Confirmed with Link: Peter Chiarelli New President and GM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2008
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 46s47 seconds ago
I am told only staffing update to Oiler employees this morning was that Patrick LaForge (president/COO) is no longer with the organization.

lucy-football1.jpg

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 36s36 seconds ago

Bob Nicholson getting a lot done in one day. Pat Laforge gone on business side. Lowe out of hockey ops. P)eter Chiarelli hired. More coming

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
He was responsible for a hockey department that made the playoffs in 3 of 14 seasons with 3 GMs (he gave the job to his buddies rather than interviewing)

Nobody really knows how everything went down with all the hirings and such and as i said he did a bad job in that respect. You are literally repeating what i said, i'm not exonerating him.

6 head coaches,

He had one coach as GM. You pretend i'm not blaming him (I am) but yet you're IMO simply exonerating Tambellini and MacTavish from the decisions they made. You can't have you're cake and eat it too, the GM is responsible for coaching hires.

an awful pro scouting department the whole time

Was the pro scouting really bad when he was GM? Seemed to me the Oilers found a lot of diamonds in the rough in Staios, Smith, Spacek, ect... It can be tough to say who's really to blame, is it Pro Scouting or poor GMing, if i was a GM most pro scouting decisions would be my call with the opinions of others having some value. Like i said its fair to assign him some blame, just not the lionshare nor the hate that has come with it.

decided that not having an AHL team is ok

That honestly seems like an ownership decision.

insulted the fans, and acted with an air of arrogance that is entirely undeserved.

He got flustered and said some emotionally charged things that in hindsight were not very wise. Think about it, it happens to us all, it's not rational to hold onto one comment for so long with so much anger. I really don't think he was suggesting fans watching on TV were worthless he just choose some bad words. And quite honestly it's reasonable to expect they value the business of ticket holders a more, especially the season ticket holders, with the ludicrous prices they pay to watch in person it's the least they should expect. They pay to be in a "higher class", that's how the world works. Should he of felt some heat and backlash at those comments, sure, but there comes a point were you're just being closed minded, hate very rarely correlates to a considerate viewpoint.

And this is leaving a bunch of stuff out. The buck does stop with him,

If the buck stops with him what were MacT and Tambi doing? Does hiring Chiarelli really make sense since it was actually Neely in charge and therefore responsible for Boston's success according to your logic?

Also since nobody seems to know this the Smyth trade and the Comrie trade both had a lot to do with EIG, it's a good read i'm sure you can find stuff through Google... A GM represents ownership.

and he deserves this.

Listen i think you need to focus on your reading skills, i'm not saying this to be rude, i'm saying it because i find it annoying that after reading my comment you still managed to not understand what i was saying. I'm telling you he deserves to be fired, but no he doesn't deserve the kind of hate and resentment he's received.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
MOD WARNING

News broke just after 9:00 AM that the short morning update was about Patrick LaForge. Gregor, McKenzie, Rishaug, etc. have confirmed it was for LaForge. Possibly more announcements as the day continues.

Lets continue to go off of confirmed media reports.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 36s36 seconds ago

Bob Nicholson getting a lot done in one day. Pat Laforge gone on business side. Lowe out of hockey ops. P)eter Chiarelli hired. More coming

More coming?

Coach?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
sooo....

Gregor and Ward wrong again? This could ruin their careers.

Come on... Why are people so quick to jump to conclusions? Happens so often here and it's always embarrassing.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
MOD WARNING

News broke just after 9:00 AM that the short morning update was about Patrick LaForge. Gregor, McKenzie, Rishaug, etc. have confirmed it was for LaForge. Possibly more announcements as the day continues.

Lets continue to go off of confirmed media reports.

Cheers to you waking up early to mod over this dude.

I would have left it for someone else. :sarcasm: :laugh:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie · 26s26 seconds ago
I didn't say no more changes coming in EDM, I just reported what staff were told this morning. Chiarelli announcement/fallout to come.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well they certainly know how to build anticipation don't they? :rant:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Don't know much about LaForge really - what's everybody's reactions to him leaving the organization?

Always seemed like a ***** to me. Can't remember what he said or did exactly but i never cared for him and it seemed every time he spoke he annoyed me. I bet he was the guy hassling the Rush over the Battle of Alberta thing.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
team 1260 via through the net is not working for me.

We're sorry, this On-demand content is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes

Don't make me go to CHEDD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad