Per Friedman: Coyotes players told team moving to Utah starting next season (Mod warning post #50)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This was probably because of the NHL wanting to control the narrative..

Official announcement comes tomorrow and the league wouldn't want a bunch of employees running to the internet ahead of time.

I agree but it's kinda silly to do that when the Utah owner has already come out and said "the rumors you're hearing online are true" :laugh:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I agree but it's kinda silly to do that when the Utah owner has already come out and said "the rumors you're hearing online are true" :laugh:

Yeah..... local radio guy broke the news tweeted out today it's all done pending a BOG vote tomorrow morning.

(hint..... he's been getting his info from a friend who works for the Jazz)

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
How long for the usual suspects to tell us this report is also wrong. AM is a valued owner. There is no way they sell and the league is happy with the fans sitting on high school benches.

I think they value the franchise. AM gets made hole ish.

The buyer pays a relocation fee to make up the difference the owners spent and moves.

I think the yotes team is probably similar to an expansion team in terms of assets. Tons of picks.

Cooley. Crouse. Keller. Not too bad.

Oh wow it actually happens like that. I’m impressed with myself

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
According to a quick google search, the population of Wyoming (as of 2022) was under 600,000.

There's a reason there's somewhat of a "dead zone" for pro sports in the US.....South Dakota, North Dakota, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming combining for zero teams. There's just no appetite for it, I guess. :dunno:
On top of that a quarter of that live within reasonable driving distance to Denver.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think Grizzlies is too perfect of a name, but whatever it will be, it should be wildlife or nature. Also, I would love their colours to be white, light blue, and some mountain green. Like the Seattle Thunderbirds white jersey, but without the dark greenish-blue and the grey.

I like both of these logos, but without all the dark blue and navy in them.

HH0Wbwe.png

Reactions: Guttersniped

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
To be fair, without Bettman`s obsession with NHL in Arizona, this saga would have ended years earlier. And even now, NHL promised return to Arizona if they build proper ice hockey arena within 5 yrs? That is quite astonishing, when NHL was never a success story in Arizona...

Reactions: pouf pouf

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
To be fair, without Bettman`s obsession with NHL in Arizona, this saga would have ended years earlier. And even now, NHL promised return to Arizona if they build proper ice hockey arena within 5 yrs? That is quite astonishing, when NHL was never a success story in Arizona...
Meruelo isn't the type to just hand over his property for nothing.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Meruelo is probably going to take the money and run but Bettman won't quit until he gets another team there. The league may get passed by the WNBA in the process but he'll make sure there's hockey in Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad