Petter Granberg

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
I think he's a little less "flashy" than Bitetto...he doesn't make the big hits and there's no offense in his game, but I think he's a safer, steadier player overall. I don't really know if either should be in the lineup fulltime, but one or the other at any given time won't hurt you.

As for Granberg himself...like I said, just plays a calm, steady game. Has his "oops" moments, but overall has been a good add for a waiver pickup.

Sounds like a Klein type player. Which is great. Our d corps is about as diverse as it can get. Admittingly, I haven't got to watch many games this season due to being out of state . So i havent gotten to truly analyze the rotating dmen this year myself.

But from what I have seen I really like the depth of the defense. Like you said about granberg is how I feel about our rotating bottom pair dmen. Nothing flashy, just solid, which is all you can ask for when you have the preds top 4

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Jackman is a serviceable anchor on the bottom d pair and Bitteto has shown improvement and an actual ability to move the puck. Don't know many other better bottom pairings that you don't "take" a risk on. If there was no risk, they'd be higher on the depth chart. We will be fine with the depth on defense we have and I think keeping Ekholm and Ellis together for traditional minutes as our 2nd pairing is the best plan

They won't be on the ice in crucial moments anyways.

I don't think there would be any movement in the top 4 unless there is injury for the next few years. Jackman does have an expiration date, no idea if it is next year or not but adding another rfa for that 3rd pair and keep tater the 7th guy would be Poiles safest move. The chance of Jackman regresses or misses significant time to injury increases each year. And to only have the option of running Granberg and Tater is not something Poile will do.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think the contract Uncle Tone received is an indicator that we plan on using him as more than a number 7 d-man as long as he's healthy.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I think the contract Uncle Tone received is an indicator that we plan on using him as more than a number 7 d-man as long as he's healthy.

That plus the team will need to save money somewhere to allow for Forsberg, Neal, and Johansen.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I don't think there would be any movement in the top 4 unless there is injury for the next few years. Jackman does have an expiration date, no idea if it is next year or not but adding another rfa for that 3rd pair and keep tater the 7th guy would be Poiles safest move. The chance of Jackman regresses or misses significant time to injury increases each year. And to only have the option of running Granberg and Tater is not something Poile will do.

I agree. Jackman could deteriorate at some point next year, and could have been a reason why he was scratched at time late this season. Adding a tweener guy the can be the go to guy in the AHL and first call up for us would be great

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: