Peyton Manning PED allegations

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
well when the pharmacist denies and recants, its a non american news source and the undercover reporter owes 6 million dollars to creditors, and should be in jail for fraud (different laws in uk) there is a lot of doubt on the credibilty

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
the attorney for ryan zimmerman and ryan howard (mlb players) and rodney harrison (nfl) who were all named and all have themselves said they will through their attorneys in report are already saying they will sue, along with peyton saying he probably will.

dont think all of these players would risk a backlash that fast if they werent 100 percent sure

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
from the espn article
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ks-peyton-manning-other-pro-athletes-use-peds

Dr. Dale Guyer released a statement Sunday, emphasizing that Sly "was never an employee of the Guyer Institute."

"I have no reason to believe these allegations are based in fact or have any truth," Guyer said. "In fact, I can say with absolute certainty they are not. I find it extremely disturbing that the source of Al Jazeera's story, a former unpaid intern named Charles Sly, would violate the privacy of Mrs. Manning's medical records and be so callous and destructive as to purposely fabricate and spread stories that are simply not true.

"I would emphasize that Mr. Sly was never an employee of the Guyer Institute and his brief three-month internship occurred in 2013 during which time Peyton was not even being treated or present in the office. I think it is obvious that Mr. Sly has fabricated this whole thing for reasons I cannot fathom. I am proud to have treated Peyton and helped him through his rehabilitation. Mr. Manning is one of the most honorable and upstanding individuals I have had the pleasure of knowing."

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
the attorney for ryan zimmerman and ryan howard (mlb players) and rodney harrison (nfl) who were all named and all have themselves said they will through their attorneys in report are already saying they will sue, along with peyton saying he probably will.

dont think all of these players would risk a backlash that fast if they werent 100 percent sure

Rodney Harrison surprises me because didn't he already fail a drug test and serve a suspension during the Pats 16-0 season?

Edit: He didn't fail a test but he was caught purchasing HGH and was suspended after admitting he used it.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the report is extremely sketchy but the one thing that tells me it might actually be legit is that you see a guy like taylor teagarden, a career backup and journeyman catcher pop up on it.

manning, howard, and harrison are all very well known guys obviously even zimmerman i'd say is pretty well known too but why would a guy like teagarden show up if this were all false? not saying i believe it 100% but just something to think about

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
the report is extremely sketchy but the one thing that tells me it might actually be legit is that you see a guy like taylor teagarden, a career backup and journeyman catcher pop up on it.

manning, howard, and harrison are all very well known guys obviously even zimmerman i'd say is pretty well known too but why would a guy like teagarden show up if this were all false? not saying i believe it 100% but just something to think about

Teagarden wasn't name dropped like the others, he was openly discussing himself that he took PEDs.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm very angry and pissed off that someone would have the nerve to defame and libel Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning is a class act and someone who wants to suggest he takes HGH is absolutely, absolutely ridiculous. For someone who has worked so hard to get where he is at, the mere accusation of him taking HGH to heal faster is absolutely ****ing garbage.

I saw his interview on Sunday NFL Countdown and I was mad too I was like why would you defame this MAN

The guy making the accusations even said he was making it up. So leave the man alone.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I thought sketchy sources and fabricated reports were enough to suspend players for 4 games :sarcasm:

I am also in the Manning-is-most-likely-innocent club and even if he DID use HGH during his recovery, I cannot blame him. It isn't as if he was a career-long user.

Sep 19, 2008
I think what's most disturbing is that medical data was leaked and Manning took umbrage at the "investigative journalism" digging into his wife's medical history. He says in the interview that they dragged her into it and that's just not right.

If all this is proven to be fallacy expect a huge lawsuit coming. Medical privacy was breached. That's not fair whether you're a celebrity or some normal Joe

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rodney Harrison surprises me because didn't he already fail a drug test and serve a suspension during the Pats 16-0 season?

Edit: He didn't fail a test but he was caught purchasing HGH and was suspended after admitting he used it.

This time it's James, not Rodney

Why would Peyton wait and see the doc before coming to a decision to sue? If you know you did nothing why wait at all? If you know you did nothing what is there to worry about? Just doesn't seem like a good PR move, especially considering a couple of the baseball players sounded like they are moving forward with lawsuits. You'd expect more from Ari Fleischer.

The thing that drives me crazy about this entire thing is how Sunday morning countdown and fans across the country are treating it. "If Peyton says he didn't do it he didn't do it" and "Al Jazeera is not a credible network". So laughable when you consider the events of 10 months ago.

I don't really give a rats ass either way if Peyton did it or not, to me the story is about the double standard. And yes, its very real. I don't think Peyton is tarnished, I don't think he should be suspended, but it's nauseating the levels to which people will go to justify or defend him when the same exact people wanted Brady's head.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think what's most disturbing is that medical data was leaked and Manning took umbrage at the "investigative journalism" digging into his wife's medical history. He says in the interview that they dragged her into it and that's just not right.

If all this is proven to be fallacy expect a huge lawsuit coming. Medical privacy was breached. That's not fair whether you're a celebrity or some normal Joe

Before yesterday, how many people here knew Peyton Manning's wife's name without looking it up?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wonder if Wilbon thinks the Broncos should be banned from the playoffs this year? I wonder if Kravitz thinks that Kubiak should be fired?

This is about #integrity, guys. #integrity

#INTEGRITY

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
If this was Brady or Pats related it would be blown up. Its not such much about Manning taking or not taking HGH, but the hypocrisy and lack of objectivity with the "reporters" at ESPN.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
But since it's about Manning a spurious accusation became yet another excuse for Pats fans to indulge in their persecution complex.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
If Ashley Manning has a text message on her phone referring to herself as "The Pharmacist", maybe I'd care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad