Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
U17 wrap for Petes

..tye Austin 2nd best in both gaa 2.19 and save % .925 for tournament only allowed 3G in 3 partial games 40 shots

Butler- 3gms 0pts 2pms (heard some good reviews)
Cuylle- 3gms 0pts 2pims
Bar- 2gms 0’s

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
U17 wrap for Petes

..tye Austin 2nd best in both gaa 2.19 and save % .925 for tournament only allowed 3G in 3 partial games 40 shots

Butler- 3gms 0pts 2pms (heard some good reviews)
Cuylle- 3gms 0pts 2pims
Bar- 2gms 0’s

Guess Bar and Cuylle better sign with the Petes before they fall too far behind the competition :sarcasm:

Nick6

Jul 28, 2018
Didn’t see Bar on the ice at all. Not sure if I just missed him or he didn’t play any games

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Was hurt in a practice between game 2 and 3 so didn't play in the 3rd game but did play in the first 2.

OU812

Sep 11, 2017
Butler- 3gms 0pts 2pms (heard some good reviews) Cuylle- 3gms 0pts 2pims Bar- 2gms 0’s[/QUOTE said:
Too much is being made of Cuylle
Saw him at North York camp and other places. If he finally signs, don’t expect much, so you’re not disappointed. Don’t have the goods people are placing on him.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Doesn’t sound like he will sign anyways...

So if Cuylle is not signing with the Petes, which teams will he be willing to go to, will be the most interested in Cuylle and have the picks to make a deal happen?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
So if Cuylle is not signing with the Petes, which teams will he be willing to go to, will be the most interested in Cuylle and have the picks to make a deal happen?

My guess... and from talk I’ve heard... Windsor, London and Niagara have expressed interest. Only London has the picks to make it work.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
London has already signed four 16 year olds, I don't see them adding another at this point. Niagara doesn't make sense as they likely will be going for it and any picks they have to make trades will be for guys they think might push them over the top this year. Windsor would make sense with where they are at in the cycle but they don't have a lot of picks right now. Once they move Dipietro they will so perhaps they move Dipietro in August then acquire Cuylle in early September.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
We didn’t get to see a lot last season but there was some flashes of good play especially considering he played in the tail end of 3 game weekends and mostly against top teams when we did see him. What are we expecting out of hunter jones this year is he going to be a capiable ohl goalie day to day. Let in some weak goals but also steal a game here And there thoughts?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
We didn’t get to see a lot last season but there was some flashes of good play especially considering he played in the tail end of 3 game weekends and mostly against top teams when we did see him. What are we expecting out of hunter jones this year is he going to be a capiable ohl goalie day to day. Let in some weak goals but also steal a game here And there thoughts?

I think Jones will be okay... but it’ll take some time. I think Austin will likely need a year in CCHL... if he’s the teams backup we may be in trouble.

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009
London has already signed four 16 year olds, I don't see them adding another at this point. Niagara doesn't make sense as they likely will be going for it and any picks they have to make trades will be for guys they think might push them over the top this year. Windsor would make sense with where they are at in the cycle but they don't have a lot of picks right now. Once they move Dipietro they will so perhaps they move Dipietro in August then acquire Cuylle in early September.
Agree 100%, Niagara doesn’t have the picks to get Cuylle but I think the IceDogs will be making more player for player deals in August and September. They have a few players that they can afford to move now to get someone that can help in the future. If Niagara wants to get into the elite level of teams they need to get out of the usual cycle.
I think they’d offer the Petes guys like Constantinou, Martin, Hunter, Incze and Castleman. Not saying that’s of interest to Peterborough but if they were sniffing around, a package of those guys would be my guess.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
The latest rumours suggest the Petes won’t deal Will Cuylle right away when camps open... they will try and wait him out a little bit to call his bluff.

Does anyone know if there is a certain window in which they must deal him to receive a compensation first round pick in next year’s draft?

Reactions: hockeynorth

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The latest rumours suggest the Petes won’t deal Will Cuylle right away when camps open... they will try and wait him out a little bit to call his bluff.

Does anyone know if there is a certain window in which they must deal him to receive a compensation first round pick in next year’s draft?
I believe they must declare him defective before the regular season starts.

the dog

May 16, 2014
he is declared defected if he does not report to training camp in August....because he was a top 4 pick...receives the #5 pick in subsequent draft. and also additional pick at the end of 2nd rd

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
he is declared defected if he does not report to training camp in August....because he was a top 4 pick...receives the #5 pick in subsequent draft. and also additional pick at the end of 2nd rd

Not exactly... the team has that choice.

See Jack McBain in Barrie and Tyler Weiss.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
This is not correct - the team has from opening of training camp to just before regular season to declare a 1st round pick defective. They can only trade the first round pick in this window as well once declared defective and only for picks. If they wait too long to declare the player defective they might not find a trade partner for such trade and then they only get the compensation pick next year. If they do not declare the 1st rounder defective they lose out on both options. This has happened before but I forget the players name or the team.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
It’s early days yet, but the Sugar Kings’ roster is starting to take shape - ObserverXtra

Jakson Kirk (7th Rd. '18) and Tyson Hillier (14th Rd. '17) will play for the Elmira Sugar Kings this year.

Glad to see Kirk found himself a junior team. I’m a big fan of this kid and think he makes the Petes in ‘19-‘20.

So from the past draft...

1- Cuylle: North York (OJHL) / TBD?
2- Butler: Petes (OHL)
3- Bar: St.Andrews College
3- Austin: Kanata (CCHL) / Petes (OHL)
4- Spearing: Petes (OHL)
5- Perciballi: Aurora (OJHL)
6- Suda: Nichols (US Prep)
7- Kirk: Elmira (GOJHL)
8- Reeve: Kingston (OJHL)?
8- Serraglio: TBD
9- Chiarot: TBD
11- Schooenderwoerd: St.Marys (GOJHL)
12- Palfreyman: Pelham (GOJHL)
14- Studnicka: TBD
15- McMullen: Timmins (NOJHL)

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Glad to see Kirk found himself a junior team. I’m a big fan of this kid and think he makes the Petes in ‘19-‘20.

So from the past draft...

1- Cuylle: North York (OJHL) / TBD?
2- Butler: Petes (OHL)
3- Bar: St.Andrews College
3- Austin: Kanata (CCHL) / Petes (OHL)
4- Spearing: Petes (OHL)
5- Perciballi: Aurora (OJHL)
6- Suda: Nichols (US Prep)
7- Kirk: Elmira (GOJHL)
8- Reeve: Kingston (OJHL)?
8- Serraglio: TBD
9- Chiarot: TBD