Confirmed with Link: Pettersson Signs 8 Year Deal with the Vancouver Canucks, AAV $11.6M

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Yall hated on me for dare talking bad about this princess where u all at now

Guys a bum
I’ll never understand this mentality. Almost willing our best forward to under-perform, just so you can say “I was right”? It’s weird, weird behaviour.

Petey’s short term performance concerns me, but it’s been one game. And he’s certainly not a bum for Christ’s sake.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
I’ll never understand this mentality. Almost willing our best forward to under-perform, just so you can say “I was right”? It’s weird, weird behaviour.

Petey’s short term performance concerns me, but it’s been one game. And he’s certainly not a bum for Christ’s sake.

lol what??

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006

My boy hes been playing like shit all year despite getting a bunch of points eary on

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I don't know what the heck is up with him. I just pray that he snaps out of it.

Wishing the best for him tonight. Let's go Petey let's get some goals.

Reactions: TruKnyte

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
He's really strapped at wing. On one side, he's got a fourth-liner most of the time, and though Hoglander had a good year he's only got 12 assists on the season and has somewhat trailed off with 3 points in his last 10 regular season games.

I think he looked his best recently when briefly played with Garland during Joshua's injury. Need to actually find someone for him to play with, or he's obviously going to struggle dragging his wings around.

Hoglander is fine as a complimentary and will hopefully get better, but really need to find someone to anchor Pettersson's wing.

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
I do think that Petey would return to looking like a top player in the league if he had better wingers, players like Lafferty, Mikheyev, and I hate to say it but probably even Hoglander, are better utilized in Bottom 6 roles and they're usually what he has to play with. Petey has the skill and motivation to be that top player but he isn't a McDavid or Mackinnon level talent who can just turn any line into a superstar line. Even one legitimate Top-6 winger who has the playmaking smarts to setup Petey would go a long way.

Reactions: TruKnyte

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
eventually the canucks will unearth a winger worthy of playing with pettersson and this forum will change it's tune. it's borderline miraculous he's put up 46 5v5 points playing mostly with mikheyev and hoglander

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
eventually the canucks will unearth a winger worthy of playing with pettersson and this forum will change it's tune. it's borderline miraculous he's put up 46 5v5 points playing mostly with mikheyev and hoglander
That's really not a good excuse for his play.

Last season he was buzzing around and looking dangerous every time he had the puck, regardless who was on his wing. You can tell something has changed that is a lot more than just weaker wingers. He played with a confidence, a speed, a ruthlessness that we're not seeing this season.

Blaming his play on anything other than himself is making an excuse where one doesn't need to be made. He has to be better, regardless of who he's playing with.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Blaming his play on anything other than himself is making an excuse where one doesn't need to be made. He has to be better, regardless of who he's playing with.

i dunno. he's always had terrible body language but it's only when his production dips that people call it out. i think he's playing well he's just trying to do too much and has no support from his linemates. as much as i like hoglander he just isn't a top 6 winger and mikheyev brings nothing to the table except for speed. if we got an extended look at pettersson between miller and boeser i think all the criticism dries up

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
56 ES points but yeah.

17th best ES point total in the league among all players.

Playing the worst wingers in our top 9 let alone compared to anyone in the same stratosphere of ES scoring. Mackinnon gets Rantanen, Matthews gets Marner, Pettersson gets 4th liners (sry Hog that's what it is right now though)

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
well here's his moment.. Demko is injured and we need our best players to step up. Pettersson has to be a force out there tonight.

Reactions: arttk

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
Pettersson is being set up to fail with the linemates he has. Can you even think of another example of a 100pt playmaking center playing with bottom 6 linemates? There is certainly nobody in the league near Pettersson's talent who plays with worse linemates. I remember people trying to claim Pastrnak does, but then I watch Boston vs the Leafs the other night and Zacha makes an absolutely genius pass to set up Pasta for a goal. Quite the contrast from Pettersson, when on a 3 on 1 Lafferty has Pettersson and Myers wide open and passes to Myers??? Low hockey IQ crap like that kills production.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
The thing is hes not even invisible. Hes like losing the team the game.

You cant tell me that missed empty net plus giveaway on the 3-1 goal didnt deflate the entire team x10000000000000.

Reactions: B-rock

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
This was possibly Peteys worse game. When Demko went down i thought Petey needed to step it up. He did the complete opposite.

Reactions: B-rock

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
56 ES points but yeah.

17th best ES point total in the league among all players.

Playing the worst wingers in our top 9 let alone compared to anyone in the same stratosphere of ES scoring. Mackinnon gets Rantanen, Matthews gets Marner, Pettersson gets 4th liners (sry Hog that's what it is right now though)

You've got it. Scapegoating this player while ignoring how the team is built around him makes that criticism fall flat. He hasn't resolved the issue of a low shot, middling conversion team all by himself... Well that's a surprise!

Hoglander has been MIA and Mikheyev is utter trash. The PP as a whole is poor. No wonder he isn't lighting it up.

The only option left now is for him to do it all by himself. He may, but that's one hell of an ask given what his contemporaries have to work with...

Reactions: supercanuck

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
You've got it. Scapegoating this player while ignoring how the team is built around him makes that criticism fall flat. He hasn't resolved the issue of a low shot, middling conversion team all by himself... Well that's a surprise!

Hoglander has been MIA and Mikheyev is utter trash. The PP as a whole is poor. No wonder he isn't lighting it up.

The only option left now is for him to do it all by himself. He may, but that's one hell of an ask given what his contemporaries have to work with...

or you know.. hit an empty net and not turn the puck over. Get decent looks on the PP. You know, things that are IN his control.

Reactions: B-rock and Jay26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad