NFL: Peyton Manning announces retirement. Press Conference on Monday.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
He got his second ring. He's somehow survived without his head falling off. He owns just about every Papa John's in the state of Colorado.

Yeah, now's a good time to retire. Got a boost to his championship reputation (people will most remember the # of rings, not that he was a passenger for his second ring), he doesn't appear to be crippled, and he's got an even bigger financial security net set for life.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He got his second ring. He's somehow survived without his head falling off. He owns just about every Papa John's in the state of Colorado.

Yeah, now's a good time to retire. Got a boost to his championship reputation (people will most remember the # of rings, not that he was a passenger for his second ring), he doesn't appear to be crippled, and he's got an even bigger financial security net set for life.

Nobody can ever take away piranha's brilliance for investing in all of those Colorado Papa Johns stores before marijuana legalization. Business acumen 10/10

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
http://www.panthers.com/news/articl...-Manning/6b0da1aa-7c7a-44d8-bd1a-65b530dbd540

I am grateful to have shared the field in your LAST game but most importantly I am grateful to have mimicked a style you created to bring out the best in MË! And that style is/was mastering the art of: PREPARAT1ØN. You have changed this game in ways you will never no and I admire the man you are on and off the field. You set the bar H1GH....extremelyH1GH and knowing your family, I know that's just the norm. I came into this league gagging and still gagging my talents to this day off of the things that YOÜ have done and accomplished; because you are and you will FOREVER be the STANDARD! So long SHER1FF! #omahaOMAHA #1STpickGÄNG #iWmW -1OVE

Intentional?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, Cam has always been open about his respect for Peyton. He practically couldn't stop gushing ever since the very end of the NFCCG when Chris Meyers told him he was facing the Broncos in the SB.

But he types like he's 14.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Nobody can ever take away piranha's brilliance for investing in all of those Colorado Papa Johns stores before marijuana legalization. Business acumen 10/10

Whats even better is he openly admitted the legalization of weed was the reason he did so. :handclap:

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
The thing with rings, and I have said that quite often, is that 4 or 5 plays, TOTAL (over 16 years), go differently and Brady has 6... or 0.

- Tuck rule
- Tyree play
- Manningham's catch
- Welker dropping a pass
- Butler's interception

Those five plays go differently and we are talking about a very different narrative. Brady was directly responsible for ONLY ONE of those plays and, even then, the RULE BOOK made the difference there, not him.

So, yeah, rings, especially when so few plays can make the count go from anywhere from 6 to 0, aren't the and-all, be-all of QBing.

You forgot the Ksay kicking off out of bounds to basically hand over Super Bowl XXXVIII. One of the biggest big game chokes I've ever seen.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Whats even better is he openly admitted the legalization of weed was the reason he did so. :handclap:

Beautiful hahaha

Deangelo Williams took a little jab at him today, he's been very....vocal...this offseason. Probably just mad about losing to them.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He's on the retired list, so I'd say that's that. He also said, when asked if he was retiring as a Colt or Bronco, that he was retiring as a player from UT who played for the Colts and Broncos. He'll be honored by the Colts on the 18th in some capacity.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I was glad to hear Joe Ellis basically confirm that Peyton Manning will be enshrined in the Broncos Ring of Fame today as well.

I know he was only here 4 years, but arguably, his three best statistical seasons came in a Broncos uniform; he led the team to its most productive 4 year stretch in the franchise's history, completely revamped the culture of the organization from its practice and studying habits to the day to day operations, was the primary recruiting tool in bringing players in from free agency, elevated this franchise into the national conversation as a perennial Super Bowl contender, led it to two Super Bowl appearances in 4 years rejuvenating a franchise after the McDaniel year and then a fluke Tebowmania miracle run, had the most prolific QB'ing season in National Football League history and was a massive philanthropic force in the community among other things. All of this coming off an injury that would have ended anybody else's career. Truly amazing. Obviously 4 years can't compete with 14 but for the 2nd act of Peyton's career to be what it was and to be able to say that he'll be remembered as a Bronco as well as a Colt is a testament to what he was able to accomplish in that time frame.

There's a vocal minority of Broncos fans on a couple of the Broncos boards I'm on that think that the above accolades don't necessitate that honor and still view Peyton Manning as nothing more than a rental who won't be remembered for his time in Denver which simply doesn't correlate for me. Granted it is a tiny portion of the fan base, but the sentiment does exist.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I was glad to hear Joe Ellis basically confirm that Peyton Manning will be enshrined in the Broncos Ring of Fame today as well.

I know he was only here 4 years, but arguably, his three best statistical seasons came in a Broncos uniform; he led the team to its most productive 4 year stretch in the franchise's history, completely revamped the culture of the organization from its practice and studying habits to the day to day operations, was the primary recruiting tool in bringing players in from free agency, elevated this franchise into the national conversation as a perennial Super Bowl contender, led it to two Super Bowl appearances in 4 years rejuvenating a franchise after the McDaniel year and then a fluke Tebowmania miracle run, had the most prolific QB'ing season in National Football League history and was a massive philanthropic force in the community among other things. All of this coming off an injury that would have ended anybody else's career. Truly amazing. Obviously 4 years can't compete with 14 but for the 2nd act of Peyton's career to be what it was and to be able to say that he'll be remembered as a Bronco as well as a Colt is a testament to what he was able to accomplish in that time frame.

There's a vocal minority of Broncos fans on a couple of the Broncos boards I'm on that think that the above accolades don't necessitate that honor and still view Peyton Manning as nothing more than a rental who won't be remembered for his time in Denver which simply doesn't correlate for me. Granted it is a tiny portion of the fan base, but the sentiment does exist.

I say put him in...but if they can wait until after the Colts do their thing, that'd be best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad