Speculation: Peter Horachek

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
It's a harmless move. Bjugstad seemed a bit comfortable at the #1 center role with no one behind him to pressure him. It's a good harmless way to tell the rookie exactly that, that he is just a rookie and needs to continue to work his ass off.

Is it harmless?

Should that be the headline today as we lose 7 of 8 whats wrong with our team, Nick Bjugstadt? Is he the guy that should be demoted?

Do you believe as coach does " I think it’s just time he sits back and recognizes he needs to do a better job.’’

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/03/4035783/florida-panthers-nick-bjugstad.html#storylink=cpy

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Is it harmless?

Should that be the headline today as we lose 7 of 8 whats wrong with our team, Nick Bjugstadt? Is he the guy that should be demoted?

Do you believe as coach does " I think it’s just time he sits back and recognizes he needs to do a better job.’’

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/03/4035783/florida-panthers-nick-bjugstad.html#storylink=cpy

Because Bjugstad is better than the rest of the trash on the this team doesn't make him immune to mistakes. Who do you want bumped down? Jovo, Gomez, or Campbell. They won't learn anything Bjugstad has been turning the puck over a lot lately more than he did at the beginning of the year. I was amazed at how well he protected the puck at the start of the year but he's been sloppy lately. Wether that's because he's tired from his first full season or trying to do to much I don't know. But from the reaction he gave he took it better than Kulikov or Matthias took it. It's not going to hurt him to lose a few minutes he will survive just fine and probably be better for it.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Because Bjugstad is better than the rest of the trash on the this team doesn't make him immune to mistakes. Who do you want bumped down? Jovo, Gomez, or Campbell. They won't learn anything Bjugstad has been turning the puck over a lot lately more than he did at the beginning of the year. I was amazed at how well he protected the puck at the start of the year but he's been sloppy lately. Wether that's because he's tired from his first full season or trying to do to much I don't know. But from the reaction he gave he took it better than Kulikov or Matthias took it. It's not going to hurt him to lose a few minutes he will survive just fine and probably be better for it.

I don't believe you have to "bump him down" and make him the center of attention to learn something. There are other methods to handle this. For example, even if Coach believes he needed to be bumped down, why not say to the media something to the effect that its his lst year after college, he seems to be fatiguing lately, and he has done such a yeoman's job for us that I am going to cut his minutes back these remaining meaningless games. And you know what? that might just be the truth.

CoolburnIsGone

I don't believe you have to "bump him down" and make him the center of attention to learn something. There are other methods to handle this. For example, even if Coach believes he needed to be bumped down, why not say to the media something to the effect that its his lst year after college, he seems to be fatiguing lately, and he has done such a yeoman's job for us that I am going to cut his minutes back these remaining meaningless games. And you know what? that might just be the truth.
I'm guessing a guy with the "interim" tag with his position wouldnt say that these games are "meaningless" even if they are. Your sentiment is good but no coach will likely say what you're suggesting, even if its the truth. I dont see what he did as anything surprising as a coach even if its less than desirable.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I'm guessing a guy with the "interim" tag with his position wouldnt say that these games are "meaningless" even if they are. Your sentiment is good but no coach will likely say what you're suggesting, even if its the truth. I dont see what he did as anything surprising as a coach even if its less than desirable.

I agree we can remove the word meaningless, and use the words he described in regards to why hes not bringing Luongo on the recent road trip

"It would be a lot different if we were right now fighting for the Presidents' Trophy or a certain [playoff] position," Horachek told the Sun Sentinel

I personally just wouldn't have made him the headline. Just me.

Last edited:

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Word is Kirk Muller will be canned from the Canes. I'd love him as an assistant, the man knows how to run a PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad