WJC: PGT: Semifinal #1: USA vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottrockztheworld*

If Corrado was on the team & played as much as Murphy we would have won:sarcasm:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Seth Jones was very impressive.

Once the season is cancelled, I will be excited when the 'Canes draft him.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Canada really needs to start picking the best players, not role players. Lipon, McNeil, Camara were all invisible. MacKinnon was not properly used and the coaching finally realized that in the second period but was too late.

Good game from the US though. They deserve it.

mp901

Dec 31, 2012
I was impressed by team USA today. I'm hoping for USA-SWE final with the U.S capturing the gold.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'll be cheering for USA, regardless against whom they're playing the 5th.

Best team (today, at least) won, that's all.

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
Rielly solo rush + weak wrister at goalie: "Excellent play, great effort"
Murphy solo rush + weak wrister at goalie: "Ugh, why isn't Rielly in?"

Double-standards aside, we played like garbage as a team. Sure Spott could have made some minor tweaks here and there, but it makes absolutely no difference when the only players to show up are your goalies. Gibson is a monster, Anaheim sure has a gem.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Results occurring 5 years before are only relevant in history books. Canada no longer has the magic from long ago, and due to the players they have, it can't be excused, from players to management. The Swiss would have gone out fighting with the US.

Congrats to the US and its players, no excuses for Canada, and good luck in the final.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
eagle_flag_6_xlarge.jpeg

:towel:

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
Canada's questionable coaching decisions and shoddy goaltending were a huge let down. Better team won today, congrats 'merica!

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
What disappointed me the most about team Canada in this entire tourney was the defense. Hamilton, Rielly, Murphy were average-poor defensively and didn't do **** offensively.

Hamilton and Murphy were on for basically the full two minutes on both powerplays.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
US won Gold in 2010, and then was in the relegation round in 2012. Nations go through ups and downs in these kind of tournaments. Canada went through a horrible spell in late 1990s and early 2000s but bounced back again...

It's okay. The Drive for 15 is still alive, and that's something no other nation has come close to... or ever will, I think. I realize we have the "Gold or Nothing" mentality, but that's just not possible these days.

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC
USA dominated from the beginning. Seth Jones looked like a completely different player from the last USA/Canada game and Gaudreau showed why Flames' fans are raving about him. Steve Spott sucks balls.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Best team won. Worst team loss. Just as it's suppose to be. So many problems for Canada, but that was created a whole lot by the US forecheck and aggressiveness that Canada was unable to adapt which is quite strange.

The scariest part is that this is in a lockout year. Where Canada should be a clear winner for players that could play instead of being in the NHL. Can't imagine where we'd be without a lockout....

Also fun to pretend that Canada missed their little spark in Hudon even though he would not changed today's game.

Kudos to US. Your biggest opponent for the rest is yourselves. Other than that....you'll win this one.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Better team won today.

No excuses, no ********.

Well played America.

Canada came out flat from the get go and USA came out with guns blazing... not sure who to fault/blame but when a team comes out and looks that disinterested from the puck drop, I am leaning to coach.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Rielly solo rush + weak wrister at goalie: "Excellent play, great effort"
Murphy solo rush + weak wrister at goalie: "Ugh, why isn't Rielly in?"

Double-standards aside, we played like garbage as a team. Sure Spott could have made some minor tweaks here and there, but it makes absolutely no difference when the only players to show up are your goalies. Gibson is a monster, Anaheim sure has a gem.

I'd add Jenner, Drouin and Wotherspoon to that (short) list.

Scottrockztheworld*

What ever when was the last time you won a Spengler Cup? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad