Friedman: Pettersson says he’ll only re-sign if Canucks have successful season

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Pressure is on for Vancouver.

Interesting team I think.

Good forwards including a couple star guys. Defense is a mixed bag. Hughes is coming into his own. I'll be honest, I dont know much about Hronek. Soucy and Cole should help. Demko was arguably the best goalie in the pacific two years ago but had his struggles last year.

Could finish anywhere from #3-6 I think. Central isnt that great either. I wouldnt be surprised if both wildcards are from the Pacific.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Good on him to keep the pressure on Alvin and Rutherford. The franchise has been coasting along for far too long.

Reactions: bh53

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
in-other-words-pretty-much-saying-that.gif

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Teams who have the assets and cap to trade for Pettersson

-Habs
-Coyotes
-Kraken
-Blackhawks
-Preds
-Flyers
-Sabres

Maybe
-Wings
-Blues

If he wants to be in the playoffs quickly it would be

-Kraken
-Sabres
-Wings

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Well I guess rebuilds over or they trade him .

I don't think their owner ever let's them rebuild properly anyways so it doesn't really matter that much

Reactions: Grantham and Fatass

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s very obvious Pettersson hates his time in Vancouver. The body language on ice speaks for itself. To me, this news isn’t surprising. I always viewed him as having one foot out the door. Losing isn’t fun though, so maybe a winning season changes this.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
The assets the canucks would get back from a trade would probably make it more of a retool.
Yeah they would trade for some mix of inferior players and ready to play prospects is what I'd assume but idk.

They could have a good season most of the parts are there for a good team

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yeah they would trade for some mix of inferior players and ready to play prospects is what I'd assume but idk.

They could have a good season most of the parts are there for a good team
The Canucks Wing depth is pretty Sus but other then that they have the makings of a pretty good team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad