Friedman: Pettersson says he’ll only re-sign if Canucks have successful season

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
I think Canadian teams fans/media are the problem. We can't help ourselves because we live, breath, and talk hockey. What we do with pressure only complicates the situation because it creates less patience, not more. The most important thing is patience and it appears that no Canadian team has had it for a while now.... how many times are we rebuilding since the last cup to Canada in 93? I lost count.

I've seen something before where we recycle our Coaches and GM's more frequently than US teams. Do you think that is a factor?
If the coach or GM has less say in their job compared to the people they are competing against, does it really matter how often you swap them out? I think it's not a factor because we keep circling back to the issue. A fish rots from the head down.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Hronek making $9mm per? Yikes.
You definitely lost the trade badly if your GM had given him that much to extend this summer.

He’s a RFA next summer with just one year to UFA. No platform to extend him this this summer due to the timing and injury. So now you’ll need to negotiate when he’s already out of contract and has arbitration rights right into UFA the following year.

Yeah. That’s risky.

You’re not convincing. He’s definitely not worthy of a $9mm AAV. You didn’t trade for Makar or even Werenski. Hronek is a lower level talent by a few tiers. He’s ideally suited for middle pair duties. Trading away two high picks from an excellent draft is a high price to pay considering he’s not locked up long term and Vancouver will probably need to overpay him given the leverage his agent has.

Risky trade. And one that robbed your farm system of what little it could have had.

Are you better? I suppose. A playoff team? Probably not. It’s a win a little more now, less in the future type deal.

On trend type deal you’d expect from a bad front office and poorly run organization like the Canucks.
Dude you aren’t even a fan of Vancouver but 80 % of your crappy posts revolve around the Canucks. You are obsessed.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If the Canucks have to do well this season, which I assume minimally means they will contend for a playoff spot, I think the odds are in favor of Pettersson playing for someone else next season. Pettersson isn't making it easy for the team... but I don't blame him. Since donning a Canuck jersey in 2018 the Canucks have posted a 272-299 Win-Loss record and have finished no higher than 17th in league standings. Pettersson is obviously sick and tired of losing.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
He’s already blocked on mine and I don’t even know who you are talking about but it’s not just the Canucks…
An Irish Star Wars fan who spams Canucks threads.

It feels like maybe once a given poster has enough people officially ignoring them, maybe there should be some broader consequences. But I suspect if that feature existed it might end up abused. Anyhow, the ignore feature IS nice.

Reactions: Connor McConnor

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Is this a... counterpoint or something?
No it's a comment on how you don't seem to have a clue what your talking about.

Media sucks up here, I won't say they don't but to say they are the biggest detriment to players signng up here and have damaged hockey teams in Canada more than some of these owners is absoluetly ludicrous.

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I said a pretty clear point - do you need to read it again to process it?
No I just think your wrong, the media didn't turn the Canucks into a shitshow, the owner did, the media doesn't help, but to say they are worse then the owner is pretty dumb.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Elias will put up 100pts next season. Kuzmenko will score 40+ goals. The team success depends on how well the other core pieces perform.

A very good chance they make the playoffs next year if JT Miller plays like 2021-22 Miller and Demko plays like 2021-22 Demko.

Boeser also needs to rebound but so far Kuzmenko has stolen the spotlight as the teams best sniper. I also think they should move Garland for defensive help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad