Prospect Info: Peter Holland

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Toronto is falling for that trap that our NHL club fell for. Holland dominates the AHL... that's nothing new. It's translating that play at the NHL level that's the problem. ha ha ha

Three more games! Three more games! Three more games!

He shouldnt have gone down in the first place. He earned his spot on a scoring line IMO not getting three minutes a night with Colton Orr and Fraser McLaren.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
He shouldnt have gone down in the first place. He earned his spot on a scoring line IMO not getting three minutes a night with Colton Orr and Fraser McLaren.

Putting Holland on a fourth line that plays three - four minutes a game is a waste of his talent and does not let him develop as a player. From my perspective as a Duck fan that is immaterial. All I want is for Holland to play three more games this year so that we get the second round pick, regardless of how it affects Holland. I recognize that is a narrow, selfish position, but it is a dog eat dog world in professional sports.

From my perspective of wanting to see all players develop to their maximum potential so that we all can see the best possible hockey played in the NHL, I want Holland to mature and develop properly. I am concerned that if he continues to be used on the fourth line for three - four minutes a game that the Leafs will stifle his growth and that he will never become the player that we all thought he could be at the time that he was drafted. That would be a sad waste of talent.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Putting Holland on a fourth line that plays three - four minutes a game is a waste of his talent and does not let him develop as a player. From my perspective as a Duck fan that is immaterial. All I want is for Holland to play three more games this year so that we get the second round pick, regardless of how it affects Holland. I recognize that is a narrow, selfish position, but it is a dog eat dog world in professional sports.

From my perspective of wanting to see all players develop to their maximum potential so that we all can see the best possible hockey played in the NHL, I want Holland to mature and develop properly. I am concerned that if he continues to be used on the fourth line for three - four minutes a game that the Leafs will stifle his growth and that he will never become the player that we all thought he could be at the time that he was drafted. That would be a sad waste of talent.

well apparently hes going to be moved up to at least the third line today, which is good. I'd rather him on the second line. I think he played very well with Lupul and Raymond there earlier.

He wasnt on the 4th line due to his effort or talent.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
well apparently hes going to be moved up to at least the third line today, which is good. I'd rather him on the second line. I think he played very well with Lupul and Raymond there earlier.

He absolutely needs to play with skilled players or he's wasted.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I looked it up and Holland was 5 out of 7 on Faceoffs. Pretty good numbers. Unfortunately, he was a minus 1. But the team won. So eh?

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Enjoy the 2nd guys, best of luck in developing him. Holland was great today playing on the third line. Great work on the boards and worked hard. If he keeps it up and your pick pans out, could be a pretty good trade for both teams :)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Enjoy the 2nd guys, best of luck in developing him. Holland was great today playing on the third line. Great work on the boards and worked hard. If he keeps it up and your pick pans out, could be a pretty good trade for both teams :)

What can you say about Blacker? The guy is putting up some nice numbers in A - is it common for him to do it on stretches or is he consistent?

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
What can you say about Blacker? The guy is putting up some nice numbers in A - is it common for him to do it on stretches or is he consistent?

It seems like his offense just dried up once he left the OHL, so I assume it's pretty hard to say if this is just him making the most out of a new opportunity or if this is just a good stretch for him.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Yeah, he really didn't do anything like this during his brief time with the Marlies. I don't think we'll know what the answer is till a few of those forwards on the top line graduate.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
They won't send him down again. We're getting a 2nd round pick. He has nothing left to prove in the AHL and I think Nonis now realizes that. He's clearly good enough to be one of the Leafs 4 centers.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Second is all yours and I'm extremely happy about it!!best of luck with developing the second round pick, guys will probably do something good with it.

DaDucks*

2nd is locked up? Cool move this thread to the "ex ducks thread" tip our cap and move on. I'm tired of seeing this thread in top rotation. It's just so small in the realm of ducks hockey

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
2nd is locked up? Cool move this thread to the "ex ducks thread" tip our cap and move on. I'm tired of seeing this thread in top rotation. It's just so small in the realm of ducks hockey

Then block the thread.

Doesnt he need 1 more for it to be secured?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad