Confirmed with Link: Petrovic to EDM for Chris Wideman and 2019 3rd

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I've been asking for this for years. Petrovic has been horrible since his first season and has never improved. He was a disaster in the playoffs (despite his stat line) yet folks on this sub continued to praise him and make excuses for him, calling for the head of Pysyk or even Matheson.

Not saying either of those two are Norris candidates but Petrovic is one of the worst defensemen I've seen play consistent minutes at the NHL level. His lack of confidence behind his own net is so blatantly obvious and his puck handling is that of a retired Peewee coach. Shades of Mathieu Biron if some of you still get that reference.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Can't believe Edmonton paid a 3rd rounder for a UFA of this quality. Petro will be out of the NHL in less than 3 years.
Exactly this. I never saw any good play in him. He's been the same since he was drafted. Spent years in the AHL to develop, and still managed to not outplay Coby Robak.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Shots were 15-2 Jets when Petrovic was on the ice.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Shots were 15-2 Jets when Petrovic was on the ice.

As Boothinator says, watch the second goal Winnipeg scored (Lemieux). Right there in the frame the whole time, flubbing the play from the get-go, it's our man, Alex Petrovic. No joke, I do kind of wonder if the Oilers traded for him to tank, as JLD suggested.

Reactions: Boothinator

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
As Boothinator says, watch the second goal Winnipeg scored (Lemieux). Right there in the frame the whole time, flubbing the play from the get-go, it's our man, Alex Petrovic. No joke, I do kind of wonder if the Oilers traded for him to tank, as JLD suggested.

The best part was when he looked up, then quickly decided I better hit someone. He hit the most harmless player behind the net lmao

Reactions: Boothinator

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Went to see the goal... lmao. If that's how he's played all year I can see the animosity you guys have towards him.

I still remember the good/decent Petro so I wish nothing but the best for him lol.

Everyday I see someone try to defend him and his play, and it makes me so fullfilled to see he's still a f*** up.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Change of scenery
Hitchcock loves heavy slow players that can hit
Back to his hometown.
Seems like a win for both sides, hard to tell but Oilers style of play or the type of defense they want did not seem to suit many guys. I imagine they will move another defender soon.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Got this from the Edmonton board:

"Who the *UCK was involved in the scouting of Petrovic? He looks like he has anvils attached to his ankles, PATHETIC collective deals in the Koska Manning and Petro deals my gosh what a nightmare. Anyone with their fingerprints on these deals should be nuked to the sun. Sabotaging this franchise is painful to watch"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad