight with his little ice time he was giving?

For sure, Franky B in normal circumstances should'nt play that amount of time or be place in this situation, i'm well aware of that. Therrien is doing the best that he can with what he have.

We have a weak defensive squad and neither Tinordi or Beaulieu can do what Bouillon or Murray are doing for this team.
Beaulieu is already better than either of those guys. Zero way he shouldn't be in this lineup right now if we base it solely on hockey skills and how he played. Tinordi's a work in progress but at least its a means to an end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad