WJC: PGT: Semifinal #1: USA vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Someone needs to gif those fans hugging during the ceremony. It was amazing.

Haha definitely. Congrats on the win. Like to beat the US but never really hate the team. Will be cheering for you guys in the Finals :)

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
us-animated.gif

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Great effort by the USA. They have been a juggernaut in the last 3 games. Glad I stayed up to watch.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Pumped about this win but the work is not done yet. As much as I'd like to rub in the Canadian's faces I won't because they're staying classy. That was a great game to watch and I hope I'm not too excited to fall asleep. Good night from 'Murica!

Mickey Redmond*

Nov 2, 2010
Canadians are living in the past. They no longer are the best hockey country in the world, it is something they are going to have to learn to live with. In before someone brings up the olympics from 3 years ago.

Anchor Town*

So who are the Canadian fans rooting for to win it all? US, Russia, or Sweden?

djf

Jun 9, 2012
Gratz to USA. Great game, I was rooting for ya! Now let's see if we can't get our win against Russia and meet in the finals :yo:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
For someone who "should be in the NHL" Huberdeau looked absolutely useless

Absolutely useless, are you kidding me? I'm sure you're just angry and looking for scapegoat. His vision and skating ability are apparent.

This game was won by Gibson. Beast. Well done USA, you deserve it.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
I was partially kidding yesterday when I mentioned it, but after 2 straight SF losses, and 4 years without gold, I think Hockey Canada will go into full-on summit mode.

I'll be shocked if the CHL teams aren't "lending" their players to Team Canada for a WJHC training-camp in late-November by 2015 at the latest.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The biggest difference in the game was Gibson made the key stops, Subban couldn't. In a one game elimination, came down to this.

Mccabe was good today, obvious choice. But unnoticed was the work of Tyler Biggs. Great PK, and played safe minutes. If US fans don't know why he was picked by Housley just check your PK stats. He and Troechek are the best PK players of the tourney.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Geez. It's cool to win these tournaments but in the end, like the olympics, it's a one game thing. Anything can happen, Canada could roll the best roster for 20 years straight and still never win gold. Determining winners is why we have the Stanley Cup.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Average game for Canada and a great game by a hot USA team, recipe for disaster. Didn't think Subban was the difference in this game, Canada just didn't seem to want it today. Go USA!

mizzoublues29

Unregistered User
Apr 10, 2009
Columbia, MO
I just can't believe that some people are still trying to blame Subban. He had no chance on the first 3 goals, and even the 4th was a perfect shot after the d-man was more useless than a cigar store indian. He played fine the entire tourney, the team in front of him was brutal.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Canada really needs to start picking the best players, not role players. Lipon, McNeil, Camara were all invisible. MacKinnon was not properly used and the coaching finally realized that in the second period but was too late.

Good game from the US though. They deserve it.

McNeil was actually a sub for Hudon (and a good one at that).

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Rielly solo rush + weak wrister at goalie: "Excellent play, great effort"
Murphy solo rush + weak wrister at goalie: "Ugh, why isn't Rielly in?"

Rielly 5gp 1g 4pts +4
Murphy 5gp 0g 0pts E

Given how much ice time each was given, I dunno how people say they contributed the same amount offensively or single out Rielly for offensive play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad