Injury Report: Petr Mrazek (Concussion/Neck) and James Reimer (Lower Body)

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
The difference between now and after the Rangers game is #%*@*#

Funny—because from about 10 pm Friday until puck drop yesterday the consensus on this board was that the team lacked effort and the captain allowed them to quit on a regular basis. Amazing what a "win one for the Zamboni driver" mentality will accomplish.

This was never going to work if they didn't have something to…

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I haven't heard anything about Mrazek's injury. But it sounded like Reimer was willing to go against Toronto in the 3rd if it got too out of hand.

Of course, the goalie coach also added that "it would have been a really bad idea" and that they would have had to change Reimer's style of play to deal with his injury.

But I'm assuming that means Mrazek is probably worse off than Reimer.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Okay, so I work in a nursing home and this tweet has my recreational therapists cracking-up because apparently the leading manufacturer of this equipment is called WanderGuard.

They don't just beep...they cut into the overhead PA to announce the location of the set-off sensor. We can totally program it in RBA's voice to announce "No. Mrazek. Get your *** back to the crease."

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So it sounds like Mrazek was on the exercise bike today, and with RBA's backtracking of "Long term for me is like a week", maybe we'll see one of our regular backup goaltenders instead of our AHL backup goaltender in the nearish future?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Okay, so I work in a nursing home and this tweet has my recreational therapists cracking-up because apparently the leading manufacturer of this equipment is called WanderGuard.

They don't just beep...they cut into the overhead PA to announce the location of the set-off sensor. We can totally program it in RBA's voice to announce "No. Mrazek. Get your *** back to the crease."

My wife will volunteer for an alternate voice option.

I just need to work with her on not reflexively calling every goalie who wanders out of the paint "Cameron."

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I mentioned it in the Pesce thread, and although it was wrong for him, Brindy has used such terminology before, and it's been way off. He used similar for Marty this last injury, and he really wasn't gone that long.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I still think Clifford deserved more than a 2 for that.

Doesn't matter where a goalie is. He's untouchable.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I like that Ned battled back yesterday, but he's a little too all over the place. Just a bit twitchy whatever you think of his long term abilities. Forsberg just seemed a bit better and calmer. I think that'll serve us better right now.

Most importantly, for all the flack the main guys take, hopefully they'll be taken for granted a little less now. Welcome back Petr.

Reactions: Tryamw

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We have a Mrazek/McElhinney with Mrazek/Reimer.

We have a Mrazek/McElhinney with Ned/Forsberg.

We have a Mrazek/McElhinney with Mrazek/Forsberg.

We do not have a Mrazek/McElhinney with Mrazek/Ned. We’d have a Mrazek/Mrazek.

You can’t have two battlers. You need the battler and you need the calmer, bigger guy. The battler can go on insane hot streaks like Mrazek did last year, and the calmer guy can step in when the battler is fighting his game.

I don’t view this stretch as an indictment of Ned’s future. Frankly, he looked a lot like Mrazek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad