Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
With Thomas we just got a lot better but for us to be a real championship contender I don’t think we can have hinz JPJ and McMullen all as starters I think we need atleast one more top 9 forward and want one more scoring winger aswell as a D upgrade on spearing but can live with spearing cause we’d lose him to get that upgrade

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I have a Gogolev plaid jersey, a Butler pink jersey and a #22 ugly sweater jersey with no name but it was the year Denault wore it as a call up, so if you want someone traded let me know and I'll get on the next auction.
Also -whoever is featured on the “magnet” is usually traded too -except for the Logan DeNoble magnet

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Butler is far more valuable than Stepien in my opinion.
We only get to see Kitchener once a year so I honestly don't know what Stepien is like but I do honestly think Thomas is better than Noel so the trades are similar in terms of value. Butler is a better player than he gets credit for and it's honestly going to suck to see him leave if everything comes true(but also very exciting at the same time).

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
We only get to see Kitchener once a year so I honestly don't know what Stepien is like but I do honestly think Thomas is better than Noel so the trades are similar in terms of value. Butler is a better player than he gets credit for and it's honestly going to suck to see him leave if everything comes true(but also very exciting at the same time).

I agree that Thomas is better than Noel and I think that this is a good trade for the Petes.

Stepien to me is a complimentary bottom 6 guy that plays hard, but lacks offensive skill. His value in that trade was probably comparable to a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Spearing 2x2nds 2x3rds for Harley

3rd and 5th for Richard Whittaker

Robbie Thomas Kirk
Mctavish sda gallant
Little grondin Whittaker
Hinz Robertson JPJ

Harley paugette
Chisholm wilson
Macnamara maier

Last edited:

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
A first rounder in the 2020 NHL Draft if you ask @NorthernVoice ;)
Heh. At the start of the year, I liked Butler to find his way into the mid part of the NHL draft this season but he hasn't made the strides I expected based on last year and preseason.

I still think with his size and shot he'll be a force in the OHL in a couple years.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Spearing 2x2nds 2x3rds for Harley

3rd and 5th for Richard Whittaker

Robbie Thomas Kirk
Mctavish sda gallant
Little grondin Whittaker
Hinz Robertson JPJ

Harley paugette
Chisholm wilson
Macnamara maier
Harley would take Avon for sure.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of Trott/Bignell/Moncada/Bitten and someone like Carter Robertson or LeGuerrier on D.

No idea if we would have the ammo to get it done or not. I honestly wouldn't have minded if they upgraded Maier into Sopar or Pekar and then picked up a D, but it's too late to do that.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
1 trade is not enough. A RW and physical D would be nice.

If Butler leaves, that means Hinz gets more minutes. That's not wise.

Akil Thomas (if he is traded here) will likely play RW as we have enough centres.

I believe the line-up will look something like this if the trade goes through.

Robertson SDA Thomas
McTavish Gallant Kirk
Little Grondin Hinz
Parker-Jones Avon Robertson

Chisholm Spearing
Paquette Maier
Hudson. McNamara

Jones
Austin

Last edited:
Reactions: ptbopete

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Akil Thomas (if he is traded here) will likely play RW as we have enough centres.

I believe the line-up will look something like this if the trade goes through.

Robertson SDA Thomas
McTavish Gallant Kirk
Little Grondin Hinz
Parker-Jones Avon Robertson

Chisholm Spearing
Paquette Maier
Hudson. McNamara

Jones
Austin

I doubt it. You don’t trade for a centreman that talented and tell him to play the wing.

Robertson-SDA-McTavish
Kirk-Thomas-TRADE
Little-Gallant-Hinz
Avon-Grondin-T.Rob

Allows you have to a quality faceoff guy on the ice for the Petes at all times and roll four lines consistently for the second half of the season.

Petes25

Jan 4, 2017
I doubt it. You don’t trade for a centreman that talented and tell him to play the wing.

Robertson-SDA-McTavish
Kirk-Thomas-TRADE
Little-Gallant-Hinz
Avon-Grondin-T.Rob

Allows you have to a quality faceoff guy on the ice for the Petes at all times and roll four lines consistently for the second half of the season.

I like your thinking!

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Heh. At the start of the year, I liked Butler to find his way into the mid part of the NHL draft this season but he hasn't made the strides I expected based on last year and preseason.

I still think with his size and shot he'll be a force in the OHL in a couple years.

Yep. I expected big things out of him this year. Still wouldn't surprise me in the least if he puts up 40 goals. Even as early as next season. So much potential there. Based on his play this year, whichever NHL team ends up picking him could get a steal.

Reactions: Petesfan8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad