Peter Chiarelli Done As GM In Edmonton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
With all the exit interviews going on around the league, Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli has been nowhere to be found. Now Oilers Now radio host and unofficial team mouthpiece Bob Stauffer said today on his show to watch out for a "puff of smoke" from Rogers, with a Chiarelli press conference pushed off to later this week. Speculation is that he is about to be fired/kicked upstairs.

If so, a sad day for the Isles and Devils, who Chiarelli did a wonderful job for. His ability to rebuild both franchises at once is impressive.

Last edited:

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
With all the exit interviews going on around the league, Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli has been nowhere to be found. Now Oilers Now radio host and unofficial team mouthpiece Bob Stauffer said today on his show to watch out for a "puff of smoke" from Rogers, with a Chiarelli press conference pushed off to later this week. Speculation is that he is about to be fired/kicked upstairs.

If so, a sad day for the Isles and Devils, who Chiarelli did a wonderful job for.
All I got from this is he is now promoted upstairs. No more grind It out in a GM role to fix his mess, Sit around and eat while getting paid ? Where do I apply ? Maybe i can trade McDavid , they might give me part ownership in the franchise!

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
You know the "puff of smoke" could mean anything. What if Stauffer was referring to TMac?

I won't believe Chia is gone until it's official.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Maybe snow quits comes to Edmonton, then Chiarelli leaves Edmonton they switch....and then Snow can fleece him for Barzal....and Eberle ?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Puff of smoke hints at a new GM being found. Did they interview anyone qualified?

Chiarelli was hired days after he was fired while MacT was still GM. No interview process for other candidates. MacT, Tambi, Lowe... all hired without an interview process with other Candidates.

McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Larsson, Nurse, Klefbom, Bear, Jones and a high pick in this draft. So much talent there that I'm sure so many qualified men would love to build around and would have a great vision for!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

If so, a sad day for the Isles and Devils, who Chiarelli did a wonderful job for. His ability to rebuild both franchises at once is impressive.

The Isles finished two points ahead of the Oilers. I’d hardly call their rebuild finished.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Nicely done
2 likes if I could

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The right GM could turn this team into a cup contender almost overnight with the pieces we have in place.

Scoring winger, 3/4 RHD with some powerplay ability, and a backup that doesn’t suck.

Reactions: McFlash97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad