Pgh 2-1 OT loss: 1 point at least

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
4 goals and 9 points in last 10 games where the Habs are 7-2-1. But of course, HIM at C is part of the problem. :laugh:

For someone that creates the odd chance, DD's got 2 points in 8 games while Galchenyuk has 5 in the same span as someone that's creating zero chances. Even Lars has 4 points in that same span...same as Plekanec. I wonder where's the problem in the names listed above that is relied on for offense. :sarcasm:

Take out the hattie in the first of those 10 games and he is 1 goal in the last 9 games.

One goal per 9 games is not that great. That's a pace of 9 goals over the season and is nowhere near the production Chucky had at wing with Pleks.

Add to that, Pacioretty has slowed down his goal production as well. After half the season, he has 15. 30 goals is fewer than last season.

If you are OK with the declines in production from Galchenyuk and Max and are happy that DD was demoted, then I guess all is well.

Unintended consequences. So many have gotten their wish and now the results are not there. And for what its worth, we are not any better in the Eastern standings race since the switch.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Take out the hattie in the first of those 10 games and he is 1 goal in the last 9 games.

One goal per 9 games is not that great. That's a pace of 9 goals over the season and is nowhere near the production Chucky had at wing with Pleks.

Add to that, Pacioretty has slowed down his goal production as well. After half the season, he has 15. 30 goals is fewer than last season.

If you are OK with the declines in production from Galchenyuk and Max and are happy that DD was demoted, then I guess all is well.

Unintended consequences. So many have gotten their wish and now the results are not there. And for what its worth, we are not any better in the Eastern standings race since the switch.

...keep pushing the Wee Man agenda...:shakehead

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
...keep pushing the Wee Man agenda...:shakehead

I dont have an agenda with DD.

Read the Andreghetto thread. I am ready for all of our undersized forwards to be shipped out and traded, DD included.

All I am saying is that we all read how much better the Habs would be with DD moved from Center. DD was not scoring like a #1 C.

And now.......is Chucky scoring like a #1 C?

Much ado about nothing other than the fact that the Habs need MORE help at wing than before the switch.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, but that is the pace Desharnais was on while having Galchenyuk scoring goals on the wing with Pleks.

Now, Pleks does not have goal scoring wings and Galchenyuk is not scoring goals.

It seems we may have taken one step forward and a step and a half backwards.

4 goals in 11 games since moving to center (0.36 goals per games)
6 goals in 30 games when playing at wing (0.20 goals per games)

0.20 goals per games is about 16-17 goals a season, we can't filled that? But 0.36 goals per games is 29-30 goals pace.

He s creating zero chances offensively. That is a problem.jesus even dd is creating the odd chance on the 3 rd line.and i wont even start with lars.

Don't start with that.....cause both players mentioned set-up beautiful (Galchy at the end and also Eller you set-up Prust perfectly alone in front the net) And Eller's production is fine for a 3rd liner....it's even better than DD sine he's back from injury.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Actually, from November 13th to December 6th Galchenyuk went 13 games with 1 goal. This was the streak he was on right before being made C. That is a pace for 6 goals over the season. Factually, he has 4 goals in 12 games at C while 6 goals in 39 games at W. In other words, you are BS'ing. Did you think Galchenyuk was Crosby or Malkin to instantly become a over point/game player? He's got 9 points in his last 10 games which is fantastic for a 20 year old. Relax, he's getting accustomed to being #1C. He can't do it while being on W. He's not even that bad at faceoffs despite never taking much over his NHL career.

Add to that, Pacioretty has slowed down his goal production as well. I agree. He's only got 6 goals and 13 points in 12 games with Galchenyuk at center. 0.5 goals/game is less than the 0.53 goals/game he had last season. So instead of 39 goals and 60 points over 73 games, he's on pace for 37 goals and 79 points with Galchenyuk.

I don't know why but I'm happy with the consequences. 9-2-1 in last 12 games with the goals/game being 3.0. Obviously though, when the going gets tough for DD have to mess everything else up to get him going. Only then is the team truly playing well. At least, that's what the suggestion here seems like since the team is playing decent.

When the team is on one of it's hottest runs in terms of offense, defense, and winning, why suggest breaking it back to how it was when the team was on a 1-5-1 run?

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk

Last edited:

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
4 goals in 11 games since moving to center (0.36 goals per games)
6 goals in 30 games when playing at wing (0.20 goals per games)

0.20 goals per games is about 16-17 goals a season, we can't filled that? But 0.36 goals per games is 29-30 goals pace.

Well, he does have a certain point...one more game without a goal and Galch would have gone 1 G in 10 games...3 more games and he would go 0 for 10. He has certainly cooled down in the offence department.

Not that I'm worried as I figured there would be growing pains and I'm generally prepared to live through that if it means he can come into his own later this year or next year.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Lol what the ****. How can you even come up with an argument like this and think you have a point. Taking a bad stretch of any player in the league and use it as a pace will make 100% of the players in the league look bad.

Hey look. Pat Kane from Oct. 23 to Nov. 11 has 1 goal in 11 games, that's a pace of 7 goals per season!! He's done as a hockey player!!! Now, he's on pace for 40G.

See what I did here? That's exactly what you did.

We all know Chuckie will have his ups and downs this year, thinking he would become a legit 1st center in the league the in his first 20 games in the league as a center is moronic. Taking off his hat-trick and use a bad stretch to draw any conclusion is simply stupid.

We all know Chuckie is a better winger than DD but we a thinking long term here, Galchenyuk is the future first center of the club and DD is on his way out of this club.

Maybe you still think DD is a better center, offensive center and our best option as our first center but in reality where the rest of us and management live in, he's not.

Nynja*

Hey did u know if you take all the games price let in 3 or more goals, he has a GAA of over 3? Thats disgusting, how can anyone call him elite?!?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Lol what the ****. How can you even come up with an argument like this and think you have a point. Taking a bad stretch of any player in the league and use it as a pace will make 100% of the players in the league look bad.

Hey look. Pat Kane from Oct. 23 to Nov. 11 has 1 goal in 11 games, that's a pace of 7 goals per season!! He's done as a hockey player!!! Now, he's on pace for 40G.

See what I did here? That's exactly what you did.

We all know Chuckie will have his ups and downs this year, thinking he would become a legit 1st center in the league the in his first 20 games in the league as a center is moronic. Taking off his hat-trick and use a bad stretch to draw any conclusion is simply stupid.

We all know Chuckie is a better winger than DD but we a thinking long term here, Galchenyuk is the future first center of the club and DD is on his way out of this club.

Maybe you still think DD is a better center, offensive center and our best option as our first center but in reality where the rest of us and management live in, he's not.

Chucky is a better winger than DD. Probably a better center as well and will improve over time.

The entire point I am making is that the Habs are no better than they were with DD at Center..........even after 25 bash threads.

In plain English, blaming a single player for the flaws of a TEAM is an exercise in futility and a display of fanboyism at its best.

As we sit here today, we are still lacking in offensive firepower and Bergevin will have to work some magic to find a Top 6 winger and a 3rd line winger if we are to make a Cup run.

Maybe PK will donate back $2 million from his salary to help.:sarcasm:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Chucky is a better winger than DD. Probably a better center as well and will improve over time.

The entire point I am making is that the Habs are no better than they were with DD at Center..........even after 25 bash threads.

In plain English, blaming a single player for the flaws of a TEAM is an exercise in futility and a display of fanboyism at its best.

As we sit here today, we are still lacking in offensive firepower and Bergevin will have to work some magic to find a Top 6 winger and a 3rd line winger if we are to make a Cup run.

First of all, Galchenyuk is a BETTER center, player than DD. There's no probably.

Like I said, Galchenyuk playing center does weakens our wing since Galchenyuk is a better winger than DD but it will still beneficiate us long term because the sooner Galchenyuk plays center, the better.

I don't know if DD has any value at this point, if he does, hopefully MB trade him in a package to bring us a legit top 6 winger, even as a rental. We could use DD's 3.5M to sign a winger.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Your point is that lately, Galchenyuk doesn't produce more than DD was.
The Habs are no better? 9-2-1.....i would wait considering we have a second line
who can't really back anybody up offensively lately either, which doesn't help the team either.

And as other pointed out, if the Habs are not better now....they will be comes playoff time. That's the main difference with Galchenyuk....using him at center is an investment for the future of the team.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Your point is that lately, Galchenyuk doesn't produce more than DD was.
The Habs are no better? 9-2-1.....i would wait considering we have a second line
who can't really back anybody up offensively lately either, which doesn't help the team either.

And as other pointed out, if the Habs are not better now....they will be comes playoff time. That's the main difference with Galchenyuk....using him at center is an investment for the future of the team.

Tens of threads were focused on our Center(s).

All along the issue was not our Centers but our lack of talent on wing. I said that then and the issue is still the same. Chucky isn't scoring more goals now at Center.

We did increase the post counts here though. We were behind Tampa with DD at C. We are still behind Tampa with Chucky at C.

Now what?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Tens of threads were focused on our Center(s).

All along the issue was not our Centers but our lack of talent on wing. I said that then and the issue is still the same. Chucky isn't scoring more goals now at Center.

We did increase the post counts here though. We were behind Tampa with DD at C. We are still behind Tampa with Chucky at C.

Now what?
You imply that the Habs are better than the Lightning and should be ahead. They're not better. Besides, the current point difference is slight and the Habs still have games in hand. If the Habs pull ahead in the next week (which is plausible) and we apply your type of logic, it would OK to conclude that the Habs are ahead because Chucky rather than DD is playing at C. How about thinking long term. not in micro intervals?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
You imply that the Habs are better than the Lightning and should be ahead. They're not better. Besides, the current point difference is slight and the Habs still have games in hand. If the Habs pull ahead in the next week (which is plausible) and we apply your type of logic, it would OK to conclude that the Habs are ahead because Chucky rather than DD is playing at C. How about thinking long term. not in micro intervals?

...he's a Desharnais Apologist, everything has to be Micro...:laugh:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Yeah, but all those threads indicated "hope and change" would make a drastic positive result.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Montreal is 27th in the league in hits.

Also, the pp has suck for over a year and the only thing to fix it was to bring in Gonchar...

That's a big reason I don't like this team as much as last year, as opposed to most people. I've loved the fusion of Max with Chuck and Gally but other than that it's a team that lacks guts and spit & vinegar, esp. from guys like Prust. I get a feeling like they bluntly told their roster to stop hitting. And facing a more skilled team than you like Tampa, if you're not ready to take the body to them and play with an edge, you're gonna be eaten alive.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
We need to all go to the Bell Centre when the octagon is set up and have a battle royale of DD lovers vs. haters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad