Percy vs. Loov vs. Harrington

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The answer is...

Dermott. Truth is Percy is still in question but likely has an NHL future. Some say top 4 but meh. Dermott is the best of the lot.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Percy is the safe pick to make the NHL but Loov has the most upside IMO. I think Loov is a darkhorse to be a good NHL player.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
I think Loov-Nillson will be a future D-man pairing for us. Probably 3rd line with Gardiner and Percy on the 2nd and Rielly and Phaneuf on the top.

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
I'm not sure why we're talking about these three players in particular... Harrington is a good all around defenseman and will likely be an NHL player in time... guys that don't play a flashy offensive game sometimes take a while to establish themselves... Babcock is known to favour good puck handlers on the back-end. Percy's skill set should make him a good candidate to play on a Babcock team... I do worry that he's gotten hurt fairly often since he was drafted. Loov probably has the best physical tools... in time he could be an effective hitter who contributes offensively as well... but he made a lot of mistakes as a rookie on the Marlies last year.

Though he's not a threat to make the Leafs for another year or two, Dermott probably has as much or more potential than any of the three d-men listed in this thread title. I also expect Matt Finn to step forward substantially this year with the Marlies... that has been his pattern in his second try at previous levels.

As I mentioned earlier in another thread... I think that Rinat Valiev has the best NHL potential of all the the defensemen in the Leafs' pipeline. He's already got a man's body... and plays a very solid overall game. Reminds me a lot of Dmitri Yushkevich (fortunately without the chronic knee problems).

Last edited:

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I'm not sure why we're talking about these three players in particular... Harrington is a good all around defenseman and will likely be an NHL player in time... guys that don't play a flashy offensive game sometimes take a while to establish themselves... Babcock is known to favour good puck handlers on the back-end. Percy's skill set should make him a good candidate to play on a Babcock team... I do worry that he's gotten hurt fairly often since he was drafted. Loov probably has the best physical tools... in time he could be an effective hitter who contributes offensively as well... but he made a lot of mistakes as a rookie on the Marlies last year.

Though he's not a threat to make the Leafs for another year or two, Dermott probably has as much or more potential than any of the three d-men listed in this thread title. I also expect Matt Finn to step forward substantially this year with the Marlies... that has been his pattern in his second try at previous levels.

As I mentioned earlier in another thread... I think that Rinat Valiev has the best NHL potential of all the the defensemen in the Leafs' pipeline. He's already got a man's body... and plays a very solid overall game. Reminds me a lot of Dmitri Yushkevich (fortunately without the chronic knee problems).

Picked these 3 because their age and current situation is similar.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Loov is big, physical, good skater, high hockey IQ, accurate shot. He'll be a 2nd pairing dman on the Leafs for a long time. I take him over Percy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad