Peterborough Petes 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Not if it’s just picks then Mississauga is going to want a similar return to what Kingston got for arcuri my guess is picks plus roster player dezoete or melee
Or DBB and Hardie considering there is still an open OA spot.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I can't see Van Volsen being traded for DelBelBelluz.
No?
I can see Richmond accepting multiple players, but 2-3 promising players in similar age group.
The Petes don’t really have the picks to deal with multiple teams. What if it was one stop shopping for DBB & Sharpe, and maybe Hardie or Larsen to fill the open OA spot??
Leskovar, DeZoete? Purdeller? All 3?
Actually, Uberti fits too. Panwar-Uberti-Dubois would be a difficult 3rd line to play against.

Last edited:

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
No?
I can see Richmond accepting multiple players, but 2-3 promising players in similar age group.
The Petes don’t really have the picks to deal with multiple teams. What if it was one stop shopping for DBB & Sharpe, and maybe Hardie or Larsen to fill the open OA spot??
Leskovar, DeZoete? Purdeller? All 3?
Larsen is interesting. Not sure why people think leskovar has any value he’s not that good

Or DBB and Hardie considering there is still an open OA spot.
Hardie or Larsen make sense not sure if they wanna use a OA spot on a import though

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
No?
Leskovar, DeZoete? Purdeller?

No, I don't think DelBelBelluz alone is going to fetch the 6th overall pick.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Larsen is interesting. Not sure why people think leskovar has any value he’s not that good

Hardie or Larsen make sense not sure if they wanna use a OA spot on a import though
Leskovar is not that good now, but not devoid of talent. Richmond does great work with big D.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
DBB hardie Larsen for some combination of Spearing van volsen purdeller picks is that too much or not enough?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
No, I don't think DelBelBelluz alone is going to fetch the 6th overall pick.
Just me, but I don’t see Oke using all his remaining picks on a high end forward and left nothing to address D

DBB hardie Larsen for some combination of Spearing van volsen purdeller picks is that too much or not enough?
Lots imo. That might leave the Petes with a pick for this years draft :) But I have trouble believing the Petes don’t add a right shot D before the deadline.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Just me, but I don’t see Oke using all his remaining picks on a high end forward and left nothing to address D

Lots imo. That might leave the Petes with a pick for this years draft :) But I have trouble believing the Petes don’t add a right shot D before the deadline.
If it’s just picks for DBB it’s gonna be almost exactly what Kingston for for arcuri and that would leave the Petes empty

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You don’t think Richmond does great work with big D?
If a body is needed to even out a deal, Boyd could do worse than accept Leskovar. Boyd turned an oversized sloth from Kingston that would have cleared waivers into a legit top 4 D.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Other then White in hamilton what other right handed d would be available Petes need to add a right handed d man imo

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Other then White in hamilton what other right handed d would be available Petes need to add a right handed d man imo
Toure in Sudbury might fit the bill. Sudbury needs to unload one D. Toure has been playing up front the last two games with Collins, Mania and Chromiak all RD playing a head and are our future. Toure is 6'7 and can skate and has a reach that is hard to get by. Has a decent shot and also can jump up in the play. May be an overage next season as well.

WJ

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Toure in Sudbury might fit the bill. Sudbury needs to unload one D. Toure has been playing up front the last two games with Collins, Mania and Chromiak all RD playing a head and are our future. Toure is 6'7 and can skate and has a reach that is hard to get by. Has a decent shot and also can jump up in the play. May be an overage next season as well.

WJ
Would be a great fit. I’m game for that.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I tohught Wright to Petes was done?
Only way Wright to Peterborough could still happen is Lardis and Van Volsen and maybe some(one)thing else straight up. but thats not gonna happen.

As Petes fans we have to hope that Oke has heard that Wright is not being sent back to the OHL (which is think there is a good chance that happens) and he pounced to get another star player on DBB.

Whatever happens, just don't want him in Ottawa or in the case anyone but Petes.

Reactions: Zebra

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
No way they send VV for DBB. I’d rather send more and get Beck instead then we can at least get something back for him next year. I think it make more sense that they go after Del Mastro instead of DBB and then use the final OA Spot on a forward.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
No way they send VV for DBB. I’d rather send more and get Beck instead then we can at least get something back for him next year. I think it make more sense that they go after Del Mastro instead of DBB and then use the final OA Spot on a forward.
Del Mastro going to sarnia sounds like. Petes should go all in for DBB Larsen and hardie in a mega deal

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Only way Wright to Peterborough could still happen is Lardis and Van Volsen and maybe some(one)thing else straight up. but thats not gonna happen.

As Petes fans we have to hope that Oke has heard that Wright is not being sent back to the OHL (which is think there is a good chance that happens) and he pounced to get another star player on DBB.

Whatever happens, just don't want him in Ottawa or in the case anyone but Petes.
Did I read that correctly; both Lardis & Van Volsen?
Both are equal or greater value than Mews who likely has significantly greater value than Foster speculated to be the main piece in a trade for Wright.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Did I read that correctly; both Lardis & Van Volsen?
Both are equal or greater value than Mews who likely has significantly greater value than Foster speculated to be the main piece in a trade for Wright.

I’m not sure that Mews isn’t more value than either of VanVolsen or Lardis right now. I think Mews performance to date has been pretty stellar. 16 points in 22 games from the back end.

Again, based on performance, I am not sure Lardis is worth more than Foster either. I think they are comparable from a performance basis.

I think you may be falling prey to draft position bias.

That said, your overall point has merit except the OP was trying to find a way to acquire an impact player without parting with the draft picks. Players like Van Volsen are worth two 2nds and three 3rds on the open market…. Give or take. So the OP is suggesting that one of the players is the compliment for the draft picks.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’m not sure that Mews isn’t more value than either of VanVolsen or Lardis right now. I think Mews performance to date has been pretty stellar. 16 points in 22 games from the back end.

Again, based on performance, I am not sure Lardis is worth more than Foster either. I think they are comparable from a performance basis.

That said, your overall point has merit except the OP was trying to find a way to acquire an impact player without parting with the draft picks. Players like Van Volsen are worth two 2nds and three 3rds on the open market…. Give or take. So the OP is suggesting that one of the players is the compliment for the draft picks.
I’m guessing Foster got off to a hot start with the rest of the ‘67s? From what I saw in December games, there is zero chance I trade Beaudoin for Foster, nm Mews or VanVolsen. Right now at least, Lardis is better than the rookies imo. I think his stats reflect his place on the roster since Othmann was acquired.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I think the biggest question remains are the Petes going to upgrade the OA spot being used by Spearing. We know they’re after another top 6 forward and will fill the other OA spot but will they upgrade Spearing’s spot is a big question mark

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022

This sums my comment up perfectly, thank you @OMG67

It mainly has to do with the potential of getting both DBB and Wright. All of the Petes picks are going to be going to DBB so the only way for Oke to somehow pull off a Wright deal too is to throw in Lardis and Van Volsen and whatever else he could scrounge together. Would be very very enticing to Kingston especially with their Mem Cup aspirations. But it’s not gonna happen lol just the thought of what it could potentially take

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I’m guessing Foster got off to a hot start with the rest of the ‘67s? From what I saw in December games, there is zero chance I trade Beaudoin for Foster, nm Mews or VanVolsen. Right now at least, Lardis is better than the rookies imo. I think his stats reflect his place on the roster since Othmann was acquired.

I think Foster’s status as a 16 year old last year in the NOJHL with SSM would suggest this season is an extension of his award winning season last year.

The issue isn’t whether you would take player “X” for player “Y.” The question is what the relative trade value is. Right now, Foster has a significantly high trade value that is similar to the players you listed. Then it is a matter of preference.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
So I guess a potential Luca DelBelBelluz trade to Peterborough could be:

To PBO:
- Luca DelBelBelluz
To MISS:
- PBO 2nd '25
- ER 2nd '25
- SAR 3rd '23
- FLNT 3rd '23
- PBO 3rd '25

If the Petes do get DelBelBelluz that is very exciting nonetheless. If DBB is the hypotethetical "consolation prize" for not getting Shane Wright, then that is a pretty darn good option. Adding another star to this team is exciting

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think Foster’s status as a 16 year old last year in the NOJHL with SSM would suggest this season is an extension of his award winning season last year.

The issue isn’t whether you would take player “X” for player “Y.” The question is what the relative trade value is. Right now, Foster has a significantly high trade value that is similar to the players you listed. Then it is a matter of preference.
Maybe. But I’d be more inclined to believe teams just are not willing to part with top ten picks from the past two drafts; and, no one can touch the picks part of the package the ‘67s can offer. They can offer 2, 3, 4 for the next draft and still have greater than a full compliment of picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad