Percy vs. Loov vs. Harrington

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Probably Percy. I have a feeling the better of Loov or Harrington will become our future bottom pairing LHD to go with the best of Nielsen, Lindgren, Nilsson, Granberg and Donaghey in our bottom 4. Percy will likely become the 3D of the future.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
i see percy as being the best of the three as well, but loov has stood out in 2 consecutive prospects camps in a row and he may bring an edge that the other two cant which may make him more valuable, as for harrington im not sure he seems less psychical then loov and less offensive then percy, kind of like a middle of the two

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
Percy.
If he improves his skating and quickness enough I can definitely see him on top pairing and excell in all situations.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Percy for sure. Looked great in his stint last season, hopefully more to come this season. Loov is hard to predict right now, imo he's far from ready so hard to tell how he will translate in the nhl. No idea on harrington tbh

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Loov honestly has the best overall package and skillset but is least likely to reach his potential.

Harrington is the opposite.

Percy is in the middle. Thinks the game at the highest level but his skating and strength need work. He's alo injury-prone.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Haven't seen enough of Harrington to be definitive. Is he a Holzer or the next Yuskevich?

He could make the starting lineup or play all year on the Marlies. Who knows.

All I know from trying to read reports on the guy is that he was a dominant "stay at home" dman in the AHL last year but not ready to jump to the NHL quite yet.

It's definitely Percy>Loov though ATM even with Percy's injury woes.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Unless something dramatic happens, Percy is better than both of them and I won't be surprise if Percy makes the Leafs right away.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Loov honestly has the best overall package and skillset but is least likely to reach his potential.

Harrington is the opposite.

Percy is in the middle. Thinks the game at the highest level but his skating and strength need work. He's alo injury-prone.

These are my thoughts as well.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I think Percy has a good chance to be a good 2nd pairing dman, while IMO Harrington and Loov are both most likely bottom pairing dmen or career AHLers. Anything could happen, but my money's on Percy being the best of the 3, though I do worry a bit about him being injury prone.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Loov is boom/bust. Boom, he's a top pairing defenceman who plays a 2-way game, hits hard and leads by example.

Percy is at best a top 4, but is most likely a top 6 defenceman. Jack of all trades master of none.

Harrington is pretty much like a Granberg but better. He's a guaranteed bottom pairing guy, but isn't a bad player. He just doesn't excel offensively. Personally, I think someone like Nielsen might have the same skillset but since his frame is larger, may have a better career. Just a thought.

I see Dermott being a mix of Loov and Percy. Very smart hockey player who also likes to take chances and plays with a bit of an edge. There's a reason why people see Rielly when they watch Dermott. If he were on the list, he'd be #1; which is why I guess he isn't.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I'm betting on Loov. Percy is ok but I don't think he'll make much of an impact. Loov to me seems like a gamer. I'm excited to see him in the NHL soon. I have no doubt he'll make it.

As for Harrington, I know very little about him so I won't comment.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I really like how Percy's game is so solid and calm. But to me he'll never be a top 2 defenseman.

Loov to me is almost Kronwall 2.0. If you watched the Marlies last season, you would have seen that he became their #1 by the end of the year because he is strong in all three zones and people know they HAVE to keep their head up on the ice with him. Been a long time since we've had someone like that who isn't just a bottom 6 plug.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I want to say Loov. I love what he's been bringing as a player and would be thrilled to see it translate to the NHL.

Percy is the "safe" pick though.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I agree with a lot of posters, Percy has a good shot at becoming a pretty solid 3/4 dman. I see the other two as 4/5/6.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I agree that Percy is a calm guy out there and will likely play second pair. I find that Loov looks kinda awkward, but he gets the job done and I see him being a 4/5/6 guy. Haven't seen much of Harrington of late, but I have heard he's solid all around and I remember him being stellar as a member of the Knights.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Just like the title. Percy, Loov then Harrington. Harrington will be a bust imo. Percy has a chance of being a valuable dman. And Loov could get some key minutes in the future as well...maybe anchoring the bottom pairing.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
I would have to put Harrington 3rd, however, I feel he could have a pretty big impact on the Leafs. He will most likely end up a 5-6, but, he is so solid defensively, and he will play decent PK time IMO. Having a 5-6 like Harrington is awesome!

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Percy is the worst skater of the bunch, so, he's last ...need to see Harrington to judge where he fits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad