Petan into the lineup - WHEN

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I think we all know what Gauthier is all about. I like what Babcock and management have done the past couple of years. They integrated players like Kapanen and Johnsson into the lineup for the last quarter of the season prior to playoffs. And its played dividends.

They have already incorporated Moore into the lineup but I think this is because of Kadri's absence. Personally I think he brings a lot to the game that a player like Brown does not. My hope is he remains in the lineup when Kadri comes back and its Brown that sits. Send Brown a message that he needs to bang and hit more.

With that said, I would like to see Petan replace Gautheir for a stretch of games. I want to see what this kid is made of. Word is he has speed, skill and grit.

Thoughts.

Reactions: Cobra777

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Babcock won't sit Brown
And Gauthier is 6'5 every day :)

I'd like to see it too. I'd also like to see Marchment given a shot, but who sits?

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Brown is really bad right now. He's only decent for PK'ing right now, but do we have someone else that can do that and Babcock would trust? I don't think so. So although it sucks, I don't see Brown sitting down and as of now, I think he's the only one I would sit Petan for.

It sucks even more because Petan with Nylander is really intriguing to me.

As for GOAT, I'm not sure Babs would trust Petan at center, so highly doubt he sits.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Imagine he'll draw into the lineup at some point, even just to have a look at the new player and where/how he fits in, for the now and possibly also for the future.

Suppose Ennis could be the lineup casualty since I believe Petan is primarily a LW, but Babcock hasn't always been shy about playing some wingers on their off wing at times.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I would guess petan will play if there are injuries or if it is the last game of the season where half of the lineup will sit.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I think he said something about wanting Muzzin or Nylander to ideally have a week of practice before he hits the ice. I assume the same applies to Petan.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Give him a shot on wing with Matthews or have him center the third line with Nylander and see what he can do. Then move him down the line up from there. It seemed to work for Ennis.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Lol @ thinking Babcock is going to play him.

Petan will have to wait for an injury to get in, I think.

I would like see what he can do.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Unless Petan can be a Brad Marchand style pest for us, I'm not sure what his 5'9" frame will do for us in those heavy games we always have problems with.

I like the reclamation project mentality, but looking more at guys like Sam Bennett, etc.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Why would anyone think pulling the GOAT while he's finally playing NHL-calibre hockey after how many years?? He's arguably never played better as a Leaf, you ride this until it stops before pulling him again.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Why would anyone think pulling the GOAT while he's finally playing NHL-calibre hockey after how many years?? He's arguably never played better as a Leaf, you ride this until it stops before pulling him again.
I actually think Goat is a by product of Moore and Ennis, not a coincidence he suddenly looks okay. For my money those two were driving the line, although Goat does look passable.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think we all know what Gauthier is all about. I like what Babcock and management have done the past couple of years. They integrated players like Kapanen and Johnsson into the lineup for the last quarter of the season prior to playoffs. And its played dividends.

They have already incorporated Moore into the lineup but I think this is because of Kadri's absence. Personally I think he brings a lot to the game that a player like Brown does not. My hope is he remains in the lineup when Kadri comes back and its Brown that sits. Send Brown a message that he needs to bang and hit more.

With that said, I would like to see Petan replace Gautheir for a stretch of games. I want to see what this kid is made of. Word is he has speed, skill and grit.

Thoughts.

Petan is a pure winger these days. Nobody is replacing Gauthier. Trading Lindholm was Babcock's way of saying he trusts him to be the full time 4C, and with the way he has been playing this season (and especially recently), he has earned it.

Ennis is coming out, and that is perfectly fine. Let him, Moore and Ennis fight for playing time for the rest of the year. That should make Ennis work that much harder to be consistent, because he knows he is the least likely to be around next year, and his NHL future is at the greatest risk.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Doubt he'll get many more games unless the 4th line implodes or he blows the doors off in his opportunities. Moore-Goat-Ennis is usually very effective.

Hope he does well though, it's always good to have more skill in our depth.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba

Thoughts.

You get your wish. He is in tonight.

As a Jets fan, I will be cheering for him, always liked him. But sorry to burst your bubble - but he has NO speed or grit. Great passer.....but that is all he really has that is NHL level. Good luck however, see the Bud's in the SCF!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad