To PBO:
- Luca DelBelBelluz
To MISS:
- PBO 2nd '25
- ER 2nd '25
- SAR 3rd '23
- FLNT 3rd '23
- PBO 3rd '25

If the Petes do get DelBelBelluz that is very exciting nonetheless. If DBB is the hypotethetical "consolation prize" for not getting Shane Wright, then that is a pretty darn good option. Adding another star to this team is exciting
To me it’s gonna be less picks and the petes will include a roster player. With the deal you wrote here that leaves the Petes with what picks to deal for a OA?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Maybe. But I’d be more inclined to believe teams just are not willing to part with top ten picks from the past two drafts; and, no one can touch the picks part of the package the ‘67s can offer. They can offer 2, 3, 4 for the next draft and still have greater than a full compliment of picks

I agree for sure. This is one of the areas I highlighted regarding Peterborough’s lack of traditional trade assets. They lack flexibility in when their picks are. They lack flexibility in the types of traditional pieces they can cobble together. They are somewhat hamstrung when it comes to competing with other teams for players.

With respect to Ottawa, the only question on their side was whether they have the willingness to part with roster players. It sounds like they are. If true, not many teams can match Ottawa’s flexibility of trade assets.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
This team needs another OA defenseman and an upgrade on Spearing with a second OA defenseman.
If they are gettting DBB and still need to fill the 1 OA spot I can’t see any assets left to upgrade Spearing unfortunately which is a huge mistake

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
If the speculation about the Steelheads being sellers is true, the more reasonable prices will help the Petes chances of strengthening their lineup without trading JVV. I'm not saying they won't but it will help their chances. I also think Dezoete could be included in potential deals as he would have some value - Hamilton (local boy), Niagara (local-ish boy and bidding for MC), Kingston (bidding for MC), Soo (Bidding for MC).

I’m hoping for 3 additions:
2 RHDs and 1 forward, with 2 of the 3 being OAs (upgrade on Spearing)

RHD options
White (HAM) (OA)
Keane (NIA) (OA)
Jesus (NIA) (OA)
Roger (KGN) (OA)
Thompson (SOO) (OA)
Touré (SBY) (03)
Sharpe (MISS) (03)

Forward options
Morrison (C) (HAM) (OA)
Hardie (LW) (MISS) (OA)
Hayes (RW) (HAM) (OA)
Watson (RW) (SOO) (OA)
Duarte (RW) (SOO) (OA)
DeGrazia (LW) (SBY) (OA)
Uberti (RW) (MISS) (OA)
Wright (C) (KGN) (04)
DelBelBelluz (C) (MISS) (03)
Savard (LW) (SOO) (03)
Zhilkin (C) (GUE) (03)
Winterton (RW) (HAM) (03)

If Oke does add DelBelBelluz, like some have mentioned, he likely waits until the last minute to add 2 RHD at the very best price.

Should be an exciting 2 weeks and then the top teams and their coaches will be working hard to develop chemistry.

Reactions: Section5Petes

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I’m guessing Foster got off to a hot start with the rest of the ‘67s? From what I saw in December games, there is zero chance I trade Beaudoin for Foster, nm Mews or VanVolsen. Right now at least, Lardis is better than the rookies imo. I think his stats reflect his place on the roster since Othmann was acquired.

I was curious so I went back to look at his game by game stats. Foster got his chance to play up in the lineup the game that Beck got injured against Peterborough near the end of October. Since then, he has played top 9 minutes and has 11 goals and 6 assists over 22 games. Prior to that he had 2 goals and 1 assist in the first nine games when Beck was in the lineup.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
In the Peterborough Examiner Tuesday, coach Rob Wilson says that his biggest want is a top puck-moving Dman but he expects they will add a Center as well.....so maybe DelBelBelluz and White will be the only adds.
I wonder if we'll see many deals right out of the gate today.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
So I guess a potential Luca DelBelBelluz trade to Peterborough could be:

To PBO:
- Luca DelBelBelluz
To MISS:
- PBO 2nd '25
- ER 2nd '25
- SAR 3rd '23
- FLNT 3rd '23
- PBO 3rd '25

If the Petes do get DelBelBelluz that is very exciting nonetheless. If DBB is the hypotethetical "consolation prize" for not getting Shane Wright, then that is a pretty darn good option. Adding another star to this team is exciting

Does anyone really know if Mississauga is selling or is all of this just speculation. Mississauga may be buyers.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
In the Peterborough Examiner Tuesday, coach Rob Wilson says that his biggest want is a top puck-moving Dman but he expects they will add a Center as well.....so maybe DelBelBelluz and White will be the only adds.
I wonder if we'll see many deals right out of the gate today.
That’s really all they have assets for unless they wanna move JVV which they should be

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That’s really all they have assets for unless they wanna move JVV which they should be
In fairness, holding two 2nds and theee 3rds, to get those two players, they have to trade a young player of value to get both of those guys.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree for sure. This is one of the areas I highlighted regarding Peterborough’s lack of traditional trade assets. They lack flexibility in when their picks are. They lack flexibility in the types of traditional pieces they can cobble together. They are somewhat hamstrung when it comes to competing with other teams for players.

With respect to Ottawa, the only question on their side was whether they have the willingness to part with roster players. It sounds like they are. If true, not many teams can match Ottawa’s flexibility of trade assets.
Good for the Petes if they can get DelBelBelluz and an OA D with their 5 remaining high picks and depth player(s).
I guess it’s just the Petes & ‘67s that must have a top centre. Do Barrie & Flint split Harrison & Savard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad