Pre-Game Talk: Pens/Yotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
In 2008 and 2009, it took them Lidstrom (top 5 d-man of all-time), Datsyuk (perennial Selke contender) AND Zetterberg (Selke-caliber defender) to countain Sid. They don't have Lidstrom anymore and they don't have the depth they used to. Geno should be free to do his thing... and he has Neal. Sid could have a tough series.

I wouldnt' call it a slam dunk. Plenty of teams in the East could give us a tough time. Leafs and Isles have the skill and speed to make Orpik their *****. And despite the Wings getting older, Z and Dats are still aces defensively and always turn their games up in the postseason. Even if they can only hold Sid in check, that's roughly half our scoring currently.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I wouldnt' call it a slam dunk. Plenty of teams in the East could give us a tough time. Leafs and Isles have the skill and speed to make Orpik their *****. And despite the Wings getting older, Z and Dats are still aces defensively and always turn their games up in the postseason. Even if they can only hold Sid in check, that's roughly half our scoring currently.

The Wings are nothing. The Isles and the Leafs, now, those are tough match ups for us for the exact reasons you listed. We suck again teams that have speed and can forecheck.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Offensively gifted teams worry me because of Fleury and the Vokoun question, there's also a good chance they'll get drawn into being sloppy. Defensively strong teams worry me because of the mess the forward situation is and the possibility of needing to score a lot of goals because of the goalie situation. Fast teams are a concern, physical and large teams are a concern. Well balanced teams... ugh.

There isn't one team I think they're safe against.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
The Wings are nothing. The Isles and the Leafs, now, those are tough match ups for us for the exact reasons you listed. We suck again teams that have speed and can forecheck.

Took the Cup champs to 7 games last year man. Babcock and Dats/Z know how to play playoff hockey.

If I had my choice, I'd play Tampa, Carolina, Columbus, Ottawa, Caps and the Rags long before any of the other teams in the playoff race.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Took the Cup champs to 7 games last year man. Babcock and Dats/Z know how to play playoff hockey.

If I had my choice, I'd play Tampa, Carolina, Columbus, Ottawa, Caps and the Rags long before any of the other teams in the playoff race.

I would not include Tampa in that list. Bishop is playing too well, and they'll have Stamkos back. That is a good hockey team. They are 3rd in the East for a reason.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
When the Wings lose Datsyuk and Z in a few short years, they're going to be abysmal. I can't wait.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm so apathetic about this game I don't think I'll even bother predicting a loss

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
I'm so apathetic about this game I don't think I'll even bother predicting a loss

they have a lot of players with cool names:

Mikkel Bødker
Radim Vrbata
Martin Hanzal
Rob Klinkhammer

too bad they don't have N. Johnson and C. Johnson anymore.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Will be interesting to see OEL and Maatta on the same ice. Obviously the former has been a stud for awhile, but interesting nonetheless.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

... Pens will lose, I guarantee it in place of IC.

I'm just happy that it's at 8pm for me. I'm going to be pissed if I have to watch Kobasew play tonight, or Ebbett.

True story, I always think the Coyotes became the Jets. I also kept thinking the Thrashers and the Coyotes were the same team.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Letang has chronic and fairly serious migraine issues. A couple of years ago there was an article on how a new medication improved his health. The entire story made it seem an awful ordeal to go through every few days. The "My headaches were so bad I couldn't see colors anymore" stuff. I hope he's not having a relapse.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Letang has chronic and fairly serious migraine issues. A couple of years ago there was an article on how a new medication improved his health. The entire story made it seem an awful ordeal to go through every few days. The "My headaches were so bad I couldn't see colors anymore" stuff. I hope he's not having a relapse.

I can't believe I forgot about that. If that's what's causing him trouble it would explain a lot.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA

I did think of that, but dismissed it as I'm not sure engaging in cheery banter with Pens moms at Staples Center bombarded by lights and loud music for a few hours is a prescription for severe migraine relief.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Didn't one of them say that something was going around the team? He was also hanging out with the mothers during the game.

The whole migraine thing sucks for him, though.

CrozJawz*

Does everyone really think that they will lose???

As you all know, I'm pretty pessimistic but I'm not guaranteeing a loss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig