PGT: 12/31/14 Rangers vs Florida No One is Here Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
One thing I love hearing from people who advocate for Glass in the lineup is how he brings a physical element we lack. And, conversely, Fast is a butter soft vanilla player. Fast had 5 hits tonight, two of them led directly to a Panther player losing the puck, and offensive zone pressure for the Rangers. Those are the kind of hits you want. Not whatever the hell Glass does.

Fast needs to stay. Seriously.

Also worth noting, him and Miller both played more than Hayes and Stempniak. That's pretty drastic, from healthy scratch to 13 minutes.

This is the right lineup. Id consider playing Lindberg over Stempniak at some point but that might be tough salarycap-wise.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Kreider looks great...he's such a difference maker when he's playing north south and involved every shift.

McDonagh was awesome tonight, good bounce back game for him. Staal was excellent defensively.

Good to see MSL get one, even if it was off his skate. Need to get him going again, although with Kreider back on his game, that line has been excellent.

This is the lineup we need to use, the correct 12 forwards anyway.

I'd like to see the bottom 6 be:

Hags-Hayes-Miller
Stemp-Moore-Fast

I mean, whatever the combinations, that was FOUR SOLID LINES even the weakest of which can sustain offensive pressure. Funny how removing Glass from the lineup does that.

Anyway, happy New Year guys!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Was at the game

Awesome game to go to and so many Ranger fans

I actually sat in front of the box where the Lundqvist family was and near where Darius Kasperitus apparently was sitting

Yeah this was a very impressive win. We are big rivals in the standings, they have home ice etc. we destroyed them.

Awsome game by McD.

Nice to at least see a few good plays by Kreider, his overall game was still pretty avg. But he made at least 4 real good plays and that made a diffeence.

I thought Boyle have played fairly well lately, but last night wasn't much to write home about. Which I am not sure what to make off. Not positive...

The 3rd line played real well. I love Hayes.

Miller played well, but that decision to shoot when Stempniak had an open net rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited:

magnkarl

Jan 26, 2014
Pickled Herring etc.
Good game. I am thrilled that our 2nd PP is now producing more than our 1st one, much like last year. This will make our special teams hard to defend against and wear down other teams. Miller, McD and Zucc deserves a lot of credit for this.

Have a great new year everyone.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Great game. BB&T Center was like MSG part 2.

Omg, it really was. Been attending for years, and this was the first time it was THAT MUCH of a difference. Chants everywhere. Goal songs aplenty. Gooooaal, gooooal, hey, hey....well, u get the idea. Oh yeah, and no cow bells (lmao) they're annoying as hell.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
9-3-0

decemberschedule.png

Glorious.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Omg, it really was. Been attending for years, and this was the first time it was THAT MUCH of a difference. Chants everywhere. Goal songs aplenty. Gooooaal, gooooal, hey, hey....well, u get the idea. Oh yeah, and no cow bells (lmao) they're annoying as hell.

Whoa-oh-ohhhh.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Florida was unbeaten at home in their last 8 games, I think.

Soft schedule, my ass.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010

Miller played well, but that decision to shoot when Stempniak had an open net rubbed me the wrong way.

Totally agree. I was screamin my head off. And he had a totally wide open passing lane to get the puck to the player who had the wide open net. Been a while since I've seen a decision to be more obvious on a 2 on 1 and seen the puck carrier choose to just release a crappy ass shot instead. I just wonder if it was rooted in selfishness, youthful error, or lack of faith in Stempniak. Course, could be all 3 too. But I say with 93.7% certainty that a goal was given up as a direct result of his decision.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Rangers dominated the game against a hot team who plays well at home. Third in four nights for Florida and it showed. Montoya didn't help.

Schedule is murder coming up. If they play .500 over the next month they'll cruise the rest of the way.

California here we come!!!

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
That stat is wrong, we lost 3-2 and 1-0 in shootouts. The 3-2 shootout loss was not us giving up 3.

Wouldn't that just make the stat 16-0-2 then, and everything else, including the intention of the poster, still applying then? Just sayin...

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I thought MSL's goal ticked off his stick after he kicked it. No?

I don't believe it did. He definitely kicked at the puck but I'm going to assume the reason why it counted was because he didn't kick it towards the goal. It was clearly a kick to the side which in no way goes in unless it hits off someone else and changes direction completely. I think that was the right call. The Kreider goal should have been whistled down once he touched it though if he did get it with the high stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad