Per Friedman: Coyotes players told team moving to Utah starting next season (Mod warning post #50)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
That's probably the nail in the coffin for them in Arizona
Unless the new buyer has land in hand in the Greater Phoenix area and is ready to break ground on a new arena immediately, or can negotiate a return to Glendale, it's likely this.

I do wonder though if this is a voluntary decision by Meruelo. I think there's a decent chance it's not.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I don't know why they can't move the team, and then if the market seems more interested later on, returning to the city.
The only reason I can imagine is that the NHL owners and executives prefer it as a travel & leisure destination for road trips compared to somewhere like Salt Lake City.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don't know why they can't move the team, and then if the market seems more interested later on, returning to the city.
The only reason I can imagine is that the NHL owners and executives prefer it as a travel & leisure destination for road trips compared to somewhere like Salt Lake City.

Hard to imagine any perspective owner building an arena if the Coyotes leaves.

The big problem here is that the team has no home and none on the horizon either. If it's not getting built while they're there, I highly surprised it'll get built while they're gone.

Reactions: Voight and DaveG

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
Could this sell-off news impact Bettman's genius plan for the Yotes to host a Winter Classic outdoor game next year?

Reactions: MakoSlade

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I've sold NHL franchises to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook, and by gum it put them on the map!

Sdnt2Fn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad