PGT: 12/31/14 Rangers vs Florida No One is Here Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Its a call I could've easily seen go either way, just like most of those plays. Its really a rule that needs to be altered to be more consistant.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Omg, it really was. Been attending for years, and this was the first time it was THAT MUCH of a difference. Chants everywhere. Goal songs aplenty. Gooooaal, gooooal, hey, hey....well, u get the idea. Oh yeah, and no cow bells (lmao) they're annoying as hell.

Oh man, I love that arena. I almost felt bad for the fans sitting in front of us who were looking around like "what the heck is this?" lol

The goal songs were great too and the let's go Rangers chants after the game, on the way out were a nice finishing touch. hahaha

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
LOL Did anyone hope they were going to salute our fans from the circle after that game?

The thought crossed my mind, but I think it could have pissed Fla off. No reason to risk starting something ...

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I actually felt bad for the Florida Panthers having to hear that on New Years Eve.

Glad the Rangers stomped them out, but I'd rather hear the boo birds than cheering like we were home.

Don't mind in with the Devils and Islanders because well screw them, but I don't hate the Panthers and that team needs THEIR fans to show up to games

Whiskers*

Since his return, Stepan leads the NHL in assists(19). He is on a roll!!

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The thought crossed my mind, but I think it could have pissed Fla off. No reason to risk starting something ...

I don't know, I kind of remember them doing something similar to a salute in Raleigh in 2012-13 when they clinched on the Callahan OT goal.

AFAIC, let it "piss Florida off". If they don't have the fans to fill the building and they have to rely on teams like the Rangers and Canadiens to sell tickets, maybe they don't belong in the league. Don't know if you've ever noticed, but the Rangers ALWAYS play in Florida on a Thanksgiving eve or during the Christmas - New Year's stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad