Injury Report: Petr Mrazek (Upper Body)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Not sure how to square this with “not as bad as it originally looked”, I mean it’s not like his hand visibly fell off, it looked like he broke something and might’ve needed surgery lol

Could have been that they initially thought he broke something, and looked like there was no break so "not as bad as it looked". MRI showed a dislocation that require surgery, so while not a break, not as optimistic as when that statement was made.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Not sure how to square this with “not as bad as it originally looked”, I mean it’s not like his hand visibly fell off, it looked like he broke something and might’ve needed surgery lol

Pretty easy if you ask me: he’s a 20 year old hockey player who saw the guy hurt in the locker room for a minute before being called to the interview area. Probably not the ideal examination and history taken for a diagnosis.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I wonder if you look at the goalie market again if Mrazek is out for a month+. We won’t have the buffer that we usually would in terms of schedule
Yeah, a lot may depend on how long longer than we expected is. It might be tough given that every team needs 3 goalies this year, and presumably 3 goalies that you don't mind playing. I suppose they'll give Ned his chance and see what happens.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
While this is not ideal, it is the reason we have Ned and it provides a time for him to step up. It is also early enough in the season (albeit a condensed one) where Ned can be assessed and subsequent decisions can be made based on how well things go. Not pressing the panic button just yet, but cautiously observant.

Reactions: DaveG

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
My suggestion would be to just continue not giving up shots and it won’t matter who the goalie is.

Yeah, Sara Civ’s article today (or yesterday?) mentioned that for Saturday’s game, Dallas had zero 5-on-5 shots during the last two periods and only four 5-on-5 shots the entire game.

Keep that up and stay out of the box and you’re going to have some very happy and very bored goaltenders.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
My suggestion would be to just continue not giving up shots and it won’t matter who the goalie is.

Right now:

GA/GP: Canes #1 in NHL with 1.67
PK%: Canes #2 in NHL with 91.3%
SA/GP: Canes #2 in NHL with 23.3

That probably comes at a cost.

5v5 GF/60: Canes last in the NHL
- 6 5v5 goals
- 1 3v3 goal
- 2 EN goals
- 1 SH goal
- 7 PP goalss

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Right now:

GA/GP: Canes #1 in NHL with 1.67
PK%: Canes #2 in NHL with 91.3%
SA/GP: Canes #2 in NHL with 23.3

That probably comes at a cost.

5v5 GF/60: Canes last in the NHL
- 6 5v5 goals
- 1 3v3 goal
- 2 EN goals
- 1 SH goal
- 7 PP goalss

The first set of numbers are averages—so a little less subject to having played fewer games. On a per game basis, I think the Canes are middle of the NHL for most of the scoring categories.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
The first set of numbers are averages—so a little less subject to having played fewer games. On a per game basis, I think the Canes are middle of the NHL for most of the scoring categories.

Not 5v5 goals. the GF/60 is worst in the NHL and 5v5 Goals/GP is the lowest in the NHL. Overall goals/GP is 19th. PP (5v4) is doing well though.

Agree it's still small sample sizes so 1 game can make a big swing given the limited number of games.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Yeah but also, point percentage .833 - 2nd in the nhl

Oh, I'm not complaining at all. Just pointing out that sometimes, shutting down another team can also limit scoring. As they get more games under their belts, I suspect it will even out some.

I'll take wins any day of the week, regardless of how they get them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad