Pettersson vs Dahlin going forward

Who'll be better?

• Total voters

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Dahlin. Don’t understand why Pettersson is winning this, especially considering Dahlin is currently beating Matthews in a poll.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Dahlin. Don’t understand why Pettersson is winning this, especially considering Dahlin is currently beating Matthews in a poll.
Matthews is winning that poll, he has over 100 votes and Dahlin has less than 100.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Matthews is winning that poll, he has over 100 votes and Dahlin has less than 100.
Not among “neutral” voters. Unfair to compare the total results when there are far more leafs fans then sabres fans. 53/55 Toronto fans voted for Matthews and only 13/18 buffalo fans voted for Dahlin.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I would bank on Dahlin being the better player but I value elite centers more, so would take Pettersson

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Not among “neutral” voters. Unfair to compare the total results when there are far more leafs fans then sabres fans. 53/55 Toronto fans voted for Matthews and only 13/18 buffalo fans voted for Dahlin.
Meh, anyone can vote in any of those options so not really a good merit to go on. I just count up all the votes and use that as a more accurate depiction.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
It might have something to do with the fact that Pettersson was the best u-20 player in Swedish history and is currently scoring at a 90+ point pace as a rookie with the muscle structure of a 12 year old boy. He's on pace for arguably the most impressive rookie season since Ovechkin/Crosby and he's still got some growing to do.

The only reason this wouldn't be close is if you're ranking them based on draft bias.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Dahlin 100%. Pettersson's gonna have a rough January and his recent polls will look hilarious. He's nowhere near as good as HFBoards makes him out to be.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Dahlin has a better chance winning the norris then pettersson does winning the hart/ross/rocket in their WHOLE CAREER , yeah im saying it

Reactions: MC2D

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Sweden will have a top 3 in the world C and D for the next decade plus.

Actually you might be right since I don't expect Hedman to decline anytime soon, not sure about Dahlin though looked sketchy here in Sweden at times- Pettersson on the other hand I project atleast on par with Alfredsson but with the caveat he could challenge Forsberg for greatest Swedish forward of all time, yes he was that impressive here- Obviously can't say how that will translate to the NHL over a career but I have high expectations.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I think Dahlin is playing a safe game for the most part. Being an eighteen year old NHL defenceman is probably one of the hardest things to do. In the next year or two, people are really going to see what he's made of.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Dahlin's been good and has a lot more to give, but imo defensemen are inherently harder to project than forwards. Does a 0.5 ppg rookie start approaching ppg next year? 3 years from now? 5? Never? Does he become elite defensively? Only time can tell. Perrersson already looks like a star center and has plenty of room to improve with some of the young forward talent VAN has, so I'd take him right now. Dahlin might be better in the future, but I'd say its less clear how he'll get to that star-impact level that Pettersson is already at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad