Perlini good again. He makes team
Skinner played great
Benson, McLeod , and Marody not bringing it at all
That about sum it up?

bottom 6
Kassian Ryan Foegele
Perlini. Xxx yyy

we need Archie back in a bad way.
McLeod was phenomenal defensively he broke up a bunch of plays that looked like they had the potential to be dangerous, was in the correct passing lanes, great help defense down low, and unlike a lot of defensive players who specialize in it, he wasn't just turtling up he showed the ability to transition the puck from the defensive end to the offensive end, once in the offensive end though he's just not making the kind of plays that are likely to translate to offense.

Sceviour looks like our best bet at filling Archie's niche/role at even strength, PK I'm less sure of, but overall all of our wingers who were potentially going to replace him look like very clear downgrades. Perlini I don't consider competition for Archie's job cause he just fills an entirely different niche.

Reactions: Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I think we had the benefit of the calls all night. They scored late when they pulled the goalie and scored again in ot with a weak one. They had the backup in net for the third and we couldn't get it done.

Giordano is going to be their best player even if he doesn't pile up the points. The guy is still money.

Skinner made up for it in the shootout and a pretty good effort overall. But there was a lot of perimeter shots he faced so don't get overly excited.

Good game.

After watching Gio in that game I can’t help but laugh at dumb Flames fans that have convinced themselves he actually isn’t that good anymore and isn’t a major loss.

There is nobody on their blue line that can remotely sniff what he can do. Not even close.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
McLeod was phenomenal defensively he broke up a bunch of plays that looked like they had the potential to be dangerous, was in the correct passing lanes, great help defense down low, and unlike a lot of defensive players who specialize in it, he wasn't just turtling up he showed the ability to transition the puck from the defensive end to the offensive end, once in the offensive end though he's just not making the kind of plays that are likely to translate to offense.

Sceviour looks like our best bet at filling Archie's niche/role at even strength, PK I'm less sure of, but overall all of our wingers who were potentially going to replace him look like very clear downgrades. Perlini I don't consider competition for Archie's job cause he just fills an entirely different niche.
Thx
Where u figure Perlini fits ?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sometimes things fall through, it's not like you paid for anything.

And my point about the broadcast crew was not about play by play announcers or presenters; it was about camera operators, sound techs etc. The Oilers don't have control over what other teams do in their arenas during preseason. If seattle didn't provide a feed, then the Oilers are SoL even if they figured they'd be able stream live ahead of time.

Gonna disagree with this. My introduction to the amazing world brought to us by Satellite is being able to watch moon missions and landings live. Being able to wath Canada Russia series broadcast around the world live. Ditto Olympics, world cups etc.

In 2021 they can't rectify a feed problem in real time or at least within the space of 3hrs of the broadcast? Thats inane, and theres no plausible exceuse for it. The game was broadcast on NBC. All it takes is some dilligence. Which the Oilers org have none of. It wasn't till 7:45 that the Oilers put up even a link to the game. Despite saying they would. It wasn't even the front page live screen link either. It was Tom Gazola, perhaps recognizing that nobody even put up the link giving it within the game page. You had to go to the game page to see the link that didn't work all night.

This is the Oilers that historically dont' even care enough about their fanbase to ensure coverage of camp, exhibition games, scrimmages etc which other teams do. This is an org that says they care about the Tier 1 fans. Everybody else can pound sand.

This was an interesting game that would have had a big draw. The Oilers playing a new expansion franchise that had dressed their A team and with a lot of Oilers prospects and developing players playing in this one.

Finally, yes a lot of us pay for this coverage. Fairly dearly. Taxpayers also subsidized the new Arena for the Oilers to even continue to exist here. People pay. Whether they want to or not.

Last edited:

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
It is very early and we have seen training camp heroes bust when the real season starts but....

What does our lineup look like if we had a 2nd line of Perlini - Drai - Yams?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Oilers aren't sending broadcast crews to road arenas during the preseason. They are usually tapping into scoreboard feeds franchises showcase to their fans, and since Seattle is still a new franchise with a limited broadcast crew and were playing in a WHL building that probably doesn't have a multi-million dollar scoreboard that they can display action in real time; there probably wasn't a feed for the Oilers to tap into.

There was coverage from a local TV network, but I can imagine there would be legal issues with streaming that feed on the oilers website.

Not exactly an "oilers screwed up" situation

So what prevents the Oilers org from anticipating a problem, then ensuring that the relative cable providers provide coverage of the game, and have this set up in advance.

What typically occurs in such instances is that a game is put on the Shaw PPV tier, with access to that channel free given that Shaw doesn't have the King Seattle feed, but pay for NBC and timeshifting. Either arrange to do that or indicate to Snet the difficulty and for them to put the damn game on one of their tiers, which they have proprietary rights to. I mean every other Canadian team have been able to watch multiple scheduled games on TV thus far. The Oilers have had none.

Reactions: Biltmore

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It is very early and we have seen training camp heroes bust when the real season starts but....

Would look like Drai having the puck all the time. If Perlini is dropped in there it has to be with a skill guy like Nuge that can possess the puck in ownzone. Yama rarely has the puck offensively, Perlini is more of a one touch scorer. He's not somebody that carries the puck a lot.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Stop excusing this bullshit. Leafs fans will be able to watch all their pre-season games in full HD. Don't act like you are some sort of expert on broadcasting and there's no way for it to be done, there obviously is a way. Also still conveniently ignoring the fact this game was advertised as LIVE and FREE on Oilers TV. Yeh shit happened, to a joke ass, unprepared organization that couldn't figure out how to let their fans watch their team.

Couldn't figure out might be damning with praise. For reasons I've mentioned its more the case that the Oilers org didn't even care to have a drop of due dilligence to rectify the situation, that would have been predictable well in advance.

I mean I would assume the Oilers didn't even contact Seattle Kraken to see what was happening with respect to stream. The Oilers as mentioned didn't even link it on a 2nd page until 7:45 so signalling they were prepared to drop the ball. The Oilers didn't even recognize the feed wasn't occuring until half way into the broadcast.

The Oilers org had the embarrassment of even their radio broadcast saying repeatedly that the game wasn't streamed. Journalists also pointing this out. I shouldn't say embarrass however. Nothing would have that effect on this org. Quite clearly. There was nobody home monitoring, and nobody cared. That would be the likely Oilers org motto. Lets let an expansion club arrange everything instead of taking leadership on a predictable problem.

I mean this is an expansion club trying to gain audience. Maybe let them know anybody outside of Seattle NBCKing coverage wasn't getting the game.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I haven't seen the games but the consensus on the site seems to be that Perlini, Skinner and Konovalov have been the pleasant surprises thus far --and that said the Oilers have been desperate for some young goaltenders (with real NHL potential) and bottom 6 scoring so I see this as encouraging. Looking forward to the season.

Reactions: Czechboy

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

I think the Oilers have McLeod penciled in at 4C and the way Ryan has looked, he’s capable of 3C, although I see your point and I’ve suggested a Foegele-Nuge-Kassian line as well.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003

I would think he would take Yams spot on that line.

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hopkins-Draisatl-Perlini
Foegele-Ryan-Yamamoto
Scevior-McLeod-Kassian
Shore/Turris/Benson

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hopkins-Draisatl-Perlini
Foegele-Ryan-Yamamoto
Scevior-McLeod-Kassian
Shore/Turris/Benson

Has Perlini played RW at all at this camp?

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hopkins-Draisatl-Perlini
Foegele-Ryan-Yamamoto
Scevior-McLeod-Kassian
Shore/Turris/Benson
Perlini can't defend at his natural wing let alone his off wing.

BamaOil

Nov 18, 2018
Benson 0 shots
McLeod 0 shots
Marody 0 shots

I know that's a somewhat shallow way to look at it... but cmon... these guys gotta put something on the board to show they want a roster spot.

Perlini 4 shots and a goal. He wants a spot and is taking one.

Well...those three players have never shown anything, ever, so it's not surprising. Specifically, I've never understood the love for Benson. I just don't see what that player provides. He's always been entirety invisible.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Thx
Where u figure Perlini fits ?
Not sure, I want to see a couple games where both teams are icing close to their full line0up to decide, though in saying that I'm pretty sure the McDavid line will stay untouched unless its struggling in the regular season and I think Perlini's skill set is ill suited for a tough o-zone line, so that narrows it down to the 2 remaining lines.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
After watching Gio in that game I can’t help but laugh at dumb Flames fans that have convinced themselves he actually isn’t that good anymore and isn’t a major loss.

There is nobody on their blue line that can remotely sniff what he can do. Not even close.

They think that Kylington is their ‘stud’ 1D in waiting (and no, not just OKG anymore). Let’s just say, I hope he does end up being their 1D :sarcasm:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Well...those three players have never shown anything, ever, so it's not surprising. Specifically, I've never understood the love for Benson. I just don't see what that player provides. He's always been entirety invisible.

I think the love for the player is more about that he’s a local kid that many of us watched play hockey growing up, and hoping that he would turn out, and be the local boy turned out great story, but you’re not wrong in saying that he has been unimpressive so far. Based on his play so far, he’s not a player I feel comfortable with as a regular on the team. Similar to so many other 4th liners we’ve had in the past, just sort of there, not noticeable in any significant way. Still hoping he turns out to be a player, but not holding my breath.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad