Perron on the market is bad news for a handful of reasons

stompinstoms

Sep 1, 2014
Vancouver
Last edited:

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Strong piece. I think you could have shortened it a bit at times, but overall strong analysis.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Regarding the blogger cited, Petry, Marcinin and Perron should fetch a top 6 centre IMO

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Yes, but then you're taking away two of our top-three D-men in the process. That's a little bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul, no?

Throughout history most trades with a buyer and a seller, its usually a top player for futures. I can't see teams in contention to make a splash to sell their centremen depth. Realistically the Oilers will have to part with picks, prospects, or young NHLers who haven't quite established value equal to a team who is out of contention. I also think guys like Nurse, Drasaitl, 2016 first rounder, etc. would yield a top 6 centre before Perron.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If you’re looking to get a center for Perron, a more realistic return is Kyle Brodziak and a fourth-round pick from Minnesota, or something in that ball park.

:facepalm:

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter

I don't think he's that far off. I think the point is, no GM is going to come ridding in on a white horse and save the Oilers by giving them an undisputed first line center for Perron. I like Perron, but any trade involving him is going to be a trade that the Oilers will lose, no doubt.

DarkSaturn

Sep 10, 2008
Number of NHL players scoring more goals than David Perron last year.... 25.

Value of David Perron according to this article... 4th line center.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
I've said it a million times since last November but I'll say it again....

NO MORE PLAYER TRADES UNTIL WE SEE WHAT THE PLAYERS LOOK LIKE WITH AN ACTUAL COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20 PLAYERS DON'T ALL START TO SUCK AT THE SAME TIME BY COINCIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MacT and Eakins are a gaping hole in the side of this ship and no matter how much they shuffle the deck chairs the direction we're headed won't change.

stompinstoms

Sep 1, 2014
Vancouver
Number of NHL players scoring more goals than David Perron last year.... 25.

Value of David Perron according to this article... 4th line center.

I'm not suggesting his value is equal to that of a fourth-line center.

I'm just suggesting that Brodziak and a pick is a reasonable expectation for Perron, should he be dealt within the next couple of weeks or so.

Craig MacTavish is dealing from a position of weakness, and that hardly ever works well in the long run.

If your house is on fire and your neighbour sells fire extinguishers, you'll probably overpay for one right then and there. That's the situation MacT finds himself in.

Had he shopped for a fire extinguisher (a center) before his house caught fire (the offseason), then he would probably get one at fair market price.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
I think you're right about what kind of player Perron can fetch right now but with the signing of Pouliot, Perron is as good as gone after next year.

He will need to be moved unless we want to waste another asset but can we really expect his value to get much higher?

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
the Oilers need to consolidate the underperforming who have value into a lone player - we need vets who can perform and aren't afraid to put baby in the corner so to speak.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Yes, let's trade one of the few people in the entire franchise that still wants to win and actually has some idea of what has to be done.

I hope Lowe and MacT ruin their legacies to the point where this is what people remember them for.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00