Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Minionscannon.gif

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's unionized.. this will do nothing, just like the NHL can do nothing except not assign him to critical games.

I wonder what they use not to assign a ref to critical games.

The NHL has selected the referees and linesmen working the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoff. While the 2020-21 season has been anything but typical, the league has continued with selecting 20 referees and 20 linesmen for the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. With cross-border travel still restricted, the league has had to split up their numbers and dedicate a playoff crew to work the Canadian games.
While the NHL hasn’t released the official list, we’ve worked backwards from the game assignments to pull together the stripes for the postseason. List subject to change – particularly with the Canadian linesmen…

Here are the NHL officials for the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs:

As in previous seasons, the league will cut down on the pool of officials after each round of the playoffs. The crew will be cut to 16 referees and 16 linesmen for Round 2.

NHL Referees and Linesmen for 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Lee not only made the initial cut of referees working the playoffs, there was an opportunity to remove him when the league cut down its refereeing crews and Lee made that cut too.

The problem: "The NHL has selected..." On what basis and what will it take for anyone to be held accountable?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
no chance he gets fired... he knows too much and as others have pointed out, the pension hook is all the NHL has to keep refs from opening the can of worms of just how shady the league approach to "officiating" is.

people need to realize that pro sports are only a small step away from WWE... it's not about the sport first and foremost, it's about the entertainment/business, the sport is a secondary concern/priority. That is not going to change anytime soon, and if it really bothers anyone, then go spend your time, money and attention on the countless amateur sporting events in your community that are a much truer reflection of "sport" and always will be.

Reactions: zeeto and ECWHSWI

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The league has been radio silent on Chicago’s situation which is a million times worse than anything Lee has done. I’m not going to count on this having any impact.

Reactions: zeeto and Gravity

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The league has been radio silent on Chicago’s situation which is a million times worse than anything Lee has done. I’m not going to count on this having any impact.

...the League's not gonna be able to keep silent on that for much longer, imo...shyte's gonna hit the fan in Chi-town soon...

...and I still like my Canon idea more as far as Lee goes...

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He is a POS but I would never advocate for someone to be fired over a hockey game. Just a game

It is not just a game.....that is a ridiculous take.

It is a multi billion dollar industry and he is a liability in this industry. He is in a well compensated and coveted vocation that he is required to maintain a high level of competency in. This is the highest level of competition in the world at this sport and the privilege to work at this level must be earned and respected. Should GM's and coaches also have jobs for life because it is "just a game".....?????

I honestly can't believe that you feel that your statement is based on any sort of reasonable rationale.....

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
He is a POS but I would never advocate for someone to be fired over a hockey game. Just a game

I knew a guy who was fired from his job because someone got hurt for his inaction and incompetence. The primary job of the referee is to keep the players safe, he failed in that role clearly. Multiple times.

Reactions: ngc_5128 and zeeto

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I knew a guy who was fired from his job because someone got hurt for his inaction and incompetence. The primary job of the referee is to keep the players safe, he failed in that role clearly. Multiple times.
There is that argument but the league seems to be OK with his ineptitude. Myself I would not sign on to getting someone fired. The league needs to deal with that...

Reactions: Bulis hit

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

a)He's wealthy no doubt about it
b) he can probably retire if he wanted to
c) plenty of other leagues he can ref in

The NHL should demand the best. If this clown can't cut it (which he can't) then someone else can be given the opportunity. He's not in any danger of losing his job, but even if he did, it would be deserved. He simply isn't good enough.

Reactions: Saxon and zeeto

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007

Chris Lee has been criticized by fans of a lot of teams, so we are not the only ones who have gotten the short end of the stick. No one else is starting a petition. It's not quite as bad as Habs fans calling 911, but it's certainly up there, becoming activists because we don't like a ref.

Also, Chris Lee has been around for years and while he may not be a ref we like, no one was concerned about him endangering lives before we felt it affected our run in the playoffs. It's up to the teams management and the media to expose whether he does a good job or not, and the league to respond. In the end this will be largely a Habs fans petition and the league will treat it as such, and they should. Because even if you think he shouldn't be reffing, it shouldn't be because a democratic representation of Habs fans dont like him. If the league bowed to pressure like that, it would be a bad thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxon and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad