Post-Game Talk: Perls of Wisdom

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
s61K08G.jpg
You’ve joined the tier of my favourite Posters. Yes there are many, but I always have room for more good, funny people.

Meme in honour of your byline….

9B528E25-1B16-4A72-AC14-6B8798AE0DF2.jpeg

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I should send him the link to my crappy youtube stream made with a $50 webcam... beats a multi-hundred million dollar org's IT capacity apparently.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Malone looked better than these 3 and Sceviour.

That was the case in the AHL too on some nights. Malone and Cracknell sometimes stepped up and led the Condors to victories.

For those who didn't know Benson was so chippy - really? I personally don't think he should get involved as it detracts from what he should be doing on ice which is making plays and scoring.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Friggin Reid Wilkins and the Inside Sports team couldn't even watch the game. Guess were the Mickey Mouse organization now, what a joke.

The Oilers aren't sending broadcast crews to road arenas during the preseason. They are usually tapping into scoreboard feeds franchises showcase to their fans, and since Seattle is still a new franchise with a limited broadcast crew and were playing in a WHL building that probably doesn't have a multi-million dollar scoreboard that they can display action in real time; there probably wasn't a feed for the Oilers to tap into.

There was coverage from a local TV network, but I can imagine there would be legal issues with streaming that feed on the oilers website.

Not exactly an "oilers screwed up" situation

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Perlini
Shore
Bourgault
Malone
Archibald

That's probably the best 5 to add to the roster based on performances during this camp (and one guy that's literally screwing himself over but would still be a better option than others so far in camp).

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Skinner was great tonight, I think this was a more impressive performance than our first 2 preseason shutouts.

I thought Yamo was good, winning the majority of puck battles and set up quite a few people, not sure the coaches got what they wanted out of him tonight, he played the same way he does with RNH & Drai deferring to his linemates a lot, playing with lesser talents I'm guessing the coaches wanted to see him be more of an offensive catalyst for his line and try to do more himself.

D. Ryan was quite underwhelming in the offensive zone.

Benson and Marody were again not good enough, I thought Marody was a touch better on the whole tonight, not that it matters neither deserves to stay up any longer, though it wouldn't surprise me if Benson stays up a bit longer to see if any other team wants to trade for him.

Perlini keeps scoring and confirmed by suspicion that he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing in the defensive zone. He'll need to be sheltered with a zone start bias, but if he keeps playing like this maybe he can chip in 20 goals from the bottom 6.

A lot of promising D prospects only need a half of a season in the AHL to adjust and become NHL ready, I don't think that will be the case for Broberg he looks like he needs a full AHL season at minimum.

McLeod again underwhelms in the offensive zone, but tonight was a fantastic defensive performance seemed to always be in great position interrupted multiple plays and did a good job transitioning the puck from the defensive zone into opposing offensive zone, but once there reminded me of RNH when he lost his offensive confidence he's constantly supporting the play from a defensive posture.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Oilers aren't sending broadcast crews to road arenas during the preseason. They are usually tapping into scoreboard feeds franchises showcase to their fans, and since Seattle is still a new franchise with a limited broadcast crew and were playing in a WHL building that probably doesn't have a multi-million dollar scoreboard that they can display action in real time; there probably wasn't a feed for the Oilers to tap into.

There was coverage from a local TV network, but I can imagine there would be legal issues with streaming that feed on the oilers website.

The Oilers promised a stream. Right on their website. If at any point before this game, you Googled how to watch this game you'd be told specifically that you could watch it LIVE on Oilers TV. If you listened to any Oilers radio pre-game you'd be told you could watch it LIVE on Oilers TV. Nowhere did it mention that it'd be available on some random Telus channel only for Telus subscribers, people had to find that out on the fly. This most definitely was a f*** up tonight.

You don't need to send a broadcast crew down to get the game shown. Inside Sports are never at the game, they do the post game, Bob and Jack get sent to the games. Who cares who's calling the game though, I just want to watch it. I expect in this day and age I'd be able to watch all the games, pre-season included. It's a joke and should not be excused.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Man Oilers looked soft. Seattle ran us and Malone was our toughest guy on the ice tonight.

Once the real season starts we only have Kass and Nurse to answer the bell.
Hopefully it doesn't cost us during the playoffs

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Man Oilers looked soft. Seattle ran us and Malone was our toughest guy on the ice tonight.

Once the real season starts we only have Kass and Nurse to answer the bell.
Hopefully it doesn't cost us during the playoffs

It's also pre-season, I really don't want to lose a guy to injury in a meaningless game.

Reactions: smokersarejokers

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
The Oilers promised a stream. Right on their website. If at any point before this game, you Googled how to watch this game you'd be told specifically that you could watch it LIVE on Oilers TV. If you listened to any Oilers radio pre-game you'd be told you could watch it LIVE on Oilers TV. Nowhere did it mention that it'd be available on some random Telus channel only for Telus subscribers, people had to find that out on the fly. This most definitely was a f*** up tonight.

You don't need to send a broadcast crew down to get the game shown. Who cares who's calling the game, I just want to watch it. I expect in this day and age I'd be able to watch all the games, pre-season included. It's a joke and should not be excused.

Sometimes things fall through, it's not like you paid for anything.

And my point about the broadcast crew was not about play by play announcers or presenters; it was about camera operators, sound techs etc. The Oilers don't have control over what other teams do in their arenas during preseason. If seattle didn't provide a feed, then the Oilers are SoL even if they figured they'd be able stream live ahead of time.

Reactions: TB12

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sometimes things fall through, it's not like you paid for anything.

And my point about the broadcast crew was not about play by play announcers or presenters; it was about camera operators, sound techs etc. The Oilers don't have control over what other teams do in their arenas during preseason. If seattle didn't provide a feed, then the Oilers are SoL even if they figured they'd be able stream is live ahead of time.

Stop excusing this bullshit. Leafs fans will be able to watch all their pre-season games in full HD. Don't act like you are some sort of expert on broadcasting and there's no way for it to be done, there obviously is a way. Also still conveniently ignoring the fact this game was advertised as LIVE and FREE on Oilers TV. Yeh shit happened, to a joke ass, unprepared organization that couldn't figure out how to let their fans watch their team.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Stop excusing this bullshit. Leafs fans will be able to watch all their pre-season games in full HD. Don't act like you are some sort of expert on broadcasting and there's no way for it to be done, there obviously is a way. Also still conveniently ignoring the fact this game was advertised as LIVE and FREE on Oilers TV. Yeh shit happened, to a joke ass, unprepared organization that couldn't figure out how to let their fans watch their team.

I didn't ignore anything. It's covered under the "things fall through" statement

The leafs are owned by the largest sports broadcaster(and current NHL rights holders) in Canada. They're always going to get that kind of preferential treatment.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I didn't ignore anything. It's covered under the "things fall through" statement

The leafs are owned by the largest sports broadcaster(and current NHL rights holders) in Canada. They're always going to get that kind of preferential treatment.
Things fall though if you don’t have your shit together. I would expect a multi million dollar organization with literally 40plus years of experience in delivering games to its fans to not have things fall through in such an unprofessional manner. You expectations must be lower, doesn’t mean your point is valid.

Your also cool with the Leafs preferential treatment. I’m not. Also, pretty sure Jets fans don’t have their games “fall through” and they don’t have any preferential treatment.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Also if Telus can ever get their Fibre internet into my area then I'm switching from Shaw. Get on it, Telus.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Yes more of a "well its Friday and we'd have to try hard" situation

If it were a big market game or a targeted growth market the nhl would have figured it out. The game was broadcasted

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Hard effort against their NHL roster. Skinner looks good

Some foresight maybe:
Perlini ends up in the top 6
Benson makes the roster (13th forward)
McLeod and Broberg Bako bound
Marody gets claimed on waivers

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

It’s 100% an Oilers screwed up issue. What do you think the NBC Seattle team is going to charge you to tap into their preseason feed? It’s a low-budget presentation that they pretty much look to have used to practice broadcasting. The issue is the org doesn’t care about providing services they can’t monetize. It’s disrespectful to the fan base who actually deeply care about the team. They make enough money off us to justify a phone call to the NBC-SW affiliate. They don’t take it seriously, they prove it year after year.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Stop excusing this bullshit. ....Yeh shit happened, to a joke ass, unprepared organization that couldn't figure out how to let their fans watch their team.

You’re taking this way to seriously. It’s a neutral-site preseason game. Why you hef to be so mad?

Reactions: TB12 and rhino71

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Missed the game
Reading the comments :
Perlini good again. He makes team
Skinner played great
Benson, McLeod , and Marody not bringing it at all
That about sum it up?

bottom 6
Kassian Ryan Foegele
Perlini. Xxx yyy