Peter Holland

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I know it is an incredibly small sample size, but he put up 6 pts (3+3) in his 3 AHL games. he seems to be rarely talked about amongst ducks prospects, and prospects in general.

anyone have info on him. i know he played for a defensive minded team in Guelph and that his game has been said to likely transfer well to the pros - but other than that i do not know much.

Thanks!

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
I know it is an incredibly small sample size, but he put up 6 pts (3+3) in his 3 AHL games. he seems to be rarely talked about amongst ducks prospects, and prospects in general.

anyone have info on him. i know he played for a defensive minded team in Guelph and that his game has been said to likely transfer well to the pros - but other than that i do not know much.

Thanks!

Ducks' prospects are not allowed to be talked about. It's taboo!

Holland when motivated is a beast. "When motivated".... He has the size and skills to be a very good everyday NHLer. Will fit nicely as the teams 2nd line center behind Getzlaf. Imo he's easily our top prospect however many will tend to disagree.

Maybe now that he's earning a paycheck he'll start to show what he's truly capable of!

-btw there was an old thread from a hockey writer suggesting he thought Holland would be a better NHLer than Kadri last year.

EDIT:
Schenn vs Holland
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=803494&highlight=peter+holland

Kadri vs Holland
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=765871&highlight=peter+holland

Basic search yields more holland threads where you can find a little more info about the kid.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's funny I've heard lots of Holland-Getzlaf comparisons, as well as a couple Palmieri-Perry comparisons. It'd be cool if they ended up at that level, or even just under.

Mar 12, 2009
I've seen him live a number of times, he seems to be a good skater, good size and has a lot of skill. His effort level can be inconsistent though.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I'm excited about this guy. He scored 6 points in 3 AHL games last season. I wonder how he will do in camp. What do you all think his ceiling is? Would you consider him a powerfoward or playmaker, or sniper?

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I think this will be a short stint, but I hope he can have a really good year in the AHL...then he can maybe play 40 games in the NHL and AHL each next year and then be ready for primetime...

that would be my time table on Holland.

Very good 70 point upside imo though.

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
He has a ridiculous amount of talent, just seems to lack that desire or ability to elevate himself in junior hockey. Maybe he's taking it more serious in pro, becasue it almost seems like he's been a 1st round prospect, and earned a pro contract from not even trying yet. If he can find that determination needed to be a consistent top player in the NHL the Ducks will have a ridiculous 1-2 combo with him and Getzlaf. Cause the talent and potential are already there.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
He's been good. Would like to see him hold onto the puck a little more, but I'm sure that's just nerves.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Wow, that was a nice shot!

I think Holland is one of those guys that will be a better pro player then he even was a junior or minor-pro player.

Some guys just have games that translate to the highest level the best.

Others like the Corey Locke's etc, etc are better at the lower levels.

In this respect Holland compares quite favorably to Ryan Getzlaf. Getz wasn't just lazy in juniors(although he was a bit), at times he looked bored.

I think whether Holland sticks full time now or not isn't that important. Once he physically gets that man-muscle, he'll be a great offensive player in a Top 6 role...because once he physically is in his prime, his game is just suited for the NHL.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Great shot. He seemed really happy in his post game interview. Hopefully he is starting to realize what a force he can potentially be!

Oct 18, 2011
The kid has great talent, he is why the ducks won't be trading any of their core players for a no.2 center, it will be him soon enough if all goes well. I like his instincts the goal he scored is a great example of them, he found just a little space, and got the shot off in an instant.

IMO Scott Walker did alot for his development last year in Guelph

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Who do people think has the better long term offensive upside

Holland or Kyle Palmieri ?

Upside? Holland forsure. Big physical 2 way center who will be matched up against #2 centers his whole career with the Ducks.

Who is the safe pick? Palmieri forsure. He is good enough and nasty enough to play a third line role already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad