Petter Granberg

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
No, knowing this organization they'll give him like 5-6 games playing >10mins while a deteriating 38 year old Dan Boyle will play 25mins a game.
I forgot Morgan Rielly, and Ashton , didn't crack the team last year or that the Leafs sent down Kadri ,Kulemin , Gunnarsson , or Reimer when they had a chance to do so over the years

It's funny, the Leafs gave Holzer a lot of games yet no one moans about his chances but only made excuses to which I did as well but its not like they haven't given chances

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The guy played on the top pairing for Sweden winning gold ..he is a great defencemen and anyone who watched him play knows it. He stopped a 4 on 1 his only NHL game and was the best defensemen on the ice that whole game.

Anyone see him cracking the Leafs roster next season?

Maybe he can be the new Gunnarsson...

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
I wouldn't expect Granberg to be a world beater at camp. He is one of those guys that ramps up slowly. He adjusted slowly to the AHL and had some troubles in the playoffs when injuries threw some curveballs at him.

MacWilliam is a guy that can really dial it up in a short camp. Granberg is better but I wouldn't be surprised if Mac shows better in camp

Holzer has gotten a lot better as well

CalgaryLeaf*

I wouldn't expect Granberg to be a world beater at camp. He is one of those guys that ramps up slowly. He adjusted slowly to the AHL and had some troubles in the playoffs when injuries threw some curveballs at him.

MacWilliam is a guy that can really dial it up in a short camp. Granberg is better but I wouldn't be surprised if Mac shows better in camp

What's the deal on MacWilliam?..Isn't he supposed to be a bad azz bruiser type?

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
What's the deal on MacWilliam?..Isn't he supposed to be a bad azz bruiser type?

A lot like Gleason actually. Learning to fight a bit and will probably top out as a Clarkson type middleweight. Hits like Phanuef where he picks his spots and a lot of times gets caught out of position.

Been playing tough but gets hurt alot

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York

What's the consensus on Holzer? I find it hard to believe that he couldn't play a role on the bottom pairing this year. RC put him in positions that were way over his head two years ago and then doesn't even get a call up last year. Our d-corp was healthy last year, yes but they weren't exactly world beaters.

With Gunnar, Gleason, Ranger and most likely Franson all leaving and only bringing in Polak and Robidas, there will be two spots up for grabs. It appears as if Granberg 22 and Percy21 will get looks but both would be unreasonable additions to Rielly 20 and Gards 24.

I guess the other option would be trade Fanson for a serviceable stop gap. Who is in need of offence from the blue line?

On a side note: Granberg has the best profile pic on DB

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=127607

:handclap::laugh:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think Leafs are really hoping Granberg makes the team out of camp.

They have positioned themselves particularly by buying out Gleason to open a roster spot on defense for a Marlie Dman to take and or rotate in and out.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I think Leafs are really hoping Granberg makes the team out of camp.

They have positioned themselves particularly by buying out Gleason to open a roster spot on defense for a Marlie Dman to take and or rotate in and out.

He's the one that is most mentioned as ready for the NHL by the front office.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
With Franson around he won't have an opportunity.

i disagree.

leafs for the first time in years have enough cap space to carry a few extra players. we can easily keep him up with the leafs and have him rotate through to break him in slowly. im also not convinced that franson wont get traded at some point during the season

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
i disagree.

leafs for the first time in years have enough cap space to carry a few extra players. we can easily keep him up with the leafs and have him rotate through to break him in slowly. im also not convinced that franson wont get traded at some point during the season

I thought that there was some credible source lately that had said that he was all but gone already. Does anyone have that link?

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
He's playing like crap tonight. I don't know how good he'll end up being... seems like a poor man's Komisarek

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Like his physicality. But I can't see him being more then a bottom pairing guy unless he can improve on his puck skills.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
I haven't been a fan of his pace. Seems to have slow foot speed and decision making with the puck. He has good physical tools and seems to play his man pretty well. I'm not sure if he really is this slow, or if it's his lack of speed in reading the play that makes him look slow. If he is just a slow skater, that can be fixed, but you can't fix him if he's slow between the ears.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
He looks like Holzer 2.0

Decent damage-control like defensive skills but looks like he'll never be more than a #6-7

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If you really think about it, Granberg becoming Holzer is not a bad thing. That would mean he's a solid cost effective bottom pairing defenseman with the ability to step up on occasion. Pretty much a poor man's Polak. I'd take that every day of the week with a 4th round pick.

It's kind of funny when you think of it though. Granberg and Holzer are the same height, nearly the same weight, the same handiness, pretty much the same playing style and nearly drafted at the same point in the 4th round. Pretty cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad