Pre-Game Talk: Pens/Yotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This thread should be started by Fordy's last in the Pens/Kings postgame, just because something that good shouldn't be lost in the shuffle:

The **** is wrong with Letang? Is he not a physical specimen? Does he eat dirt? How does an adult, let alone an athlete of his level, manage to get sick all the time, get infections in their arms, whatever? Does he not know to eat an orange every once in a while? Like little kids get cuts infected because they don't know what to do with it and they mess with it and ****. Is Letang in the back of the jet picking at scabs and eating **** off the floor?

I imagine Letang's house has similar conditions to your average Dickensian workhouse/19th century opium den.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The **** is wrong with Letang? Is he not a physical specimen? Does he eat dirt? How does an adult, let alone an athlete of his level, manage to get sick all the time, get infections in their arms, whatever? Does he not know to eat an orange every once in a while? Like little kids get cuts infected because they don't know what to do with it and they mess with it and ****. Is Letang in the back of the jet picking at scabs and eating **** off the floor?

:laugh:

Maybe.

It's funny how no one else has missed a game from this bug that's going around. Letang's issues this season:

Did something to his knee (?) in practice for the preseason.
Infected elbow.
Sick.

Next he's going to slam his finger in the door and be day to day until he needs surgery on that. Maybe he's really old school? Like no understanding of germ theory and thinking bloodletting is a cure all old school.

Last edited:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
:laugh:

Maybe.

It's funny how no one else has missed a game from this bug that's going around. Letang's issues this season:

Did something to his knee (?) in practice for the preseason.
Infected elbow.
Sick.

Next he's going to slam his finger in the door and be say to day until he needs surgery on that. Maybe he's really old school? Like no understanding of germ theory and thinking bloodletting is a cure all old school.

His mother is scheduling an exorcism to get all of his demons out (except the ones that make him unable to make good decisions on the ice).

Sideline

May 23, 2004
The Mom's trip was just an excuse to get Mrs. Letang in town to make sure Kris is still washing his hands before eating and cleaning his room.

CrozJawz*

Does Letang sit next to Neal on the plane???

If so, perhaps Letang keeps getting infections because Neal doesn't wash his hair and is falling asleep on Letang's shoulder??? LOL

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
In other random pens news... if the season ended today the pens would play the Detroit Red Wings in the first round... Not really sure what to think of that

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
an inspired opium den reference deserves an inspired opium den scene.

Leone...niiice. Pretty picturesque for a drughouse though, haha.

Anybody who wants to understand pure squalor needs to check out the best HF thread of all-time:

Today, I made my last stand in the most difficult battle of my life

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=223439

The pictures aren't available any more, but that almost makes it better.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
In other random pens news... if the season ended today the pens would play the Detroit Red Wings in the first round... Not really sure what to think of that

You don't have to think of it, because it won't happen.

I do look forward to facing them in upcoming years though. I wish it would happen this year but with all of their injuries I can't see them bouncing back.

Last edited:

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I hope someone smokes Ribeiro. I can't stand that guy. Haven't liked him since that ridiculous Oscar-worthy performance when he rolled around the ice faking an injury during that Bruins/Canadiens playoff series a few years back.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
These aren't my early 20s Red Wings, I would be confident in us crushing them in 4 or 5.

I wouldn't. Babcock is a better matchups guy than DB. And Z and Dats have the potential to hold Sid/Geno in check. And at this moment, we have no secondary scoring.

They're not contenders, but we've been bounced by lesser teams before.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wouldn't. Babcock is a better matchups guy than DB. And Z and Dats have the potential to hold Sid/Geno in check. And at this moment, we have no secondary scoring.

I don't think Zetterberg or Datsyuk can contain Crosby or Malkin on their own, though. Lidstrom was monumental in holding Crosby at bay that series, regardless of Zetterberg's performance. I don't think Kronwall can do as good of a job.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

In 2008 and 2009, it took them Lidstrom (top 5 d-man of all-time), Datsyuk (perennial Selke contender) AND Zetterberg (Selke-caliber defender) to countain Sid. They don't have Lidstrom anymore and they don't have the depth they used to. Geno should be free to do his thing... and he has Neal. Sid could have a tough series.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Letang is married now isn't he? AND his mom is here. How is this happening? You know this isn't the first time Letang's mom was called to the rink because he had an accident.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
This thread should be started by Fordy's last in the Pens/Kings postgame, just because something that good shouldn't be lost in the shuffle:

I imagine Letang's house has similar conditions to your average Dickensian workhouse/19th century opium den.

He is starting to strike me as that kid who wipes his runny nose on his hands, then his hands on his pants.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Does Letang sit next to Neal on the plane???

If so, perhaps Letang keeps getting infections because Neal doesn't wash his hair and is falling asleep on Letang's shoulder??? LOL

That is kind of funny, actually.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
the team keeps daring letang to lick things and he does it because he wants to be accepted by the cool kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig