GDT: Perds @ Abes | 4pm MT | High Effort Emergency GDT

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Bednar is keep saying Justus is gonna get more starts if he plays well like this, but so far that’s not happening. Gotta go with Annunen again the next game, and if he has another solid game, go with him again the following game. Give Georgiev something to think about. Be better or lose the starter job. Having said that, watch Bednar go with Georgiev again vs Columbus on Monday

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What are the chances Justus can actually become a starter next year, then the Avs can trade Georgiev which will help to resign Drouin and get a cheap back up
This is sort of the direction I'd be looking to go...

Not necessarily all the way in on Annunen as the starter, but swap George out for another unproven starter that makes less money.

I'd be looking to make a trade with Arizona for Ingram, or San Jose and Blackwood.

Georgiev + 2024 1st for Ingram + one of Arizona's 2nd round picks. Saves us $1.5M in cap space and then would lock in Annunen/Ingram as the goalie duo for the next 2 years.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Bednar is keep saying Justus is gonna get more starts if he plays well like this, but so far that’s not happening. Gotta go with Annunen again the next game, and if he has another solid game, go with him again the following game. Give Georgiev something to think about. Be better or lose the starter job. Having said that, watch Bednar go with Georgiev again vs Columbus on Monday
Yeah, I think it would be very easy to start Annunen on Monday. Bednar just has to say it was a scheduled start for him. They've been going two for Georgie, one for Annunen for a while, and this would be the third game and against a weaker opponent, so I would guess he was going to start that one anyway. That gives Georgiev five days to reset himself before a softer game against a mediocre team on Thursday. Bednar has to do everything he can to get him feeling more confident down the stretch. If he can't get it together, you just have to hope Justus pulls off a miracle run.

Reactions: the_fan

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
You guys 5 weeks or so ago wanted to shoot Justus to the moon. Now you want him to start more and push Georgie out of a job. And yet you tell us you know how to run a team better than the GM. Ok.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You guys 5 weeks or so ago wanted to shoot Justus to the moon. Now you want him to start more and push Georgie out of a job. And yet you tell us you know how to run a team better than the GM. Ok.
Just go with whoever is playing better and right now it’s Annunen

Reactions: missionAvs

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We could be a couple more bad Georgiev starts from finding out
How many more 4 goal games against is it going to take?
In 58 starts this season Fourgiev has allowed 4 goals against or more 21 times.
Hes allowed 3 goals or more 33 times.

I suppose one way of looking at this shitty goaltending is that the Avs have had to outscore their problem which has led to the greatest regular season by an Av ever with Mackinnon. Does Mackinnon have an MVP season if not for Fourgiev being garbage? Maybe not.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
How many more 4 goal games against is it going to take?
In 58 starts this season Fourgiev has allowed 4 goals against or more 21 times.
Hes allowed 3 goals or more 33 times.

I suppose one way of looking at this shitty goaltending is that the Avs have had to outscore their problem which has led to the greatest regular season by an Av ever with Mackinnon. Does Mackinnon have an MVP season if not for Fourgiev being garbage? Maybe not.

Great for Mack’s big season, shit for playoffs. Georgiev is making Kuemper’s run with the Avs look like prime Brodeur

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
We better pray that Justus is ready to roll in the playoffs and can hold the fort just good enough to give us a shot.....

Not getting a goalie at the Deadline could really bite us in the ass......

Throwing a tantrum, not being a teamplayer, sorry Mr. Georgiev.... You can do this shit if your name is Patrick Roy and you bail your team out whenever it is needed......

Avoiding Nashville after this is not the worst thing (although i think this play is by them is not sustainable, especially in the playoffs).

Like i said: At this point getting and staying healthy is the most important thing... I really fear those games against Dallas and Vegas and the cheapshots coming our way....

Reactions: xAvsx89

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I get it, but has anyone won the Cup with a rookie mystery box goalie with so few NHL games?
1711884345225.png

(28GP)
1711884423070.png

(6GP)

1711884478067.png

(48GP)

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Annunen has only been with the team since the All-Star break and has more starts than Prosvetov had in the previous 4 months. He's definitely been getting a look.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
It's funny how our goalies suck when giving up goals on deflections, perfect shots (corners, bar down, post and in), and straight-up lucky bounces.

But when our team does the same to opposing goalies (7 times yesterday), it's only because our guys are the most awesome players on the planet (granted this is true in the case of MacKinnon and Makar) who are beating goalies who combine the best traits of Roy, the *great* Billy Smith, and prime Dominic Hasek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad