Pettersson First NHL Goal

member 105785

I know lots of players have scored in their first two NHL games, but Pettersson scored on all three of his first three shots in the NHL. Has that been done before?

theres a really weird list of players who had 5p through first 2 games. Bratt, Vrbata, Seabrooke and Daigle were the others.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
I know lots of players have scored in their first two NHL games, but Pettersson scored on all three of his first three shots in the NHL. Has that been done before?
Jan Caloun scored on his first 4 NHL shots. He played 11 NHL games that season and scored 8 goals.

He played a total of 2 more NHL games with the Sharks.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo

Bratt did it a year ago. Matthews 2 years ago.

Incidentally:

Bratt had a goal and a assist in his first game and 2 goals and a assist in his second game, just like EP.

(Notable players who achieved it Caloun in 1995 with 4 goals in 4 shots and 8 career goals, Kalus in 2007 who only scored once more in his NHL career and then went to the KHL where never notched a single goal)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dialamo

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I have said it once and I'll say it many more times including now, but Pettersson is bound to be one of the top five centres in the NHL. I think next season he becomes the Canucks captain and youngest since Trevor Linden.

It's hard to find the perfect comparison to him, he's his own player and has his own style that not only do I like a lot, but I've never seen before.

It's like the NHL is nothing for him, I just think all he has to work on is the physicality and a little bit of work on the mental game, but I think by all-star break he'll have it all figured out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chairman Maouth

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
I have said it once and I'll say it many more times including now, but Pettersson is bound to be one of the top five centres in the NHL. I think next season he becomes the Canucks captain and youngest since Trevor Linden.

It's hard to find the perfect comparison to him, he's his own player and has his own style that not only do I like a lot, but I've never seen before.

It's like the NHL is nothing for him, I just think all he has to work on is the physicality and a little bit of work on the mental game, but I think by all-star break he'll have it all figured out.
lol

I'm trying to contribute, but it's posts like this that's stops me because it's so ridiculous, I can't help but laugh.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
I recall it basically being a toss up, either way, Benning saying "We are proud to select, from the London Knights" shouldn't have been followed by "Olli Juolevi"
Didn't really matter, our D had litterally zero prospects coming up, our D looked like complete and utter trash for the future (and current) so taking OJ was needed. Now you can argue we could have taken Serg, etc. but before we got Hughes this past draft our future would have still been trash with Thakuck because we wouldn't have been able to defend if our life depended on it.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
#1 player in that draft. NJ and Philly blew it.
And to think that even Brian Burke on the weekend said "we liked him, we just didn't like how small he was" and I am just thinking to myself... buddy he's 17 being drafted, he will fill out but you don't pass up elite skill....

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Jan Caloun scored on his first 4 NHL shots. He played 11 NHL games that season and scored 8 goals.

He played a total of 2 more NHL games with the Sharks.

Thanks for bringing this up. That was a weird short stint in the North America. He also put up 86 pts in 66 games next year in the AHL. Looks like he could have a fairly successful NHL career.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
And Matheson just drove his head into the boards from behind after EP dangled him.

EP leaves the game looking woozy and concussed. Great.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Elias hurt, oh god.

There absolutely has to be some sort of retaliation by the Canucks, we can’t let shit like this happen, I can care less that it’s 3-2.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Elias hurt, oh god.

There absolutely has to be some sort of retaliation by the Canucks, we can’t let **** like this happen, I can care less that it’s 3-2.

Yeesh, that's pretty much a slewfoot with him throwing Pettersson head first into the ice. That's dirty.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
that should be a lengthy suspension

mediocre defenseman injuring young superstars is very, very bad for the league. pettersson is someone i go out of my way to watch play. michael bumf*** matheson is not.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad