GDT: Peoria Rivermen @ OKC Barons, Tuesday 12/11 6PM MDT

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Other than Hartikainen none of the highly drafted forward prospects look like they will amount to much in the NHL.

Paajarvi was a op 10 pick, Pitlick and Moroz were early 2nd rounders (for all intents and purposes late 1st rounders), and Martindale was an early 3rd rounder. Add Hamilton and Lander who were both 2nd round picks.

IMHO, if they fail to develop 2 or better yet 3 of these guys into legitimate top 9 NHL forwards, the Oilers may soon find themselves in a perpetual re-build or at best a bubble team in the Calgary mode.

It's a LITTLE early to call Moroz not amounting much in the NHL, yes? Plus, I'd think Lander should be a good depth 3rd-4th line centre as he's developing now...

And as for "none of the highly drafted forward prospects", RNH, Hall and Eberle say hi :sarcasm:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Agreed. I've been tough on Hall but he is really pushing the play and is handling the puck well. On the other hand, Eberle is having a really quiet game.
Hartikainen continues to play very well. The Barons defense has to play better, they are giving up way too many quality chances.

I've been hard on Hall's passing, however I have also acknowledged that he is coming off of a major injury/surgery and a lengthy layoff. When he gets back to 100% he is going to be a ****ing beast.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I've been hard on Hall's passing, however I have also acknowledged that he is coming off of a major injury/surgery and a lengthy layoff. When he gets back to 100% he is going to be a ****ing beast.

He'll never be consistently great with the puck but despite that, he will be the most valuable Oiler going forward IMO just based on his presence alone and the way he consistently drives the play.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I can't watch the game right now. Would you say Hall is looking more like Moreau, Chad Kilger or maybe a poor man's Mike Grier?

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Really like the way Lander has been playing lately. Looking more and more like he will end up being an NHLer. His defensive awareness has been great as always but he is looking like he gained a step in the off season and seems to be getting comfortable in the ozone

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Really like the way Lander has been playing lately. Looking more and more like he will end up being an NHLer. His defensive awareness has been great as always but he is looking like he gained a step in the off season and seems to be getting comfortable in the ozone

I knew the Oilers brass was high on him for some reason.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
You guys see that shoulder by Harti? God damn... so nice. SOooooo nice. How often do you see the guy with the puck knock the man behind him onto his ass?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

the guy did play 56 NHL games last season :)

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You guys see that shoulder by Harti? God damn... so nice. SOooooo nice. How often do you see the guy with the puck knock the man behind him onto his ass?

Quite a bit when Hemsky still had shoulders.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Marincin seems to be getting worse every game. How many times are they going to have meltdowns in the 3rd?

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
the guy did play 56 NHL games last season :)

Any other team in the league and he would have been lucky to have played 5-10 games with the way he was looking last year. I'm just happy he is starting to adjust to the NA game and looking like the player lots of people were expecting him to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad