Golf: PGA, DP, and PIF agree to merge with LIV

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This whole situation seems tragic. I mean how can you blame guys like Rahm for taking like 500 mil? Tiger and McIlroy should just take the money tbh.

Tiger, really? Dude is worth > a billion dollars. He would only be tarnishing his legacy playing on that clown tour with corny ass teams and faux golf, his great grandkids are already set for life. He'd laugh in their face even if they offered him a billion more dollars.

For all the shit he gets, McIlroy has too much integrity and not greedy enough to go to LIV. Another guy set for life financially and still young and right in his prime with ample time to put himself in rarified golf air with wins that matter. LIV only gets int he way of that

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Tiger's would be forgotten/forgiven immediately after retiring. He could get like 500 million for playing 5 tournaments, LOL. Yeah if he's rich but if he wanted to like... buy the Orlando Magic, he would still have some work to do.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
On LIV you have to play all the tournaments. Tiger literally could not physically play all the tournaments.

Rory and others, some of these seem to prefer their life on the PGA Tour/Euro Tour over LIV+500M.

Not all, as Rahm shows, but enough definitely do. If you are set for life as @Filthy Dangles suggests, why go through all the inconvenience of LIV? There are so many aspects it would be a major change for. Is it worth it? For some, yes. For others, evidently that money isn't worth a probably much worse quality of life.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA

"The PGA Tour has finalized an agreement with Strategic Sports Group, a consortium of billionaire sports team owners, to infuse at least $3 billion into a new for-profit entity, PGA Tour Enterprises, sources told ESPN on Wednesday."
All of the LIV drama was much ado about nothing.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

If you read between the lines here, Rahm took the money, and he is good with that...but he hasn't fully let go of the Tour.

As time goes by, unless LIV truly has a breakthrough, these guys will eventually be forgotten in the legacy of the game. Rahm's shot at greatness will only be the Majors at this point. Cam Smith, outside of Australia, has been an after thought as of late. The LIV product is just far inferior to the PGA. No history, no legacy, no suspense. The only hope for that tour is a complete change in their business model, but even then, they are competing with history. NOTHING, they have can compare to that Players Championship. NOTHING, can compare to last year's Canadian Open. NOTHING, compares to the Waste Management. NOTHING, can compare to Riviera.

If they don't get OWGR points, eventually it will be a handful of guys with Major exemptions in LIV. And even those start to go away if they don't keep winning.

The PGA will just create more stars, with meaningful tournaments and championships. I care far more about Wyndham Clark's season after that lipout, than I do about Rahm at this point. When the major's come, I will be curious to watch Rahmbone, as he will probably be ultra competitive, but week to week, who the f cares about him.

Sad to see.

Reminds me of the late 90's, when a bunch of Superstars left WWF for WCW. The superior product ultimately won out.

Reactions: Neil Racki and TB12

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

If you read between the lines here, Rahm took the money, and he is good with that...but he hasn't fully let go of the Tour.

As time goes by, unless LIV truly has a breakthrough, these guys will eventually be forgotten in the legacy of the game. Rahm's shot at greatness will only be the Majors at this point. Cam Smith, outside of Australia, has been an after thought as of late. The LIV product is just far inferior to the PGA. No history, no legacy, no suspense. The only hope for that tour is a complete change in their business model, but even then, they are competing with history. NOTHING, they have can compare to that Players Championship. NOTHING, can compare to last year's Canadian Open. NOTHING, compares to the Waste Management. NOTHING, can compare to Riviera.

If they don't get OWGR points, eventually it will be a handful of guys with Major exemptions in LIV. And even those start to go away if they don't keep winning.

The PGA will just create more stars, with meaningful tournaments and championships. I care far more about Wyndham Clark's season after that lipout, than I do about Rahm at this point. When the major's come, I will be curious to watch Rahmbone, as he will probably be ultra competitive, but week to week, who the f cares about him.
That article is hilarious. Dethier is a simp and Rahm is a huge baby. Well, well, well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions.

Get f***ed Rhambo.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
That article is hilarious. Dethier is a simp and Rahm is a huge baby. Well, well, well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions.

Get f***ed Rhambo.
Honestly, Rahm is one of my favorite players. It is sad to see, from a fan's perspective, that he is lessoning his chance at greatness. He truly will have to perform in the majors for anyone to give a damn about him. He will be forgotten in short order if he doesn't perform in the 4 opportunities most fans have to watch him. His greatness will never truly be realized.

I don't feel sorry for him. He made a choice, and I am sure is happy with that 500 million.

Reactions: Neil Racki and TB12

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Get f***ed Rhambo.

It sounds like you didn't read the article or listen to the interview.

He isn't pandering to be allowed back to play in PGA tour events. He conceded that he made his choice and understands he can't play in those events for at least the foreseeable future.

He sounded pretty sincere to me in simply missing the excitement and competition of those events and the beauty of some of those courses...(Players and Genesis)

Honestly, Rahm is one of my favorite players. It is sad to see, from a fan's perspective, that he is lessoning his chance at greatness. He truly will have to perform in the majors for anyone to give a damn about him. He will be forgotten in short order if he doesn't perform in the 4 opportunities most fans have to watch him. His greatness will never truly be realized.

I don't feel sorry for him. He made a choice, and I am sure is happy with that 500 million.

A little overdramatic, LIV will not exist in a few years. These guys will be playing together again in the somewhat near future (1-3 years) imo.

But there does need to be a penalty for guys who defected and reward for ones who stayed. The Player Equity fund of the new PGA Tour entity should hopefully help with this.

Like you said, he knows what he did, he could be winning a bunch of big PGA Tour events right now but he opted for the money. Who knows how that will impact his legacy in terms of wins when you look back on his career down the road

Last edited:

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

Agreed about Rahm, as he was one of my favourites as well. So was Koepka. Sucks that the divide in golf is so great and we only see them all competing together 4 times a year.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
A little overdramatic, LIV will not exist in a few years. These guys will be playing together again in the somewhat near future (1-3 years) imo.

But there does need to be a penalty for guys who defected and reward for ones who stayed. The Player Equity fund of the new PGA Tour entity should hopefully help with this.

Like you said, he knows what he did, he could be winning a bunch of big PGA Tour events right now but he opted for the money. Who knows how that will impact his legacy in terms of wins when you look back on his career down the road

If he does know what he did, he wouldn't be making statements about the unfairness of the World Golf Ranking and presuming that anyone should give one iota of shit about his feelings.

He took the easy money. He should just shut the f*** up and play circus golf in his shorts.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
DeChambeau said. "It's great to have the majors where we come together, but we want to be competing -- at least I want to be competing -- every week with all of the best players in the world."

^^ DeChambeau now

“And also give me more time to rest — the ability to have weeks off and recover my body the way I want to so that I can be prepared to give it my all when it comes time. Not be depleted every week and continue to get depleted over the course of time.

“And the last part is, I saw that event in London and I saw how much fun everyone was having. That was exciting to me, and I wanted to be a part of something like that.”

DeChambeau also defended Saudi Arabia and its human rights record, maintainng the nation can be a “force for good” while hoping that “people will see the good that they’re doing”.

^^ DeChambeau in 2022

---------------

Go enjoy your blood money and f*** off

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad