NFL: PGT - Seahawks @ Panthers

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Before we all praise Wilson, keep in mind that it's his fault they went down early, and was once again bailed out by his defense keeping Carolina off the board for the entire half.

He didn't do squat.

Without that d, godboy is buried yet again.

As always, they love to see my guy fall

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Next year Hemsky, the Hawks will be better next year.

I have to say, this ones on Russell. He showed unbelievable heart and resilience, but it all came down to that pick six. It took me a while to stop being sick to my stomach, Russell will be back.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I have to say, this ones on Russell. He showed unbelievable heart and resilience, but it all came down to that pick six. It took me a while to stop being sick to my stomach, Russell will be back.

Hawks need to make some changes for next season.

QB - Wilson did show in the 2nd half that he is capable of having the game put on his shoulders. That is a good sign going forward, given other changes expected for the team on offence
RB - Expect Beast Mode to retire. Just so much punishment over his career. Rawls will have to show he can handle the full season load. Is Michael capable of being the backup and getting 25-30% of the rushes? Likely draft another RB on day 3 of the draft
TE - Hope Graham comes back healthy next season and they figure out a way to integrate more seamlessly next season. Wilson is a solid #2 TE.
WR - Man, they really missed on improving this position so many times. Dealing for Harvin when Hopkins would have been available with their pick. Drafting Michael in round 2 while K. Allen was on the board. Selecting Richardson over A. Robinson in Round 2 in 2014. Baldwin tops out as a #2 WR. Kearse is a #3-4 on most teams. Hawks need Richardson to recover from the ACL. Need a big WR in the draft.
OL - Man, major issues. Both tackle positions need an upgrade. R. Okung is solid when healthy but has had a few minor injuries over the years. They need to find upgrades to the OL to help out Wilson.

OC - Bevell has to game plan better, especially at the start of games. With OL issues, have to put in some more short quick passes. Without Beast Mode, there will be fewer 8 man fronts.

Defense

Secondary - have to improve their coverage against TEs. Plus, they really need a CB to emerge opposite Sherman. Had hoped for T. Simon, but he couldn't step up. Can Tye Smith take the reigns? Have to draft a CB on day 1 or day 2 of the draft.
Linebackers - Pretty sure Irvin will not be re-signed. Need to replace that position. Looking for a LB who can help cover the TE.
D Line - Barring contract issues, they will have Clark, Marsh, Hill, Bennett, Avril returning. B. Mebane might be a cap casualty. #77, not sure what his status is. That is 2 of their DT. Need depth at the draft.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
While they've missed a ton on receivers, and it would be nice to have hopkins, I wouldn't say receiver is a pressing need.

I would focus on

1. OL

2. CB

3. DL

Graham is a big cap hit with no guarantee $, and that injury is a tough one to come back from. I really dont know whats gonna happen there.

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Even as a Seahawks fan, one of the funniest things I heard to day was (in Macklemore voice): "Who's interception is that? That's Russell Wilson's interception."

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Amazing game to be at. I don't go to games often, but this was definitely worth the trip. The start reminded me a little too much of the 08 Cardinals game, so I didn't really go nuts until the Kuechly pick six. I wasn't terribly worried about the comeback, because it was pretty much by design. They kept everything in front of them and didn't let themselves get beat deep. I would have liked to see them keep their foot on the gas, but I had no feels of a successful Seattle comeback.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
If the Seahwaks didn't manage the end of the first half so horribly, they could have easily added 10 points. They just had to kick the field goal when they were inside the 30 and then push the ball down the field more when they got the ball back again.

But even at 31-0, I said the Panthers need another score before I'll say it's over.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
If the Seahwaks didn't manage the end of the first half so horribly, they could have easily added 10 points. They just had to kick the field goal when they were inside the 30 and then push the ball down the field more when they got the ball back again.

But even at 31-0, I said the Panthers need another score before I'll say it's over.

I can understand why Seattle went for it on 4th down near the end of the first half. Down by 31 and they can't really expect the Panthers to go scoreless in the 2nd half.

Too bad they didn't hit the FG to end the half. Then, at the end of the game, they use their time out instead of spiking the ball on 1st down at the end.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
has anyone posted this yet?
letter_to_cam.png

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Saw it on a Panthers fan forum that gets hurt over any perceived slight to the Panthers, so didn't read it.

Reading it now.... it's fascinating how someone can talk about taking pride in their home and their team and their community, and then chastise someone else for taking down an opposing team flag in his own stadium?

This could have been avoided too, all she had to do was think "What if that were Russell Wilson, at Seattle, and it were a Panthers flag."

"Oh, well, that's different, because-"

Yeah, yeah, got it.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
People take sports way too ****ing seriously. Some Panther fan tried to fight me Saturday night because I dared to buy shots for a couple of Seahawk fans who FLEW ACROSS THE COUNTRY to support their team. They were literally sitting in a booth, minding their own business, and not being dicks by any means. And these other dudes wanted to fight me.

Calm the **** down everyone. At the end of the day, sports are just entertainment. Football is a game. You're allowed to have fun. It's okay, I promise.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Well some dude did get in the middle of us pretty quickly. I think he was just one of their friends trying to diffuse the situation because he was pretty small but I did get shoved a few times before he stepped in. Im like man, I'm just trying to take go take a piss here. That was definitely the priority.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
^Not to mention those flags over a certain size were banned in the stadium anyway on Sunday. Don't know if that fit into that requirement but you're asking for it if you bring something banned into a stadium.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad