Post-Game Talk: PGT no one wants to make apparently...Preds 3 Habs 1

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Detroit wouldn’t beat this team in a best of seven series and neither would we. It’s pretty obvious how far behind we still are from teams like that.

Just saying....Preds is a better team and are contenders, no debate. But one game isn't defining it....even if the Habs destroyed the Jets, it doesn't mean Habs are the better team.

I would be rich if hockey works like that.

Reactions: OldCraig71

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
We are not that far behind but we are behind

We have interesting pieces but we have no Forsberg, Arvidsson or Johansen. Their top-6 is more talent-heavy than ours and defensively it’s not even close. Of all the d- men we have, only Weber would crack their top-4. Price is better than Rinne though.

We’re at least two top-4 d-men and a big time scoring winger away from being close imo.

Last edited:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Just saying....Preds is a better team and are contenders, no debate. But one game isn't defining it....even if the Habs destroyed the Jets, it doesn't mean Habs are the better team.

The preds do not scare me in the west at all. We didn't play great ( especially in the first) and we were in it

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Preds are a good team but I think the notion that they're THAT much better then the habs is a little silly to me. The difference between the Habs and any team other then the Lightning and the bottom feeders is pretty slim.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
You need offensive stars to win games. Radulov is the one offensive star that we had and Bergevin let him go to sign ****ing Alzner and Hemsky. I still get upset to this day.

we got Drouin, Drou "Fooking" In

Oh and

Radulove is no Crosby

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
You need offensive stars to win games. Radulov is the one offensive star that we had and Bergevin let him go to sign ****ing Alzner and Hemsky. I still get upset to this day.
Drunk sandysan says this. We offered radulov FAIR MARKET VALUE. He chose to go to Dallas with the same offer. Him not being in montreal is on him.

Drunk sandysan out!

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Then you offer more money
So you overpay to keep assets?

That's an interesting take from a fanbase who are more obsessed with our goalies paycheck than ahab was with the white whale.

Yoy know how a team gets good? Pay players what they are worth ( as defined by the market)

Reactions: chaosrevolver

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

No I get that and I agree. I'm currently using NSH as an example because we just played them but it's like that every time we play legit contending teams. Of course we might win from time to time like against the Jets the other day. Still, this is not the norm and certainly not what should be expected from this Habs team on a regular basis.

Reactions: The90

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Its that damn inconsistency that irks me. Too talented to not impact most games

Linus Omark had the same flash Drouin has. Didn’t make him a good player. Not trying to compare those two, But talent only gets you so far in sports. You’ve got to have the drive and JD only has it 50% of the time. You can’t teach passion for the game and he plays like he lacks it.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
This is what a contender looks like...we ran into a team that has better offense, defense and goaltending (no disrespect to Price) than us

No disrespect to you, but you probably dont watch much of the Preds to state that, for some reasons Rinne always stands big against us but he is far from being as consistent as Price is game after game... Tonight both goaltenders were great and made outstanding saves all night long, but the Preds have been the better overall team for the most part of the game and were sharper in the offensive zone...

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I didn't say he was. But he did let in a softie which allowed a momentum swing. We had them before that moment.
And he stopped a clear cut breakaway, the first goal was an out of the air deflection and goal two wentr through more people than voted for hillary.

You want to point fingers? Point em benn's and domi's way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad