Peter Laviolette is our problem

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Here's a question,

Would we all have liked Lavi as much if the Flyers weren't featured on 24/7? We haven't had a chance to see any other coach in that type of environment. Obviously we saw him on the bench doing his thing which I loved him for but just something to think about.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Here's a question,

Would we all have liked Lavi as much if the Flyers weren't featured on 24/7? We haven't had a chance to see any other coach in that type of environment. Obviously we saw him on the bench doing his thing which I loved him for but just something to think about.

24/7 was what cemented me on Torts..

i'll still wave the flag for Torts2Philly until it happens..

my thoughts on Lavi were and still are, he was great while he was here. but at the end it was simply time for him to go, like all coachs a shelf life is how they operate.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I was a firm Laviolette supporter until the bitter end, when I finally capitulated and said that even though I thought he was a good coach, maybe it was time for a change of scenery.

In retrospect, they haven't had anyone better and sometimes it's just too easy to hope moving on from a coach will magically fix things when the problem is really much more about the roster.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
24/7 was what cemented me on Torts..

i'll still wave the flag for Torts2Philly until it happens..

Oh dear.

y3PWaHz.gif

giphy.gif

hrk.gif

gag.gif

tumblr_ml46srJ1Iv1rdh9azo4_400.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We have come a long way from watching Schenn and Grossmann pinch on every opportunity.

We are almost there. The D transformation is almost complete. Having a coach who will let these young horses run will be important. In fairness, Hak was doing that to start the season and we were getting points for the D. But the D also were not good enough to SMARTLY know when to pinch and were unable to get back, and we bled chances against.

I just miss Lavi's emotion, You always knew he was in a game. Hak needs to show more emotion because the team feeds off it. We became boring....just like Hak.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We have come a long way from watching Schenn and Grossmann pinch on every opportunity.

We are almost there. The D transformation is almost complete. Having a coach who will let these young horses run will be important. In fairness, Hak was doing that to start the season and we were getting points for the D. But the D also were not good enough to SMARTLY know when to pinch and were unable to get back, and we bled chances against.

I just miss Lavi's emotion, You always knew he was in a game. Hak needs to show more emotion because the team feeds off it. We became boring....just like Hak.

Yep. The blank stare into the abyss look isnt the most inspiring.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
... be careful what you wish for, you just might get ... Hakstok.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Our "problem" has been patience for the most part...

Let's hope Hextall's plan works.....although with Hak it is going to be hard to maintain patience given the fact he is not the most dynamic coach we've ever had. He makes Terry Simpson look like Dennis Rodman :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Here's a question,

I never saw much of that, but I liked Lavi during his time here. Then it really fell apart in 2013. The lockout season was bad enough, but then the following training camp, preseason and start of the regular season were even worse somehow.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
"We're not a finesse team. We're a ****ing giddy-up-and-go team!"

Always loved that line from him during 24/7 in 2012

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
"We're not a finesse team. We're a ****ing giddy-up-and-go team!"

Always loved that line from him during 24/7 in 2012

Agreed. I think he said something like they aren't a "conservative" team, though -- something related to them being too cautious.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I said in another thread but Lavi moving forward would be the perfect coach for this team. He go the most out of G, voracek, coots, etc...those guys loved him. The young D would allow the team to play his style again.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
We should either have fired him in the summer, or kept him longer until we find an adequate replacement. Firing him early in the season to promote Craig Berube was stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad