Personal goals for your team next year

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
So naturally it's every team's desire to win the cup at the beginning of the season. Of course, some teams know it's very unlikely that they'll be in contention.

What would you personally like to see your team achieve next season? (aside from winning the cup)

For the rangers I'd like to see Buchnevich get top line minutes consistently. As the playoffs seem out of reach unless alot of things click and go right for us, I'd also like to see some personal success for some of our players. Maybe a Vezina nomination or even a win for hank or a Calder run for Chytil, although that will be a hard one to win for the next few years with the ridiculous talent coming into the league

Reactions: Silky mitts

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Likely goal: Win at least 1 playoff round
Realistic goal: win division
Unrealistic goal: make finals/win cup

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Finish 8th place and get swept in the first round... not fire RC, and keep the team together because were good enough to make playoffs but not good enough to do anything there, which means well continue to bank later draft picks, repeat this until our defense and goalie cant carry us to 8th place any longer and our prospect pool lacks elite talent because were not bad enough to get higher picks.

Reactions: BringTheReign

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
1. Be in the division race until the end of the season with Tampa.

2. Win a playoff round or two.

3. Develop our RD: Carrick Liljegren Ozhiganov and Holl

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
:caps

Aside from trying to repeat and win another Cup, I'd like to see some things from these individual players:
  • Tom Wilson flirt with 20 goals while playing on the top line with Ovie and Kuzy.
  • Andre Burakovsky stay healthy and show some consistency. He has the talent to score 30 but he's oft injured and always inconsistent.
  • Jakob Vrana 20+25 playing full-time top 6 minutes.
  • Evgeni Kuznetsov challenge for the Art Ross.
I want to see what the next generation of young talent can do with more ice time and better linemates.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath

Aside from trying to repeat and win another Cup, I'd like to see some things from these individual players:
  • Tom Wilson flirt with 20 goals while playing on the top line with Ovie and Kuzy.
  • Andre Burakovsky stay healthy and show some consistency. He has the talent to score 30 but he's oft injured and always inconsistent.
I want to see what the next generation of young talent can do with more ice time and better linemates.

Just out of curiosity which do you think is most likely to happen?

I'd probably bet on Wilson but you'd know better than I would

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Just out of curiosity which do you think is most likely to happen?

I'd probably bet on Wilson but you'd know better than I would

Wilson and Vrana are neck and neck in terms of likelihood, in my opinion. There's no way to tell yet with Rierden as the new coach if he'll keep the same lineups or if he views players differently than Trotz did. I think Wilson and Vrana both are the most likely to achieve those goals but Vrana is less likely to receive consistent top 6 minutes seeing as he really only started playing in the top 6 in the final rounds of the playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me to see him and Burakovsky flip flop between the 2nd and 3rd lines this upcoming season but if he's given consistent top 6 minutes I think he could be a breakout candidate.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

I was going to put see if Vrana could get 30+ on the top 6 so I’m bullish on that

Also see getting Holtby back on track is a priority, he puts up another 909 regular season the succession plan may be moved up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad