NFL: Peyton Manning announces retirement. Press Conference on Monday.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Was starting to get a little bit worried that he may try and give it another go with a new team.

Thank you for everything, Peyton. You've inspired a generation & have been a consummate professional in everything you've ever done. Helped my Broncos to our 1st Super Bowl in 18 yrs and the most dominant 4 yr stretch in our franchise's history. Changed the way the game was played and redefined playing QB in the National Football League. Don't think there'll ever be another guy who plays the game quite like you.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000641561/article/broncos-quarterback-peyton-manning-to-retire

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Was starting to get a little bit worried that he may try and give it another go with a new team.

Thank you for everything, Peyton. You've inspired a generation & have been a consummate professional in everything you've ever done. Helped my Broncos to our 1st Super Bowl in 18 yrs and the most dominant 4 yr stretch in our franchise's history. Changed the way the game was played and redefined playing QB in the National Football League. Don't think there'll ever be another guy who plays the game quite like you.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000641561/article/broncos-quarterback-peyton-manning-to-retire

Beautifully stated Ser Woof.

Let the haterz keep on hatin'.....won't change a thing about his place in history.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Going to start this over, except we're going to stay on-topic.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I've been a Manning fan since he stepped into the NFL. Congrats on a spectacular career, you deserve it.

Farewell sheriff

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So whos on Mt Rushmore?

Brady, Manning, Rice, Montana ?

Anyhow, I was never the biggest fan of him but was fortunate enough to watch his entire career. i have two huge Colts fan relatives so I've gotten the full homer experience from them. What he did for charity and all that was great, and he is the "perfect mould" you'd want for your star player or any athlete really. Plays up to & above standards, doesn't get into trouble on or off the field, and does good charity work.

Keep busy, and one more time.... Brady is still better ;)

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Next stop Canton.

Hell of a player. I enjoyed watching him play.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Congrats Peyton, hell of a career. Next stop Canton. Then what? Broadcast booth? Fox/NBC/CBS studios?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He had an amazing career. One of the best to ever do it.

Nice to see him go out with another ring.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Ehh, idk the Terrell Davis era was pretty damn amazing.

Congrats Peyton, hell of a career. Next stop Canton. Then what? Broadcast booth? Fox/NBC/CBS studios?
Maybe he'll try to break into commercials

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Fully expect Peyton to go into the front office and become part owner of a franchise sooner rather than later. Selfishly, I'd love to see him as an analyst as his analytical mind, humor and candor are a pleasure to listen to. Peyton as a coach would also be fascinating and I bet he'd make an amazing one, but I don't think it appeals to him at all.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Fully expect Peyton to go into the front office and become part owner of a franchise sooner rather than later. Selfishly, I'd love to see him as an analyst as his analytical mind, humor and candor are a pleasure to listen to. Peyton as a coach would also be fascinating and I bet he'd make an amazing one, but I don't think it appeals to him at all.

I don't see Peyton as a very good coach. It's hard for great players to transition to that.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I don't see Peyton as a very good coach. It's hard for great players to transition to that.

Yeah, I can't completely disagree... plus Peyton is such a control freak, coaching is a proposition that doesn't seem to marry well on the surface. The fact that he's excelled at everything else he's ever done leads to me believe he could find a way to make it work though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know as a QB coach, but he sure as hell has experience telling WRs and linemen what to do.

The highest he'd get is offensive coordinator. Which is loving the game on a whole new level.

His aims are higher, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad